SportsWrath

Sooo Eli to the Jags?

BlueInCanada

You seem to forget what Eli has meant to the franchise and the fans since he was drafted.... were not going to shit on the guy because age has finally caught up with him and his line sucks donkey balls.... the man has earned his stripes and deserves a respectable send-off.

Im not shitting on him but you cant have it both ways. Hes terrible, everything he does right now taints his career. How does he, himself, not recognize this?

Why is the debate about Manning? You seem to have a fascination with people thinking they still want Manning lol

They do! Thats the sole reason the team backtracked on actually moving on from him, dude!

Im not shitting on him but you cant have it both ways. Hes terrible, everything he does right now taints his career. How does he, himself, not recognize this?

I don't agree with the extreme to which you're going, but when a great player loses it, they're often the last one to recognize it.

Winston is garbage. He's one of the handful of starting NFL QBs - now FORMER starting NFL QBs, Winston got benched yesterday - that are clearly not even as good as Manning.

Manning had a 70 something rating. Thats benchable. Theyre operating under this idea that Manning somehow gives them the best chance to win while they lose the games anyway. Free Ws for any opposing team.

I cant get inside the mans head... I think he sees the writing on the wall and will probably retire after this season.... hes a proud man who probably wanted to leave the game on a high note....

I think taking Rocky Thompson instead of Jack Tatum, Jack Youngblood, Jack Ham or Dan Dierdorf......might have generated a few threads and at least two suicides.

C.W agon

at least 4 years of therapy for psarchik. (I had 2 myself)

at least 4 years of therapy for psarchik. (I had 2 myself)

Here is my horror story on that....back then we only got regional coverage..for the NFC on CBS that meant a weekly feeding of the Bears, Vikings and Lions if the Cowboys didnt have a big game....cause...."Merica's Team".

So.....other then an occasional MNF game...unless the G men are playing one of those teams.....all we ever got was "Bounce Coverage" of the late game ..prior to 60 minutes starting....or if there was no second NFC game that weekend and that game finished early.

....like it was that fine day..

So....Viking game ends My old man yells they are going to the Giants...we call come in from fucking around playing ball outside... ....Cricky is saying the game is over...and....FUCK ME IN THE ASS!

C. Wagon

Here is my horror story on that....back then we only got regional coverage..for the NFC on CBS that meant a weekly feeding of the Bears, Vikings and Lions if the Cowboys didnt have a big game....cause...."Merica's Team".

So.....other then an occasional MNF game...unless the G men are playing one of those teams.....all we ever got was "Bounce Coverage" of the late game ..prior to 60 minutes starting....or if there was no second NFC game that weekend and that game finished early.

....like it was that fine day..

So....Viking game ends My old man yells they are going to the Giants...we call come in from fucking around playing ball outside... ....Cricky is saying the game is over...and....FUCK ME IN THE ASS!

C. Wagon

that’s rough- I know what you’re talking about-, though. My worst menory was a game with the Bears at the Yale Bowles, a home game where they were both fighting for no 1 draft pick. Did i mention the freezing rain? Giants won 6-3 in overtime Csonk went for a hundy though !

Manning had a 70 something rating. Thats benchable. Theyre operating under this idea that Manning somehow gives them the best chance to win while they lose the games anyway. Free Ws for any opposing team.

sure, that's benchable…. if there's somebody else to put in there.

Hell, I had no problem benching Eli last season..... EXCEPT that there wasn't anybody to put in instead (shut it about Webb, Nas! LOL)… I'm still flabbergasted over that. Gino Smith. WTF were they thinking.

We've seen Tanney play, and I really don't think there is the slightest chance he's better than Manning, and I think there's even less chance that he may ever be good enough to be the guy, so fuck it. Dance with who brought you.

Its starting to sound like theres a good chance Lauletta is in after the bye. And fans will cry about it. Hopefully they dont allow the fans to set them back another year by circling back to Manning.

Its starting to sound like theres a good chance Lauletta is in after the bye. And fans will cry about it. Hopefully they dont allow the fans to set them back another year by circling back to Manning.

well at least Lauletta would make sense. Tanney is not worth the time and effort.

well at least Lauletta would make sense. Tanney is not worth the time and effort.

Kind of like geno which is a big part of the outrage behind the benching last season. I wouldve been cool with Webb and Im cool with lauletta now. In fact I really hope they do it because I want something to be excited about for these games

Fitzpatrick or Winston?

Both of them are basically Eli Manning. Fitzpatrick has 4 great games a year, has franchises waiting to back up the brinks for him (Buffalo, Jets say SUP) and then he goes out and sucks ass.

Neither of those guys would be upgrades, theyre essentially the same QB at this stage. Winston you might entertain because hes still young and a coach who thinks hes egotistical enough to think he can fix him up.

Right now, are you that confident in Shurmur and Mike Shula to do that? I dont know. We ran the ball 14 times yesterday and the game was within 7 points for 90 percent of the game. Threw the ball 54 times.

Eli Manning is done, Fitzpatrick isnt the answer and Winston doesnt seem to learn from his mistakes. Plus, hes a headcase.

See what you have in Lauletta, roll with him the last 6-7 games at starter. It looks like Ben McAdoo was right and that Eli Manning was done. However, he was a shitty coach with a shitty offense system. Just because you can identify a problem, doesnt mean you know how to fix it.

I maintain he wasnt fired for benching Eli Manning. He was fired because he benched Eli for Geno fucking Smith. We all knew who Geno was, saw him play for two seasons with the Jets. There wasnt anything to be gained by playing him. Nas boy Webb should have started.

sure, that's benchable. if there's somebody else to put in there.

Hell, I had no problem benching Eli last season..... EXCEPT that there wasn't anybody to put in instead (shut it about Webb, Nas! LOL) I'm still flabbergasted over that. Gino Smith. WTF were they thinking.

We've seen Tanney play, and I really don't think there is the slightest chance he's better than Manning, and I think there's even less chance that he may ever be good enough to be the guy, so fuck it. Dance with who brought you.

Fuck you (I say that with love of course) but Webb is better and more exciting than any QB the Giants have had since the 2011 super bowl.

Fitzpatrick or Winston?

Both of them are basically Eli Manning. Fitzpatrick has 4 great games a year, has franchises waiting to back up the brinks for him (Buffalo, Jets say SUP) and then he goes out and sucks ass.

Neither of those guys would be upgrades, theyre essentially the same QB at this stage. Winston you might entertain because hes still young and a coach who thinks hes egotistical enough to think he can fix him up.

Right now, are you that confident in Shurmur and Mike Shula to do that? I dont know. We ran the ball 14 times yesterday and the game was within 7 points for 90 percent of the game. Threw the ball 54 times.

Eli Manning is done, Fitzpatrick isnt the answer and Winston doesnt seem to learn from his mistakes. Plus, hes a headcase.

See what you have in Lauletta, roll with him the last 6-7 games at starter. It looks like Ben McAdoo was right and that Eli Manning was done. However, he was a shitty coach with a shitty offense system. Just because you can identify a problem, doesnt mean you know how to fix it.

I maintain he wasnt fired for benching Eli Manning. He was fired because he benched Eli for Geno fucking Smith. We all knew who Geno was, saw him play for two seasons with the Jets. There wasnt anything to be gained by playing him. Nas boy Webb should have started.

Boom!!! Youre the man Golfy.