SportsWrath

Post your fantasy baseball teams here

Exit 117

idk but i took him too in the last round. i'm a lil upset with my pitching.

h2h-12 teams- #11 pick (sucks)

C B. Molina

1B T. Helton

2B J. Cantú

3B S. Rolen

SS J. Uribe

OF B. Abreu

OF A. Jones

OF K. Mench

Util L. Overbay

BN J. Lane

BN J. Kendall

BN E. Hinske

SP F. Hernández

SP J. Schmidt

RP T. Hoffman

RP S. Shields

P J. Garland

P L. Hernández

P D. Báez

BN B. Radke

BN J. Towers

Please don't just copy and paste your teams, it's easier to read in a short concise manner without the unnecessary information. Sorry, minor complaint. This is a decent team for a 12 round league. With Helton leading the team you can make a slight rebound in BA and Abreu will give you 30-40 steals. Decent power, but there are questions of Mench, with the largest head size in the majors, producing over a full season. a sophomore slump from Cantu, and a comeback from Rolen. If all three produce then you have a damn good team, despite the lack of speed. As amazing as King Felix is, it's hard to fully put the burden on him as a number one starter. Schmidt, who is healthy now, should get back to hiss pre-2005 numbers...he's sort of a forgotten man now. You'll make up for the innings lost from King Felix (on a severe pitch count this year) from Livan Hernandez and Radke is a consistent, unheralded type, who won't hurt you. I like your relief corp. of Hoffman and Shields, possibly the best MR/LR pitcher out there. Hoffman is getting older and with only one closer, you'll have to get lucky to win the category, but he'll give you great stats other than just saves. Riske has no chance of closing in Boston and likes giving up the long ball but he is a good consistent relief pitcheer as well. Midseason trades will help, seek speed.

I had 3rd overall pick and there are 12 guys in my league :afro: :afro: :afro:

C A. Pierzynski

1B M. Teixeira

2B R. Belliard

3B A. Ramírez

SS J. Peralta

OF A. Jones

OF J. Francoeur

OF M. Holliday

Util J. Gomes

BN J. Molina

SP C. Zambrano

SP Z. Duke

RP E. Gagne

RP D. Báez

P J. Sosa

P S. Chacón

P J. Westbrook

BN G. Chacín

BN J. Papelbon

BN C. Wang

BN K. Farnsworth

Your team is very prospect heavy with the proven veterans being few and far between, but that isn't always a bad thing. Weak catching corp. (and while I do strongly advocate backup catchers, I think at this point, with one bench position, you're better off with a backup OF or MI than a backup catcher who sort of...ahem...sucks), top 1b, decent 2b, top SS, underrated All Star third baseman, and a questionable outfield that will be high on power but low in BA. Your team has no speed whatsoever, but you should get your HRs and RBIs. The prospect love continues with your pitching where you have Wang, Papelbon, Duke, and Chacin. These guys can be good but three have the misfortune in being in the toughest offensive division in baseball. Your SP isn't strikeout heavy and won't get too many wins either but the ERA and WHIP should be fine. I like your failsafe plan with the Dodgers but Baez as MR isn't too good, his WHIP is too high. Farnsworth is Rivera's backup and should do well there, getting his Ks, but he has a problem with the big stage. I don't know, we'll have to see if your prospects perform.

Here is mine in public league

C K. Johjima

1B J. Kent

2B T. Iguchi

3B T. Glaus

SS J. Peralta

OF C. Crawford

OF J. Bay

OF C. Lee

Util A. Béltre

BN L. Castillo

BN N. Swisher

BN J. Encarnación

BN J. Jones

SP A. Pettitte

SP A. Burnett

RP Fr. Rodríguez

RP J. Sosa

P Z. Duke

P S. Chacón

P A. Small

BN A. Eaton

You have a well rounded offense with Crawford being a supplier of speed and power from Lee and Beltre. Your BA will be about average, not great. Not the greatest offense in the world though...and your pitching is weak. Pettite won't have much run support, Burnett has great stuff but has never put it together, Duke will be a sophomore, and Chacon and Small had uncharacteristically good years with the Yankees that neither can hope to match again. Chacon won't be as good as last year and I credit the era more to unfamiliarity than anything else. Small won't be starting and he has had a horrible career until ten good starts. Weak team as a whole but it seems like a deep league so don't give up.

Acks, I've been away for a bit, and now I have to review every single person's team...just because I am me. Anyway, you have an excellent offensive team though it's not much for speed or average. You should expect an incredible amount of HRs and RBIs and Runs aplenty. Consider trading some power for speed or for a 20/20 type guy unless speed isn't part of your game. Run away from Jose Molina, drop him right away, he will NOT help your team. His .239 average won't help you and you'll be better off stashing his competitor, top catching prospect Jeff Mathis who will most likely become the starting catcher after Jose Molina falters. Until then, anybody but Jose, who is by far the worst of the Molina brothers. I don't know how many people are in your league or who is available but there's gotta be someone along the lines of Rod Barajas left or even Josh Willingham, an excellent offensive catcher for the Marlins who will start the season because of his offense but his defense is in question. Good job getting one of the top bench players possible. I look at these to bench guys to be the ones who play multiple positions and play well who would otherwise not be drafted. An ultimate example is one Chone Figgins. This year's class has Pedro Feliz, Ryan Freel, Bill Hall, Rob Mackowiac, and even someone like the possibly undrafted Nomar Garciaparra. Anyway, I'm not sold on your pitching. A good 1-2 punch that will give you a lot of innings and a decent number of strikeouts but after that, a lot of questions. Vazquez in another bandbox with Brandon McCarthy breathing down his next, Duke over a full season, Towers and Chacin in the stacked AL East, and Eaton, after a second half slump, in the AL Coors...eeps. Your closing situation isn't enviable either with Jenks holding onto the job by a thread and Wickman only getting older and fatter.

Well, I just dropped Eaton for Foulke, a move I'm pretty pleased in. I'm looking for the guys you listed like McCarty soon. Thanks for the advice.

And also, what do you think of Prince Fielder? I am thinking of making a trade for him and eventually getting rid of Thome for a proven pitcher.

How did Foulke go undrafted? That is an amazing waiver wire pickup, and if he doesn't produce, eh, won't kill you. As for Prince Fielder, he will produce, that goes without question. Odds are he won't dazzle with average, .270 maybe, but he'll probably hit 30 HRs and with that have at least 90+ rbis. Definitely someone you can safely start at first base but don't expect him to get many runs because he doesn't have much behind him. I like your ideas though, but make sure you can get both done...wouldn't be good to have both Thome and Fielder. As for McCarthy...he's a mega-pitcher type but is blocked by five quality starters in Buehrle, Garcia, Garland, Vazquez, and Contreras. If any goes down definitely consider McCarthy. I think he's exhausted his rookie status but he was near the top of the White Sox list and in the majors should contribute a K per inning and 3.50 era.

here's one i did the other day. it's a meaningless league, when i do my money league draft i'll post it. i had 6th pick out of 8.

c v-mart

1b derek lee

2b felipe lopez

3b ensberg

ss reyes

lf matsui

cf cameron

rf ichiro

util fielder

bench frank thomas

pitchers (5 sp, 2rp, 1 p)

santana

felix

duke

hudson

lowry

street

hoffman

mike gonzalez

joe blanton

francisco liriano

How did Foulke go undrafted? That is an amazing waiver wire pickup, and if he doesn't produce, eh, won't kill you. As for Prince Fielder, he will produce, that goes without question. Odds are he won't dazzle with average, .270 maybe, but he'll probably hit 30 HRs and with that have at least 90+ rbis. Definitely someone you can safely start at first base but don't expect him to get many runs because he doesn't have much behind him. I like your ideas though, but make sure you can get both done...wouldn't be good to have both Thome and Fielder. As for McCarthy...he's a mega-pitcher type but is blocked by five quality starters in Buehrle, Garcia, Garland, Vazquez, and Contreras. If any goes down definitely consider McCarthy. I think he's exhausted his rookie status but he was near the top of the White Sox list and in the majors should contribute a K per inning and 3.50 era.

I got lucky. Foulke didn't go undrafted but was dropped. As for McCarthy, he was also recently picked up and I got him. Now I'm receiving multiple offers that involve trading Cantu away. What do you think of Jorge?

I got lucky. Foulke didn't go undrafted but was dropped. As for McCarthy, he was also recently picked up and I got him. Now I'm receiving multiple offers that involve trading Cantu away. What do you think of Jorge?

Cantu? Well...good player, multiple position eligibility, great power for MI...but he strikes out a lot and doesn't walk, much like most young players. Expect his BA to digress a bit but he's still going to hit at least 20 HRs and get maybe 90/90 in an improved Devil Ray lineup.

Cantu? Well...good player, multiple position eligibility, great power for MI...but he strikes out a lot and doesn't walk, much like most young players. Expect his BA to digress a bit but he's still going to hit at least 20 HRs and get maybe 90/90 in an improved Devil Ray lineup.

One last question, is that Angels catcher you recommended going to start? And what about the Marlins catcher?

One last question, is that Angels catcher you recommended going to start? And what about the Marlins catcher?

I'm not saying to go entirely on what I say...know that. Jeff Mathis will probably split time with the defensively superior Jose Molina to start the season but should win the starting job in a month or so.

Sportingnews.com:

With Bengie Molina gone, the Angels will begin the season with zero catchers among the top 25 in our rankings. That doesn't mean you should turn a cold shoulder to Mathis. He's a career .333 hitter in the majors. OK, so he has only three big-league at-bats. But he'll get 300-something more this year, and his numbers last year at Triple-A (.276-21-73 in 112 games) show he's ready. (Rob Hurtt/TSN)

FoxSports:

Catcher — The departure of Bengie Molina means that younger brother Jose and prospect Jeff Mathis will be competing for the job. Mike Scioscia will probably favor the veteran hand in the early going, but Mathis' superior bat will eventually hold sway. Expect Mathis to be the regular by June.

So I wouldn't go drafting him now, and he won't be anything amazing, but he's a better option than people drafting Jose Molina.

As for Josh Willingham, he should start to begin the year but his defense may move him to another position. Regardless, he'll get his ABs...but be prepared for freshman slumps.

FoxSports:

This is Willingham's age-27 season already, so it's definitely time to see what he can do. The Marlins are planning on letting him compete for the starting job at catcher, though they may prefer to go with Miguel Olivo, who has quite a bit more potential defensively. Willingham's bat would likely play OK in left field, but he might be a problem defensively there, too, depending on how long it takes him to adjust. Either way, the Marlins need to get him at least 400 plate appearances. He might be their second-best hitter, depending on whether Hermida is truly ready or not. With excellent on-base skills and 20-homer power, he should have at least a few quality seasons in him.

RotoAuthority:

Josh Willingham will play both catcher and left field, which is great for his playing time total. The Marlins absolutely need him in the lineup as much as possible. My current projection for 397 ABs will be rising, and that could mean a good 22 HR. The only question is his batting average. I said .275, PECOTA .247, Bill James .279, and ZiPS .238. Where he falls within that huge range will affect his value greatly. Willingham hit .324 in 219 Triple A at-bats last year.

SportingNews:

Willingham is a hot hitting prospect who should play plenty for the talent-bare Marlins. In Triple-A last season, he hit .324 with 19 homers and 54 RBIs. His apparent lack of defensive skill could cost him playing time, but Florida might be willing to overlook that in order to inject life into its lineup.

He's a value buy for what you'd get from him...meaning you can safely avoid the catcher rush, maybe, and concentrate elsewhere. Either that or he'd make a good backup backstop.

Mostly AL because I know them better

C Pierzinski/ Varitek

IB D. Lee/ Poujols

2B ?/?

SS Jeter/ Bobby Crosby

3B A-Rod/ Glaus

RF Ishiro Sazuki/ ?

CF Rowan/ A, Jones

LF Ramirez/ Matsui

Starters/ Chacon/ Pettite/ R. Johnson/ Buehlre/ Washburn

Relievers/ Rivera/ Wagner/ Huston Street/ D. Turnbow/ C. Politte

Mostly AL because I know them better

C Pierzinski/ Varitek

IB D. Lee/ Poujols

2B ?/?

SS Jeter/ Bobby Crosby

3B A-Rod/ Glaus

RF Ishiro Sazuki/ ?

CF Rowan/ A, Jones

LF Ramirez/ Matsui

Starters/ Chacon/ Pettite/ R. Johnson/ Buehlre/ Washburn

Relievers/ Rivera/ Wagner/ Huston Street/ D. Turnbow/ C. Politte

I'm not sure if I really believe you...unless this was a three person league. Judging by your lack of track record, blatant misspellings of superstar names, and the fact that you have on average #1 A-rod, #2 Pujols, #4 Ramirez, #8 Lee, #17 Ichiro. Don't toy with me.

I'm not sure if I really believe you...unless this was a three person league. Judging by your lack of track record, blatant misspellings of superstar names, and the fact that you have on average #1 A-rod, #2 Pujols, #4 Ramirez, #8 Lee, #17 Ichiro. Don't toy with me.

What the hell are you talking about??? :)

What the hell are you talking about??? :)

Not sure if you were trying to make it real or just put out an All Star Team. Well, I think the top fantasy team possible would look something like this:

C-Victor Martinez

1B-Albert Pujols

2B-Chase Utley/Alfonso Soriano (VERY debatable)

SS-Michael Young/Miguel Tejada (Also VERY debatable)

3B-Alex Rodrigues

LF-Manny Ramirez

CF-Carlos Beltran/Andruw Jones (Moderately debatable)

RF-Vladimir Guerrero

DH-Mark Teixeira

Bench-Chone Figgins (Speed, versatility)

Bench-Miguel Cabrera (Average, power, versatility)

Bench-Manny Ramirez (Average, power, rbi)

SP-Johan Santana

SP-Pedro Martinez

RP-Mariano Rivera

RP-Brad Lidge

P-Jake Peavy

P-Chris Carpenter (Though I'm not a huge fan)

P-Roy Oswalt/Roy Halladay/Randy Johnson/Carlos Zambrano (Very tough)

I think that'd be the best team you could have...amazing BA, power, speed is a bit on the downside but Figgins should get plenty of playing time with days off and whatnot...and I think Beltran should win over Jones which is 30-40 SBs right there. The pitching has everything: ERA, WHIP, Ks, SVs, and though it may be weaker in wins, it will get those.

I'm staying away from Soriano in all of my drafts unless I see him on the board in the 15th round.

I have to agree. There are people I won't touch no matter how good they are because I don't like them. Alfonso Soriano is infuriating but still one of the best 2Bs in the game.

I'll never draft the following:

Alfonso Soriano - frustrating.

Any Yankee Player - I'd take Pujols with the first pick.

Adam Dunn - I believe in well rounded players and that batting average is killer.

Andruw Jones - Same as above, though the BA isn't as bad. he'll be overvalued this year.

Chris Carpenter - As amazing as last year was, I dunno, just don't like him.

Barry Bonds - I refuse to take him.

We all have people who we just don't touch unless it's a can't miss proposition.

I have to agree. There are people I won't touch no matter how good they are because I don't like them. Alfonso Soriano is infuriating but still one of the best 2Bs in the game.

Adam Dunn - I believe in well rounded players and that batting average is killer.

Andruw Jones - Same as above, though the BA isn't as bad. he'll be overvalued this year.

We all have people who we just don't touch unless it's a can't miss proposition.

I'll take a Yankee if I feel that it is a very nice pick for that spot in the draft. I had Matsui last year, none this year.

I have taken Jones in both leauges so far, so I hope he pans out for me. With Franceour and Edgar in front of him, I expect to put up great numbers again.

Soriano in that Nats ballpark results in bad fantasy numbers.

And Bonds I agree with.

what about clemens

And finally here's my team, and I'm staying in this thread. This is an 8 team (so the talent per team is slightly richer) 5x5 head to head league.

Position - Player - Pick # - ESPN Ranking (Top 200)

C - Josh Willingham - #196 - NR

1B - Albert Pujols - Keeper - NA

2B - Rickie Weeks - #116 - #119

SS - Jose Reyes - Keeper - NA

3B - David Wright - Keeper - NA

OF - Bobby Abreu - Keeper - NA

OF - Miguel Cabrera - Keeper - NA

OF - Carlos Beltran - #45 - #15

Util - Paul Konerko - #68 - #40

Bench - Bill Hall - #157 - NR

Bench - Justin Morneau - #180 - #168

Bench - Aubrey Huff - #125 - #85

Bench - Bengie Molina - #189 - NR

SP - Rich Harden - #52 - #64

SP - Curt Schilling - #84 - #108

RP - Huston Street - #77 - #68

RP - Mike Gonzalez - #173 - #197

P - Derrick Turnbow - #132 - #140

P - Mark Prior - #61 - #65

P - Brandon Webb - #93 - #112

Bench - Joe Blanton - #141 - #129

Bench - Scott Kazmir - #109 - #150

Bench - Francisco Liriano - #164 - NR

Bench - Matt Cain - #148 - #170

Bench - Dan Haren - #100 - #111

The keepers were amazing, having had a good team last year. My outfield is incredible, very Omar Minaya-ish, but strong. According to ESPN projections, the starting lineup alone should produce about 875 R, 234 HRs, 805 RBI, 119 SBs, and a .288 BA. I'm not sure what one should try and get for a lineup in each category for 8, 10, and 12 team leagues (gonna figure that out as a side project), but I think the team is well rounded. The pitching is a bit more questionable though. Right after I drafted Prior, we drafted while watching the WBC loss, there was a blurb scrolling across the bottom of the screen that said Prior may miss the beginning of the season. Shame. He'll still dazzle when he's around, or at least offer a K per inning and good ERA. Saves are weak but I have three guys who should at least give me a chance to win the category week by week. I'm going to make similar excel charts for my pitchers based on ESPN projections. I get obsessed. So, what do you think? No real major steals when comparing draft position to the board but I expect the guys not ranked in the top 200 to produce considerably.

Edited by LorfTVP

And finally here's my team, and I'm staying in this thread. This is an 8 team (so the talent per team is slightly richer) 5x5 head to head league.

Position - Player - Pick # - ESPN Ranking (Top 200)

C - Josh Willingham - #196 - NR

1B - Albert Pujols - Keeper - NA

2B - Rickie Weeks - #116 - #119

SS - Jose Reyes - Keeper - NA

3B - David Wright - Keeper - NA

OF - Bobby Abreu - Keeper - NA

OF - Miguel Cabrera - Keeper - NA

OF - Carlos Beltran - #45 - #15

Util - Paul Konerko - #68 - #40

Bench - Bill Hall - #157 - NR

Bench - Justin Morneau - #180 - #168

Bench - Aubrey Huff - #125 - #85

Bench - Bengie Molina - #189 - NR

SP - Rich Harden - #52 - #64

SP - Curt Schilling - #84 - #108

RP - Huston Street - #77 - #68

RP - Mike Gonzalez - #173 - #197

P - Derrick Turnbow - #132 - #140

P - Mark Prior - #61 - #65

P - Brandon Webb - #93 - #112

Bench - Joe Blanton - #141 - #129

Bench - Scott Kazmir - #109 - #150

Bench - Francisco Liriano - #164 - NR

Bench - Matt Cain - #148 - #170

Bench - Dan Haren - #100 - #111

The keepers were amazing, having had a good team last year. My outfield is incredible, very Omar Minaya-ish, but strong. According to ESPN projections, the starting lineup alone should produce about 875 R, 234 HRs, 805 RBI, 119 SBs, and a .288 BA. I'm not sure what one should try and get for a lineup in each category for 8, 10, and 12 team leagues (gonna figure that out as a side project), but I think the team is well rounded. The pitching is a bit more questionable though. Right after I drafted Prior, we drafted while watching the WBC loss, there was a blurb scrolling across the bottom of the screen that said Prior may miss the beginning of the season. Shame. He'll still dazzle when he's around, or at least offer a K per inning and good ERA. Saves are weak but I have three guys who should at least give me a chance to win the category week by week. I'm going to make similar excel charts for my pitchers based on ESPN projections. I get obsessed. So, what do you think? No real major steals when comparing draft position to the board but I expect the guys not ranked in the top 200 to produce considerably.

Sorry to keep you waiting, I actually had plans on a Friday night! Anyway, your team has an excellent combination of potential and proven experience. You also have good trade bait with guys like Molina and/or Willingham. Your hitting should be great for you combined with speed, power, and BA. So don't worry about that.

Your pitching though is questionable. I like some of the names on it such as Haren, who I believe will turn out fine for you and even Blanton but there are some questions on your staff. It could turn out really good for you or it could turn out mediocre, but that's a chance that I'd be willing to take also.

C Ivan Rodriguez

1b David Oritz

2b Chase Utley

SS Jose Reyes

3b Hank Blalock

OF Jeff Franceour

OF Carlos Beltran

OF Carl Crawford

Utility Ryan Howard

BN Troy Glaus

BN Willy Taveras

SP Rich Harden

SP Barry Zito

RP Huston Street

RP Tom Gordon

P Curt Schilling

P Noah Lowry

P Jon Garland

BN Livan Hernandez

BN Chris Young

BN Mike Timlin

Who would you rather have, Glaus or Blalock?