SportsWrath

Beckham traded to Cleveland

Mr. P

Oh he's definitely a dick. That's never been in dispute. But such a dick that he isn't worth the talent?.... I wouldn't have ever said that.

yeah. I doubt that was the only nail in his coffin though.

oh, don't really want to be in New York? Then lets see how you like Cleveland, motherfucker.

He probably thinks he can replace LeBron on the big billboard downtown. Maybe he will...

How does a 6th and 17th overall pick put the team in a position to draft both a franchise QB and a premium pass rusher? Franchise QBs go higher than 6, they'd have to trade both picks to get up top to draft the franchise QB, leaving nothing for the pass rusher. The trade changed nothing, its still pass rusher or QB.

That's what ticks me off about the deal.... the odds of getting equal value back for Beckham are virtually nil. Beckhams don't fall to 16. They sure don't fall to the very bottom of the 3rd round.

I suspect we're going to see both picks moved to get to the top of the draft. I hope Kyler Murray isn't as retarded as he sounds on TV.

Players rise and fall all the time in the draft with no mock draft getting the first round even half right. Time will tell if the Giants get equal value back for Beckham because on the face value of it now, looks very thin. It would be a tremendous waste to move up in the draft.

I'm as pissed as all of you are. However, there are a few things to note here:

1. The team had it's highest points output of the season last year in the games Beckham was out. The offense is likely to be fine.

2. Gettleman favors tall receivers instead of small, quick guys. Beckham's game is built on speed... but once that speed and quickness goes, his career is effectively over. Maybe the injury is worse than we thought.

3. Some of his comments and behavior has been distracting, though I will say that he seems to be a pretty good teammate. However, missing five games last year with a thigh bruise is definitely a little weird.

4. This is probably the most we'll ever get for him in a trade.

5. Yes he's awesome, but he has not shown up in big games (with an admittedly small sample size).

I guess I'm just gonna trust the process. If he's injured by week six next year, Gettleman will look like a genius. If he's healthy for the whole season Getty's gonna be run out on a rail.

Woke up this morning, still know the Giants a dumpster team for the next 5 years.

Favorite Giant on the team for the last five years is gone.

Still expecting Getty to package picks for Murray.

Life as a Giants fan looks promising.

FFS.

At least the Leaves and Raptors are doing good.

Players rise and fall all the time in the draft with no mock draft getting the first round even half right. Time will tell if the Giants get equal value back for Beckham because on the face value of it now, looks very thin. It would be a tremendous waste to move up in the draft.

To me I feel like a Draft pick had no value until they step on the field and can prove it.

You can trade a guy for 5 first round picks, it doesn't matter is all of them turn out to be busts.

we had a sure thing in OBJ, he's what you want from a first round pick, he's the anomaly.

Your lucky if your first round pick is even on the team after four years due to not developing.

I just feel it's a risk the Giants can't afford to make or its just gonna set this team back further.

1. The team had it's highest points output of the season last year in the games Beckham was out. The offense is likely to be fine.

2. Gettleman favors tall receivers instead of small, quick guys. Beckham's game is built on speed... but once that speed and quickness goes, his career is effectively over. Maybe the injury is worse than we thought.

3. Some of his comments and behavior has been distracting, though I will say that he seems to be a pretty good teammate. However, missing five games last year with a thigh bruise is definitely a little weird.

5. Yes he's awesome, but he has not shown up in big games (with an admittedly small sample size).

I guess I'm just gonna trust the process. If he's injured by week six next year, Gettleman will look like a genius. If he's healthy for the whole season Getty's gonna be run out on a rail.

That is where my thought process has been going... since he was drafted he played exactly one full 16 game season. The Giants gave him that huge contract coming off of an injury and he ends up missing the last 1/3rd of the season for a thigh bruise.

I will say there are a lot of big and tall receivers who seem to flame out earlier than the quick, route runners. Demaryius Thomas and Dez Bryant come to mind recently. When theyre done, theyre done. You can move quick guys to the slot.

I think to say that Beckham's game is based on speed is a severe understatement of his skills. He isn't even really that fast for a WR. His most valuable attributes are his route running and his hands, and he won't lose that if he loses a step. He's a guy that so long as he remains dedicated to his craft will have a very long career, he'll be able to transition from a game breaker to a solid posession guy late in his career.

You know what I'm still fucking pissed off.

The Giants gave up their franchise WR, and have the most dead cap of any team next year paying something like 45 million to players no longer on the team. For a mid first round pick a third round pick that's at the end of the third round, and a safety.

You know what the Browns gave up? Fucking nothing, that first round pick isn't a big deal they still have their second round pick, they kept their higher third round pick, and still signed and traded for a fuck ton of talented players.

The Giants risk the next 10 years of franchise failure for the Browns who risked basically nothing for this trade.

It's soo fucking stupid lol

You know what I'm still fucking pissed off.

The Giants gave up their franchise WR, and have the most dead cap of any team next year paying something like 45 million to players no longer on the team. For a mid first round pick a third round pick that's at the end of the third round, and a safety.

You know what the Browns gave up? Fucking nothing, that first round pick isn't a big deal they still have their second round pick, they kept their higher third round pick, and still signed and traded for a fuck ton of talented players.

The Giants risk the next 10 years of franchise failure for the Browns who risked basically nothing for this trade.

It's soo fucking stupid lol

I agree its not a great deal... but one player does not cause a team to be a success or failure for 10 years. Certainly not a Wide Receiver.

I think to say that Beckham's game is based on speed is a severe understatement of his skills. He isn't even really that fast for a WR. His most valuable attributes are his route running and his hands, and he won't lose that if he loses a step. He's a guy that so long as he remains dedicated to his craft will have a very long career, he'll be able to transition from a game breaker to a solid posession guy late in his career.

Yeah that's fair. His change of direction ability is pretty elite too.

I agree its not a great deal... but one player does not cause a team to be a success or failure for 10 years. Certainly not a Wide Receiver.

they are banking on a compete rebuild by getting rid of core young players hoping to get lucky to find replacements.

You don't go through a rebuild by throwing away picks you hit on, you build on to that core. Look at any successful team, they build around the Draft picks they hit on because you don't hit often in the Draft in the NFL.

They are starting from groibd level, they need to find the next franchise QB/WR/Complete defensive overhaul, while trying to maintain the Oline.

This isn't a risk that gets fixed over night this is something that takes multiple season to do and if it fails is another rebuild and more seasons and talent wanted.

Vacciano is reporting that Giants sources tell him Beckham was becoming too much of a pain in the ass.

Makes me wonder if they just shut him down those last few games last season with the intent to trade him. I love the guy and his antics dont bother me too much but Im not dealing with him every day either

Makes me wonder if they just shut him down those last few games last season with the intent to trade him. I love the guy and his antics dont bother me too much but Im not dealing with him every day either

Damn I said that a few pages back. And was questioning why it happened like it did in the first place.

Unless the guy was being a complete asshole and ripping the locker room apart, I wouldn't see a reason to do this.

By week 12 OBJ must of pissed everyone off so much that they decided to sit him so he would be healthy enough to trade, three months later.

I mean could be true, Getty does seem like the no nonsense type.