SportsWrath

Vernon on the way out ?

UK-Giantsfan

'Zo Carter is the other pass rusher, word is the Giants already looked at him as a starter moving forward. Hence the reason they felt free to trade Vernon.

I think his bookend will come from the top of the draft. Come on Josh Allen!!!

I think Carter will get better with another year under his belt.

But with Bettchers system it's based around having guys who can get after the passer, with Vernon gone he literally has no one proven to be able to do that.

Josh Allen or Williams need to fall and suddenly it doesn't look so bad.

I think they go QB in round in round two now get a guy like Jones or Grier.

Going to have to hit a homerun in the draft to field a defense as good as last year at this point.

Those guys were ranked like 30th. Its not like theyve ever been any good with the players that have been the core the past few years. I guess I dont see what the difference is. They werent good with Snacks, Collins, Vernon, or Apple.

No there's no free agent passers worth a damn, and Getty is insane if he goes into the year with Martin and Wynn(if he doesn't walk) as the pass rushers.

Sorry Nas Giants ain't going QB, but I hope they keep the smoke screen going that they love Haskins, so it pushes Josh Allen further down the board.

Oh really? You think our QB situation is great ha.

Vernon has seemed to be a non-factor in most games, to the point that when he actually does make a plan I kind of perk and say.. was that Vernon? So getting a solid player at RG and clearing up cap space seems like a win.

although our Defense seems to keep losing players

Vernon has seemed to be a non-factor in most games, to the point that when he actually does make a plan I kind of perk and say.. was that Vernon? So getting a solid player at RG and clearing up cap space seems like a win.

The way I think about it is the defense has been bottom of the NFL through different coordinators and coaches, eventually you have to toss the players and rebuild.

It's a gamble but Bettcher has shown he can build a top 10 defense with the Cardinals.

To me he seems to be the king of "almost making the play." I always hear, "well, he's top ten in the league in hurries!" which might be awesome when you're playing the Case Keenums of the league, but the Aaron Rodgers' probably threw 3 TDs during your 3 "hurries."

Sacks are plays, "hurries" are participation trophies IMO.