SportsWrath

JPP traded to bucs

fringe

Well they also got a 4th in return.

Plus this logic doesnt make sense because they would throw a third round pick at the guy they would also throw a second round pick at him because?

He's just that good?

JPP was dead in the water, we should just be lucky they were able to trade for him instead of him being cut or sitting on the bench most of the year.

I would have made this trade work with the intention of getting that 2nd rounder. He isnt the player he was but motivated he can still be disruptive so the bucs are getting some value here. I would throw in next years third if it got us their 2nd. Giants need to be getting as many guys in the top 50 as possible and recent history shows we have gotten way more value in 1 and 2 then we have in the rest of the draft by far. Getting good 2nd rounders is key.

Anyway, hes gone. Never felt the same after the video of him humiliating prince and being a dick with the fireworks. He should have been a top ten player in the league for years.

I get wanting out of this contract, but it does leave a big hole.

Anyone think this effects the first pick?

Not necessarily we have Okwara & Wynn. Hope the idea isn't to fill it with Chubb.

I seriously doubt Chubb is their guy. And dont worry the 15 mil dead cap is for this year. Were between 1-2 mil over the cap right now with cuts still to come

This is why I doubt we will draft QB in the first. I doubt we ever have the cap space to do so

You sure that dead $$ is this year? Coulda sworn Bruce Murray and James Lofton, on Sirius, said the Giants actually save $2M this year but get hit with $15M dead money next year.

You sure that dead $$ is this year? Coulda sworn Bruce Murray and James Lofton, on Sirius, said the Giants actually save $2M this year but get hit with $15M dead money next year.

The giants gave him a 20 mil bonus that was spread out over 4 years at 5 mil per. They paid five last year and there was 15 mil remaining over the next 3 years.

For this season his salary was 11.25, roster bonus 1 mil, and workout bonus 250k. Those items plus the 5 mil bonus for this year and his cap hit was 17.5 million had he stayed on the team. Now that hes traded, the total 15 mil remaining is accelerated into one year. So 17.5-15=2.5 mil savings on our 2018 cap. We save a tiny bit this year and a shitload the next two years (19.5 in 2019 and 17.5 in 2020) and pick up the 3rd rounder. Clears up future money for Beckham and (hopefully) Collins and gets us some immediate draft capital and very much needed cap savings

The giants gave him a 20 mil bonus that was spread out over 4 years at 5 mil per. They paid five last year and there was 15 mil remaining over the next 3 years.

For this season his salary was 11.25, roster bonus 1 mil, and workout bonus 250k. Those items plus the 5 mil bonus for this year and his cap hit was 17.5 million had he stayed on the team. Now that hes traded, the total 15 mil remaining is accelerated into one year. So 17.5-15=2.5 mil savings on our 2018 cap. We save a tiny bit this year and a shitload the next two years (19.5 in 2019 and 17.5 in 2020) and pick up the 3rd rounder. Clears up future money for Beckham and (hopefully) Collins and gets us some immediate draft capital and very much needed cap savings

Perfect explanation Herc , thank you