SportsWrath

QB prospect comparison

Nas

Darnold and Rosen arent exactly cant miss type prospects in the mood of the 04 Class.

Agreed and why stash a QB for another year after just stashing a QB. This team is no better with or without Eli, also fans are going to call for the rookie soon as Eli has a three pick (which is inevitable)

My first NFL memory as a 9 year old living in England was when my Canadian uncle ( a Giants fan ) told me we had chosen a QB named Phil Simms with pick#7 in the 1979 Draft.........that's when i took an interest in " American Football " which we could only hear on AFRTS Sports radio at the time.

( My uncle now 75 years old still regrets that we didn't choose Montana who went at #82 in the same draft. )

Mind you Cincinnati picked Jack Thompson ( the "Throwin' Samoan" with pick #3 ) - does anyone remember him ?

Just goes to show that it has always been a crapshoot when it comes to Quarterbacks anyway

My first NFL memory as a 9 year old living in England was when my Canadian uncle ( a Giants fan ) told me we had chosen a QB named Phil Simms with pick#7 in the 1979 Draft.........that's when i took an interest in " American Football " which we could only hear on AFRTS Sports radio at the time.

( My uncle now 75 years old still regrets that we didn't choose Montana who went at #82 in the same draft. )

Mind you Cincinnati picked Jack Thompson ( the "Throwin' Samoan" with pick #3 ) - does anyone remember him ?

Just goes to show that it has always been a crapshoot when it comes to Quarterbacks anyway

Funny, I remember that draft vividly. I wanted the Throwin' Samoan, Jack Thompson and was disappointed when the Bengals grabbed him. When Rozelle said "Phil Simms, Quaterback, Moorehead State", I had never heard of him! Talk about a letdown! So even way back then, I knew little to nothing about college players and the draft.

As far as Webb and Rosen being on equal footing...factoring in the anomaly of Brady being the best ever ava drafted in the sixth round and all rarities like him...Webb was valued by scouts, coaches, etc and drafted in the third round. Rosen will absolutely go in the top five and is considered the best qb in the draft by most experts. There isn't a coach or gm in the league that would rather have Webb than Rosen based on career expectations.

If the incoming coach believes Webb is a franchise qb, I'll accept that, but if we pass on Rosen in the hopes of finding a qb next year I would be really disappointed.

Funny, I remember that draft vividly. I wanted the Throwin' Samoan, Jack Thompson and was disappointed when the Bengals grabbed him. When Rozelle said "Phil Simms, Quaterback, Moorehead State", I had never heard of him! Talk about a letdown! So even way back then, I knew little to nothing about college players and the draft.

Bill Walsh wanted Simms though. They didn't have a first round pick because they traded it for OJ Simpson so they ended up with Montana in the 3rd round I think

Bill Walsh wanted Simms though. They didn't have a first round pick because they traded it for OJ Simpson so they ended up with Montana in the 3rd round I think

And its not like Montana would have been Montana, ​the GOAT, had the Giants picked him. Aside from Mark Bavaro, I don't think the Giants had a skill position player in that era who would have played over the guys that Montana played with on the 49ers.

And its not like Montana would have been Montana, ​the GOAT, had the Giants picked him. Aside from Mark Bavaro, I don't think the Giants had a skill position player in that era who would have played over the guys that Montana played with on the 49ers.

you talking Offense Right?

As far as Webb and Rosen being on equal footing...factoring in the anomaly of Brady being the best ever ava drafted in the sixth round and all rarities like him...Webb was valued by scouts, coaches, etc and drafted in the third round. Rosen will absolutely go in the top five and is considered the best qb in the draft by most experts. There isn't a coach or gm in the league that would rather have Webb than Rosen based on career expectations.

If the incoming coach believes Webb is a franchise qb, I'll accept that, but if we pass on Rosen in the hopes of finding a qb next year I would be really disappointed.

Valid points again... I really don't think this team can do wrong going either direction... either pick Rosen and expect him to shine over Webb... and if not, have 2 really good young QBs... or... the sky is the limit... whether it's trading down or picking someone they think will be worthy of #2.

Agreed- Giants stars were on Defense- not that 9ers had a bad D either- that's what made their battles epic.

Agreed- Giants stars were on Defense- not that 9ers had a bad D either- that's what made their battles epic.

yeah, I miss it. You just don't see battles like that anymore.

And I know, Joe Morris was good too.... but was he better than Roger Craig? Probably not.

Webb and Rosen are on equal footing? Or Webb has a leg up? Because theyve practiced and gone through a preseason? Lol...thats astonishingly incoherent and illogical.

How many teams would be willing to trade a first or even second round draft pick for Webb right now. Lol...ask any of these draft teams if theyd rather take Rosen/Darnold vs. take Webb. No front office anywhere has a dire hankering for Webb over these two QBs.

Apply your logic to anyone else. What about Nassib. For years, he similarly had a leg up on any QB drafted after 2013. How did his leg up work out compared to Wentz, Carr, Goff, Mariota, Winston? Lol. The guy is out of the league.

yeah, I miss it. You just don't see battles like that anymore.

And I know, Joe Morris was good too.... but was he better than Roger Craig? Probably not.

What the FUCK are you talking about?

Joe Morris was literally the best RB to play the game in NFL history, and it's not even close.

Webb and Rosen are on equal footing? Or Webb has a leg up? Because theyve practiced and gone through a preseason? Lol...thats astonishingly incoherent and illogical.

How many teams would be willing to trade a first or even second round draft pick for Webb right now. Lol...ask any of these draft teams if theyd rather take Rosen/Darnold vs. take Webb. No front office anywhere has a dire hankering for Webb over these two QBs.

Apply your logic to anyone else. What about Nassib. For years, he similarly had a leg up on any QB drafted after 2013. How did his leg up work out compared to Wentz, Carr, Goff, Mariota, Winston? Lol. The guy is out of the league.

Idk... just look at Webb's stats vs Rosen's... Not a whole lot of daylight... Shit Webb's TD to INT ration is much much better... and if there's one stat that has killed us in the Eli Manning era, it's INTs.

Watching highlights of the QBs, Josh Allen may be the best in the draft. Dude has it all, big, big arm, touch, can feel pressure and move around in the pocket, throws well on the run. Looks a lot like Favre. He's a playmaker.

His knock is he played in FCS. I think that's what makes him great. So little talent around him and he still getting noticed .

Idk... just look at Webb's stats vs Rosen's... Not a whole lot of daylight... Shit Webb's TD to INT ration is much much better... and if there's one stat that has killed us in the Eli Manning era, it's INTs.

Stats don't tell much from the college game. They get you a little, but only very small piece of the player evaluation.

Watching highlights of the QBs, Josh Allen may be the best in the draft. Dude has it all, big, big arm, touch, can feel pressure and move around in the pocket, throws well on the run. Looks a lot like Favre. He's a playmaker.

He's okay. I don't see the consistency of Wentz in him.

Have to admit I really like everything I have read on him so far. Long way to go before the draft and I would not be surprised to see him move up on draft boards.