SportsWrath

Sooo Eli to the Jags?

BlueInCanada

I bet you have an aunt who knew the cousin of some girl who cut Farrah Fawcetts hair!

I do!

In all seriousness, I get what youre saying. However, Fitzpatrick has never played as poorly as Manning is playing right now. And hes still been benched for his close to this bad performances. At what point does Mannings pedigree stop preventing him from being benched?

I do!

In all seriousness, I get what youre saying. However, Fitzpatrick has never played as poorly as Manning is playing right now. And hes still been benched for his close to this bad performances. At what point does Mannings pedigree stop preventing him from being benched?

Prdigree? I stated before what Manning has meant to the Giants organization and Giants fans...

Fitz def has. He plays really well up until he gets a huge deal.

His play in the last week in 2015 was the sole reason Jets missed the playoffs. Dude threw like 5 interceptions and gagged away the game for them.

Playing Fitz wouldn’t do anything and it won’t ignite a fan base. Half of our fan base thinks it’s all Eli who’s to blame. Of course he shoulders some of the blame but it’s not all his fault. The last INT yesterday was a huge “fuck it” throw and that was after Solder got beat twice on consecutive plays.

We haven’t been able to block a simple stunt since 2015. Who’s fault is this?!?

Play Lauletta. See what he has. Play Eli a few snaps in week 17 and hope he retired and doesn’t wear another jersey. Retire 10 in 2019.

Its not 2011 anymore. Eli doesnt have the magic anymore, sadly

Im not disagreeing. I think Eli himself knows he doesnt have it anymore. My point was that the man earned his stripes and deserves a dignified exit on his terms. Fuck Im surprised hes still playing behind that offensive line.

Eh, hes earned it but doesnt deserve it, sadly

You cant run a team on decisions from the heart

Right now as a fan with a ton of appreciation for what Manning has been to us since we drafted him... not just the wins or losses or the trophies or the fact that hes never missed a game but also the way hes carried himself as one of if not the classiest of players, I dont want to see him benched because Reese failed to shore up the Oline....

https://es.pn/2zhhdwq

And if Gettleman allows Shurmur to play Alex Tanney, then John Mara needs to step in and fire both of them.

Mara basically inherited our last two Super Bowl victories. Since then, he fired Coughlin and kept Jerry Reese and Mc Adoo, and followed that up by hiring Gettleman and Shurmur. It's too early to make judgements about the latter but I'd say their results are mixed so far if I'm being generous.

In the meantime, he flubbed the hand off from Eli to Webb last year and ended up looking like a total ass, every offseason he makes an "uncharacteristic speech criticizing the team" and has somehow managed to turn the most coveted ticket in all of sports into a 1/3 empty stadium each weekend.

I think there's a good case for John Mara to be fired.

Mara basically inherited our last two Super Bowl victories. Since then, he's fired Coughlin and then kept Jerry Reese and Mc Adoo, and followed that up by hiring Gettleman and Shurmur. It's too early to make judgements about the latter but I'd say their results are mixed if I'm being generous.

In the meantime, he flubbed the hand off from Eli to Webb last year and ended up looking like a total ass, every offseason he makes an "uncharacteristic speech criticizing the team" and has somehow managed to turn the most coveted ticket in all of sports into a 1/3 empty stadium each weekend.

I think there's a good case for John Mara to be fired.

Hes total garbage. I wonder if him, James Dolan and the Wilpons hang out together

You cant continue to play him, that would be assaine.

You have weird football takes

A lot of Giants fans do. I guess it comes from years of having mediocre QBs...any other team but the Giants and probably any other QB other than Manning would be criticized for the sheer indeciveness and lack of direction.

I am interested to see how San Diego handles Rivers and Pittsburgh handles Big Ben. I honestly think both players will take the decision out of their teams hands. Maybe Manning will, too. But its too late. Way too late.

Heres a weird take- last year was the best QB draft in a long time. Giants fortuitously picked 2nd and chose a RB.

Thats not weird. Gettleman said if you have to make yourself fall in love with a pick, youll never love the pick.

I dont have an issue with Barkley being the pick at 2. Hes a fucking stud. He might be the best offensive weapon the Giants have ever had.

Regardless, I would have taken Darnold but I get where he is coming from.

I also never bought into the idea that this was a win now team. Giants didnt resign Pugh or Richburg and they traded JPP, cut DRC and a bunch of other players.

This team was rotten to the core. Was dumb to roll with Eli? Probably, but imagine Darnold behind this line? Yikes. He can barely hold on with the Jets right now

Thats not weird. Gettleman said if you have to make yourself fall in love with a pick, youll never love the pick.

I dont have an issue with Barkley being the pick at 2. Hes a fucking stud. He might be the best offensive weapon the Giants have ever had.

Regardless, I would have taken Darnold but I get where he is coming from.

I also never bought into the idea that this was a win now team. Giants didnt resign Pugh or Richburg and they traded JPP, cut DRC and a bunch of other players.

This team was rotten to the core. Was dumb to roll with Eli? Probably, but imagine Darnold behind this line? Yikes. He can barely hold on with the Jets right now

If the Giants had drafted Darnold, hed be the bench right now.... The thought process of the front office was simple in hindsight.... Barkley was the best player in the draft... a rookie qb wouldnt provide immediate help while a RB would.... They thought Eli can still play and proceeded to surround him with better players... that part aside from Barkley and Hernandez backfired.

There’s not enough value in a RB at #2- you guys know that from fantasy. it’s a mistake this franchise will pay dearly for. If they didn’t want Darnold, they take the treasutrove of picks that the jets gave the colts and start fixing the OL.

Theres not enough value in a RB at #2- you guys know that from fantasy. its a mistake this franchise will pay dearly for. If they didnt want Darnold, they take the treasutrove of picks that the jets gave the colts and start fixing the OL.

Maybe from Madden, man, but from fantasy, I would always pick an RB at #2...

The idea is that a rb will be done in 8 years when a qb will be in his prime. For a team 15 months removed from 11-5, that still believed in their qb, that had a lot of money invested in defensive players in their prime, and thinks they just got snakebit by injuries and a bad coach losing the locker room, I can see where adding a missing piece type player like Barkley is an appealing option. Even if they were right about all those things, the plan was horrible. Even if Eli still had it the line was going to take us to 8 wins at best.

Yeah. And how did no one notice the line fucking sucked? How does a QB guy like Shurmur not know that Manning was done heading into the season?

because he's amazing in practice

...when he can't get hit

That's been a comment in the past when free agents join the team, I think it was Barwin this season that commented that he was surprised just how good Eli was in practice (at that point, it was early in training camp).

The idea is that a rb will be done in 8 years when a qb will be in his prime. For a team 15 months removed from 11-5, that still believed in their qb, that had a lot of money invested in defensive players in their prime, and thinks they just got snakebit by injuries and a bad coach losing the locker room, I can see where adding a missing piece type player like Barkley is an appealing option. Even if they were right about all those things, the plan was horrible. Even if Eli still had it the line was going to take us to 8 wins at best.

If they really thought that, they're incompetent. I think it is more that they thought Barkley gets the fans excited- and maybe with all the skill players on offense, we didn't need a line. I love Barkley, but he may be done by the time we're contenders again- especially if this front office is as awful as they are showing to be.