SportsWrath

Mondaynight Football Giants at Falcons game day thread.

Lughead

Shurmer panicked and made too many gambles.

In reality, he was 1-5. You cant criticize him for taking risks. The two point conversion shit was dumb. The two qb sneaks was dumb.

What lost the game was piss poor red zone playcalling and efficiency. That has been a hallmark of Elis career. Not giving the ball to Barkley on the one is ridiculous. Manning rolling out and missing a wide open Beckham on fourth down was back breaking.

the rules changed on the kicks, the high poochy kick is a better play now than it used to be. I don't fault them on the call on the onsides, just get a little more air under that and Beckham would have had a play on it.

They needed to get it in field goal range so I get the call.

In reality, he was 1-5. You cant criticize him for taking risks. The two point conversion shit was dumb. The two qb sneaks was dumb.

What lost the game was piss poor red zone playcalling and efficiency. That has been a hallmark of Elis career. Not giving the ball to Barkley on the one is ridiculous. Manning rolling out and missing a wide open Beckham on fourth down was back breaking.

I still dont understand why.

They kick the extra point, and lets say they get the stop and score again, they would of just went for two then anyways.

I doubt Shurmur was gonna play for the tie.

Agreed.... what I noticed early on was that the Falcons put a lot of focus on Barkley... and rightfully so... what bothered me is that the Giants didnt take advantage of that by faking it more to Barkley weather its playaction or otherwise.