SportsWrath

Soooo who's gone?

BlueInCanada

OBJ/Manning/Barkley and Jenkins make up something like 150 million dollars in cap next two years.

Who's the cap casualty?

Collins? He's gonna require a big contract to get him back.

Engram will be coming up to the end of his rookie contract and if he becomes the TE he will under Shurmur he's gonna be looking at an OBJ contract?

Tomlinson was one of the top ranked DTs last year and is looking like nothing is stopping him from going up, he's gonna be getting a big pay day at some point.

Shepard just watched his best buddy make 65 million, if he keeps improving you're looking at throwing a decent contract his way as well.

Someone is going to get more $$$ from another team.

OBJ/Manning/Barkley and Jenkins make up something like 150 million dollars in cap next two years.

Who's the cap casualty?

Collins? He's gonna require a big contract to get him back.

Engram will be coming up to the end of his rookie contract and if he becomes the TE he will under Shurmur he's gonna be looking at an OBJ contract?

Tomlinson was one of the top ranked DTs last year and is looking like nothing is stopping him from going up, he's gonna be getting a big pay day at some point.

Shepard just watched his best buddy make 65 million, if he keeps improving you're looking at throwing a decent contract his way as well.

Someone is going to get more $$$ from another team.

Well cross those bridges when we get to them.

Well cross those bridges when we get to them.

It's the final week of the preseason.

OBJ got his contract, Engram is fine, Barkley is fine and Vernon is sitting out till week 1.

What else is there to talk about? Lol

Other than the insane amount if love the Cowboys are getting this year.

Isn't the cap raised for next season?

I think it goes up every year although not significantly... Managing the cap is one of the FO primary functions and if we can not afford someone, so be it... players get injured, cut, traded, retire etc... there's a whole hose of these events every year for every team... so why stress it now when we can focus on the season.

They'll be fine. They'll have a QB on a rookie deal, still have two years to worry about Shepard, still have four years to worry about Engram, three years to worry about Tomlinson. They have a potential out with Vernon next year that will save them $11.5 mill Carter on a rookie deal takes that spot

When I see Carter, I see Kiwanuka. Loads of talent, but no killer instinct.

He may be a nice player one day though. He could make it on talent alone.

I dont know about... but I agree in the sense I see he does hesitates. That could be because hes a rookie and is nervous. But I dont know.

But let not forget Kiwanuka was moved a lot throughout his career. Never really settled...

I dont know about... but I agree in the sense I see he does hesitates. That could be because hes a rookie and is nervous. But I dont know.

But let not forget Kiwanuka was moved a lot throughout his career. Never really settled...

They keep saying Carter is still learning, talking about him as if he's new to the sport. But he was a top recruit coming out of high school. His instincts are what they are.

I'm not complaining about the pick, I think he'll be pretty decent. I just don't think he'll suddenly 'get it' and become a killer out there.

What Kiwanuka went through most of his NFL career is what Carter went through all of college. Some years Carter was asked to go after the QB, other years he was in coverage. Now I believe has made Carter a much more versatile NFL LB. It would be a good thing to unleash Carter as a pass rusher but it would better to finally have ONE LB who can cover.