SportsWrath

Andrew Norwell

Nas

My thought is that we wont be able to compete with other teams with way more cap room for him, but Id be ecstatic if we got him

Yeah that's the problem with this years FA class, just awful in terms of Oline talent, but the players out there are going to get paid because they are the only ones out there.

A guy like Solder, who is just a middle of the road tackle, is going to be paid like a top 5 player because of it.

They've been writing that story since January. So my take on it since January has been this:

We are not one offensive guard away from a solid offensive line. Signing Andrew Norwell still leaves other holes across the line. Going with that free agency list, I think we can compete with the likes of Jacksonville and Oakland for the services of Solder & Sifton. Solder & Sifton would be a great veteran presence on the left side of the offensive line. Move Flowers to the right and see if we can still bring back Fluker at RG and move Flowers to RT.

Giants can go into the draft with more flexibility instead of the pressure to draft out of need on the offensive line.

Part of me says it'll happen... but then the other part looks at Gettleman guys on the line. Seubert, Diehl, O'Hara, Norwell, the other guy from Carolina... hell, Kevin Boothe. He can find talent on the OL from unheralded places.

Norwell would be nice for sure but I'm not sure we're going after him as hard as some other teams,or that we have to.

Dumb article.

You're not helping :rules:

My thought is that we wont be able to compete with other teams with way more cap room for him, but Id be ecstatic if we got him

Cap room can always be made available... nothing is ever set in stone.... that's what cuts and restructuring are for.

Hopefully.

That's the spirit.

They've been writing that story since January. So my take on it since January has been this:

We are not one offensive guard away from a solid offensive line. Signing Andrew Norwell still leaves other holes across the line. Going with that free agency list, I think we can compete with the likes of Jacksonville and Oakland for the services of Solder & Sifton. Solder & Sifton would be a great veteran presence on the left side of the offensive line. Move Flowers to the right and see if we can still bring back Fluker at RG and move Flowers to RT.

Giants can go into the draft with more flexibility instead of the pressure to draft out of need on the offensive line.

Correct. This address one of those pieces to the puzzle. Besides, I think the center who replaced Richburg, Pugh, and Fluker are decent enough to make this work... so we're maybe one more piece away from decent should we sign this guy.

Let Pugh walk. Sign Norwell and draft Nelson with our first round pick (slight trade down?). Then grab a Tackle - or two- with later picks.

Shouldn't we at least attempt to resign him to a reasonable deal in which both sides can feel comfortable with?

The offensive line, I don't believe, is a one offseason fix. If Norwell can be signed and Pugh retained, then I think that's a great first step. Pugh should not have the vault opened for him, but an attempt should certainly be made given his Diehl-like ability to play G and T at an acceptable level.

Throw in a couple draft picks and I think this is probably the best we can do this offseason.

Cap room can always be made available... nothing is ever set in stone.... that's what cuts and restructuring are for.

Hes the number 1 free agent I want and I really hope it happens. all Im saying is that itll be tough to pull off. Restructuring deals and cutting pay isnt going to help us compete with teams that have 70-80 mil more in cap space. Hes looking at a deal that will probably exceed zeitlers last offseason

Shouldn't we at least attempt to resign him to a reasonable deal in which both sides can feel comfortable with?

I just don't think Pugh is going to settle for "reasonable" money and really, why should he? Someone is going to give him 4 or 5 X $11M or thereabouts. I'd rather give Norwell, a year younger, healthier history and just a bigger, better player, 5 X $13M a year.

Then I'd draft Nelson and be set at the OG spots for the foreseeable future.

I have hard time believing we can re-sign Justin Pugh for about $8 million a season ($10 million more likely) and how much of that season will he play? Justin Pugh has not been a 16 game starter in the NFL and we don't have the luxury of re-signing a 10 game starter with our depth and salary cap.

Yeah i think Pugh is going to end up being an overpay to whoever signs him. I think richberg and fluker might be the more reasonable targets

Would be something if Richburg leaves in FA then the Giants don't re-sign Brett Jones and we're back looking for a center again next year.

Would be something if Richburg leaves in FA then the Giants don't re-sign Brett Jones and we're back looking for a center again next year.

Jones is a restricted free agent. He will be back even if we did re-sign Richburg.

Jones is a restricted free agent. He will be back even if we did re-sign Richburg.

I'm talking about next year when he will be a free agent and if the Giants don't re-sign Jones next year then the Giants would be looking for another center next year.

Let Pugh walk. Sign Norwell and draft Nelson with our first round pick (slight trade down?). Then grab a Tackle - or two- with later picks.

Thats what Im talking about... Im thinking the same thing. Signing Norwell and drafting Nelson would ideal for me. I want some mean ass MF at our line. OLinemen who will punch you in the mouth.