SportsWrath

: Could the Giants be featured on HBO's 'Hard Knocks'?

fringe

If he didn't restructure, I'd take the cap hit and move on...if we could find an adequate replacement to hold the spot until a suitable draftee is selected.

The problem with taking his cap hit is, you can't really sign anyone this year then.

Guys like Shepard and Collins would walk.

Adequate to me can be a 3 year starter to bridge into new franchise QB. Figure even if bridge QB is mediocre...with the talent atskill positions...we can turn around quicker than going with a rookie or not getting the guys we need on the lines.

I just think offensive line help is more of an issue than QB and you're able to maybe get two 10-year linemen over a lukewarm QB come draft day

Adequate to me can be a 3 year starter to bridge into new franchise QB. Figure even if bridge QB is mediocre...with the talent atskill positions...we can turn around quicker than going with a rookie or not getting the guys we need on the lines.

I just think offensive line help is more of an issue than QB and you're able to maybe get two 10-year linemen over a lukewarm QB come draft day

Give an example of this bridge QB you speak of please

Bridgewater, Foles, Keenum...nobody we'd expect to set the world on fire, but guys who might be better than expected given the playmakers we have. And...guys we would pay less than Eli.

And I would cut Eli outright if he didn't take a pay cut. It's the same argument I've made regarding Eli vs Rivers...he has NEVER been THAT much better than Rivers on the field to have justified what we gave up inthe trade

Bridgewater, Foles, Keenum...nobody we'd expect to set the world on fire, but guys who might be better than expected given the playmakers we have. And...guys we would pay less than Eli.

And I would cut Eli outright if he didn't take a pay cut. It's the same argument I've made regarding Eli vs Rivers...he has NEVER been THAT much better than Rivers on the field to have justified what we gave up inthe trade

wouldnt Foles cost as much as Eli? So thats double the salary at QB? Doesnt seem wise

If he didn't restructure, I'd take the cap hit and move on...if we could find an adequate replacement to hold the spot until a suitable draftee is selected.

Can't restructure with one year left on the contract, and it only moves cap money around anyway. The restructuring player just gets money up front.