SportsWrath

Giants acquired ILB Alec Ogletree from the Rams in exchange for two draft picks. Mar 7 - 4:01 PM Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter

Gman329

one of the smartest players in the league.... for example, watch him pick apart a zone defense, he always sets up at the exact mid point between zones. He has an amazing field sense.

That's one thing that's been lacking in the Eli era.... before Beckham, the last receiver the Giants had with true field sense was Toomer (and it took him years and years to develop it). Shockey, Burress, the plethora of scrubs who have come and gone.... I continually watch these guys run routes and wonder what the fuck they're looking at out there.

I don't want to watch him do anything, thank you very much. Beckham, if he sticks with it,may be the best I've ever seen at that.

Also, it takes an accurate QB to thread that needle- something that's also been missing in the Eli era.

one of the smartest players in the league.... for example, watch him pick apart a zone defense, he always sets up at the exact mid point between zones. He has an amazing field sense.

That's one thing that's been lacking in the Eli era.... before Beckham, the last receiver the Giants had with true field sense was Toomer (and it took him years and years to develop it). Shockey, Burress, the plethora of scrubs who have come and gone.... I continually watch these guys run routes and wonder what the fuck they're looking at out there.

Nicks was a great route runner

I don't want to watch him do anything, thank you very much. Beckham, if he sticks with it,may be the best I've ever seen at that.

Also, it takes an accurate QB to thread that needle- something that's also been missing in the Eli era.

hah, yeah.... but he's just so good.

I think Eli is more accurate than he gets credit for (and he gets no credit for being accurate at all, so its a low bar to get over). pro QBs throw to a spot, not to a person, and more often than not over the years its seemed to me that the ball is put in a better spot than the receiver. And I know that its on the receiver because that kind of thing didn't happen frequently when throwing to a guy like Toomer, or Steve Smith, or - thanks Herc, you're right - Nicks. And now Beckham too (who seems to have a sixth sense about the players around him).

hah, yeah.... but he's just so good.

I think Eli is more accurate than he gets credit for (and he gets no credit for being accurate at all, so its a low bar to get over). pro QBs throw to a spot, not to a person, and more often than not over the years its seemed to me that the ball is put in a better spot than the receiver. And I know that its on the receiver because that kind of thing didn't happen frequently when throwing to a guy like Toomer, or Steve Smith, or - thanks Herc, you're right - Nicks. And now Beckham too (who seems to have a sixth sense about the players around him).

I've watched Eli since Old Miss, his accuracy has always been suspect. The ball sails on him and he has zero touch on the dinks and dunks and screens. This is why I was often clamoring to get a tall receiver for the guy. You need that extra 6 inches with him (that's what she said).

I've watched Eli since Old Miss, his accuracy has always been suspect. The ball sails on him and he has zero touch on the dinks and dunks and screens. This is why I was often clamoring to get a tall receiver for the guy. You need that extra 6 inches with him (that's what she said).

There are times when Eli is just money... when he slings it in a Favre-esque kindda way, he's unstoppable.

Yeah, his touch passes are terrible.