SportsWrath

Giants Mock

Bigblue25

That thrid round defensive guy looks like a beast. As I've admitted multiple times, I don't know anything about college sports...but the teams he highlights against didn't seem very good.

But his determination and hard hitting can't be taught.

That thrid round defensive guy looks like a beast. As I've admitted multiple times, I don't know anything about college sports...but the teams he highlights against didn't seem very good.

But his determination and hard hitting can't be taught.

I like his motor. I doubt he will last until the 3rd round

• 3 weeks later...

Read on giantswire that there may be a framework agreed upon for a trade down to the Bills at #12, but that it wouldn't happen until the last minute because the Giants want to see what other offers may come in and likely, who goes at #1.

I'm assuming the trade gets done with the Bills. Roughly looking at the trade value chart, the closest I can guess that we'd get in return for #2 would be the Bills #12, #22, #53 and their #1 next year. That'd be 3 first rounders between this year and next, a steep price...but in order to make the value work...that's what they're looking at.

So, if that goes down, I'd try to do this:

12: Quinton Nelson, G, Notre Dame or Mike McGlinchey, T, Notre Dame

22. Roquan Smith, LB, Georgia or Will Hernandez, G, UTEP

34: Isaiah Oliver, CB, Colorado or Ronald Jones, RB, USC

53: Orlando Brown, OT, Oklahoma or Carlton Davis, CB, Auburn

66: Royce Freeman, RB, Oregon or Ogbonnia Okoronkwo, LB, Oklahoma

69: Simmie Cobbs Jr, WR, Indiana or DJ Clark, WR, LSU

The extra first rounder next year will be important trade bait to move up for a QB in 2019 should we find that Webb is not going to be the heir apparent.

Read on giantswire that there may be a framework agreed upon for a trade down to the Bills at #12, but that it wouldn't happen until the last minute because the Giants want to see what other offers may come in and likely, who goes at #1.

I'm assuming the trade gets done with the Bills. Roughly looking at the trade value chart, the closest I can guess that we'd get in return for #2 would be the Bills #12, #22, #53 and their #1 next year. That'd be 3 first rounders between this year and next, a steep price...but in order to make the value work...that's what they're looking at.

The extra first rounder next year will be important trade bait to move up for a QB in 2019 should we find that Webb is not going to be the heir apparent.

I will try to come up with a mock using this scenario.... I doubt Nelson lasts until 12 though.

I will try to come up with a mock using this scenario.... I doubt Nelson lasts until 12 though.

If teams are trading up for QBs...and the importance given to the tackle position over guard...it's possble he lasts, but I doubt it too...which is why I threw McGlinchey in as a backup pick

If we don't come away from this draft with Barkley or Nelson, we'll regret it for years to come......just as we will if we DO come away with one of these over hyped, flawed QBs.

I am not saying he doesn't care about losing, but I also don't want to take things lying down. The Eagles partied in Giants stadium last year I want someone rubbed the wrong way by that

We already have someone on the team like that and half the board thinks we should trade him. You can have a few players with that kind of attitude on your team, especially WRs but look at the Geoff Georges, Phillip Rivers' and Jay Cutlers of the league haven't had much success. Tom Brady of course being the one notable exception.

I can't see a trade with the Bills, simply because they wont give up that much firepower.

If anything we would be hoping for a team trying to trade inside the top 10, up a few spots.

Don't know...they seem pretty desperate for a franchise QB and at 12...I don't know that one falls, unless they're content with one of the second tier QBs.

Don't know...they seem pretty desperate for a franchise QB and at 12...I don't know that one falls, unless they're content with one of the second tier QBs.

I don't feel any of these QBs in the draft are above second tier.

I think the Bills are in the same boat.

There's no way Smith and Nelson will be available at those spots.

Darnold's ceiling, I think, is likely that of a Matt Ryan type player. Not spectacular but a capable, quality starting QB in the league.

Nooo, more like a Brett Favre type.... Great arm, mobility, improvisation... But with mind numbing mistakes potentially

My Giants Mock:

1 - RB Saquon Barkley (I am assuming Darnold is taken by the browns #1 overall).

2 - C/G Frank Ragnow, Arkansas (ideally can play RG from day one, and offers backup insurance at C)

3 - SS/OLB Kyhzir White, West Virginia (can be used as a sub package/nickel/dime backer in the new defensive scheme, similar to Deone Buchanan, and/or eventually converted to a linebacker like Thomas Davis)

3 (2nd pick in this round) - CB Parry Nicholson, Tulane

4 - WR Cedric Wilson, Boise St

5 - DE John Franklin-Myers, Stephen F Austin

Right. I was about to say also like Eli Manning. Potentially inconsistent like Eli with but also with the potential to go on an epic run.

I can see that. Not really the Ryan comparison, although if you just mean being a roughly equal player, that may be about right.

And I don't see the big windup that everybody else seems to out of Darnold.... its there sometimes, when he has plenty of time to throw, but others, if he's rushed, its raise arm, flick wrist, and watch the ball fly like it's got a rocket on it.... it's.... weird....but awesome.

Darnold somehow looks like a football player. I know Darnold and Eli have a similar height/weight profile, but Darnold just looks built to take a hit and shrug it off.

I can see that. Not really the Ryan comparison, although if you just mean being a roughly equal player, that may be about right.

And I don't see the big windup that everybody else seems to out of Darnold.... its there sometimes, when he has plenty of time to throw, but others, if he's rushed, its raise arm, flick wrist, and watch the ball fly like it's got a rocket on it.... it's.... weird....but awesome.

Darnold somehow looks like a football player. I know Darnold and Eli have a similar height/weight profile, but Darnold just looks built to take a hit and shrug it off.

Yet it's been Eli who's been shrugging hits for well over a decade.

Yet it's been Eli who's been shrugging hits for well over a decade.

I will never forget the hits Eli took in the NFC championship game against the 49ers back in 2011. I believe he was sacked 6 times in that game, and hit at least twice that many times.

I will never forget the hits Eli took in the NFC championship game against the 49ers back in 2011. I believe he was sacked 6 times in that game, and hit at least twice that many times.

and some of those were brutal hits too....and he made some throws while getting slammed that couldn't have been more perfect.

I think that was the finest performance by an NFL quarterback that I've ever seen.