SportsWrath

Theres talk of them going after Daryl Williams at RT.

I was hoping to get that RT out of Miami but the Broncos are throwing a massive contract his way.

Giants going to have to go dumpster diving for their FAs this year.

A parting gift from JR

Solder, Hernandez, the new guard, Halapio at OL.

Barkley, OBJ, Shepard, Coleman, Engram, Elison at skills positions.

What else does he have for an excuse this year?

To be honest... Halapio is overrated. I saw him play against the Cowboys. And he was over matched from the moment go. He was awful in that game.

There only 2 players Im interested in seeing the Giants signed this offseason. Darryl Williams and Nick Foles... and seeing that Nick will sign with the Jags. That only leaves Willams. If the money is right... we should give him a shot.

Also, maybe its a hunch... but I think the Giants go Defense in the first round

To be honest... Halapio is overrated. I saw him play against the Cowboys. And he was over matched from the moment go. He was awful in that game.

There only 2 players Im interested in seeing the Giants signed this offseason. Darryl Williams and Nick Foles... and seeing that Nick will sign with the Jags. That only leaves Willams. If the money is right... we should give him a shot.

They also resigned Pulley I imagine they are going to let them battle it out for the starting center spot with whoever losing going to back up guard/center duty.

Hiphopjalapeno was rated as a high center before getting hurt.

It's easy to say he looked bad in one game, the entire Oline looked bad all year with a slight increase near the end of the season, mainly cause Solder decided to remember how to block a pass rush.

Foles was never an option the Giants were never going to have the money and he's highly over rated due to the SB run.

Daryl Williams would be a go decent signing, he's just going to come in on a heavy contract.

One weak RT doesn't hurt if the rest of the line is solid.

Not to mention I suspect the Giants grab a RT in round two or even FA.

I guess the excuse will be he has a rookie Oline.

well the old adage about the offensive line is that its only as good as its weakest link. But I think we can work around a turnstile at RT a little easier than at the other OL positions. Especially if Ellison gets back to 2017 and prior form as a blocker, or another blocking TE steps up.

We'll have to see how they play, but Eli played well enough in the second half of the year, after the OL got their shit together, so I don't think any excuses are necessary. The way its shaping up now, the depth is thin, but if the front line starters stay healthy the offense should be really, really good.

that's how I saw it too, but the Giants point the finger for the performance then on a raw rookie at LG and OhMommy! at RG, not Halapio. But I don't know man, I thought it looked like he was getting clobbered out there. I'm definitely most nervous about center, the 2019 OL hinges on that position I think more so than the situation at RT.

Is his pay "decent" as well?

More than decent!

I forget the source, but I've heard that Solder needed time to adjust to Eli's drop, which is apparently quite a bit deeper than Brady. Early in the season supposedly Solder kept thinking he had run his guy around the edge, only to find he'd let him run right to the QB. And I don't think we saw him get beat around the edge much in the second part of the season.

Reason for optimism I guess. We won't be mad about that contract if he's good enough and the team is winning.

LT and RT LOL. Solder is fucking horrible.

Yeah people keep saying "well Solder is a great tackle." Dude allowed 8 sacks in 7 games last year... that's not even "good." Second half of the year was much better but a good tackle doesn't usually suck for half the year.

Hopefully CD is right and he just had to adjust to Eli's drop but he was bad for the first half of his final NE season too.

Yeah people keep saying "well Solder is a great tackle." Dude allowed 8 sacks in 7 games last year... that's not even "good." Second half of the year was much better but a good tackle doesn't usually suck for half the year.

Hopefully CD is right and he just had to adjust to Eli's drop but he was bad for the first half of his final NE season too.

All players have slumps.

All players have slumps.

I don't even think it was a slump. The entire team got better in the 2nd half. That trickles down to every position. If h's used to blocking for Brady, easily the mosr efficient QB in the hostory of the NFL, he's going to need some adjustment to deal with the Schumer Tumor of an offense.

He had his slump in NE, that why he was a FA. It was slim pickings but it was still a bad signing. Hope he proves me wrong.

Getty couldn't do nothing though, which is the problem.

You don't get much time as a GM in the NFL anymore, two or three bad years and you're gone.

well that was the story I'd heard..... honestly I suspect it had more to do with Solder shading over towards Hernandez, who really didn't know was hesitant in his assignments the first several weeks.