SportsWrath

Giants trade Olivier Vernon for Browns Guard Kevin Zeitler

Sephiroth

I think one of the stipulations is that none of Zeitler's contract after this season is guaranteed and at least part of Vernon's is. Gettleman was looking to get out of Vernon's contract and happened to get a really good player to boot.

Solder-Hernandez-Zeitler might not be an all-pro line, but you can do a lot worse as a starting point.

I think one of the stipulations is that none of Zeitler's contract after this season is guaranteed and at least part of Vernon's is. Gettleman was looking to get out of Vernon's contract and happened to get a really good player to boot.

Solder-Hernandez-Zeitler might not be an all-pro line, but you can do a lot worse as a starting point.

I don't know about All Pro, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Hernandez make some Pro Bowls. Zeitler either, he's a good player who has toiled away on lousy teams in small markets.

Halapio is back at center. I didn't see it on the field, but the team is happy about it so I'll follow their lead and let myself feel good about it.

If we can somehow nab one of the two good RTs in FA then this might be a really good OL in 2019.

I don't know about All Pro, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Hernandez make some Pro Bowls. Zeitler either, he's a good player who has toiled away on lousy teams in small markets.

Halapio is back at center. I didn't see it on the field, but the team is happy about it so I'll follow their lead and let myself feel good about it.

If we can somehow nab one of the two good RTs in FA then this might be a really good OL in 2019.

I hope their planning on throwing a boat load of money at James out of Miami.

Kids a beast.

Fools gold. We know what Vernon actually is.

A guy who can put pressure on the QB?

He finally doesnt have to do it all alone and worry about the QB bring able to step up in the pocket easily or just not worry about pressure from the other side.

Seriously, one of only four players in the last six years to have six sacks or more in every year in the NFL.

It was a being suggested from the PFF pic that he was a top-5 rusher. He's not a top-5 rusher. A nice player sure, but can you name a single game-changing play he made while he was here?

As far as doing it all alone, he played JPP and Cameron Wake and only cracked double digits once. Again he's a good player but he's no world beater.

I'd rather have the guard, especially if we're going to stick with Eli and possibly develop a young QB behind him. Gettleman is finally doing what I wanted JR to start four years ago... building a dominant offensive line and running game. That's how you stay successful with an aging QB and bring a young kid along.

I like Vernon as much as anyone but after all these years of bad o-lines Ill take the guard. A great offense will at least keep you competitive

I have no problem with the trade, it makes sense for us, just pointing out that Vernon wasn't the bum some think he is. He'll probably do much better in Cleveland where he won't face 3 of the best Tackles in the game for 6 games every season.

I have no problem with the trade, it makes sense for us, just pointing out that Vernon wasn't the bum some think he is. He'll probably do much better in Cleveland where he won't face 3 of the best Tackles in the game for 6 games every season.

At this point in his career, he'll probably only play in 6 games every season.