SportsWrath

QB prospect comparison

Nas

And we should have drafted Robert gallery in 2004. Don't over think it, draft Rosen. If the giants are high on another qb and feel they can trade down, okay, go for it, but while the potential for a bust exists, the likelihood of drafting Aaron Rodgers at 24 in two years is much lowerthan drafting our next franchise qb this year at two

Hell, best case is of the qb we draft needs work he sits behind Eli a couple of seasons, it's probably going to be one at least anyway.

And we should have drafted Robert gallery in 2004. Don't over think it, draft Rosen. If the giants are high on another qb and feel they can trade down, okay, go for it, but while the potential for a bust exists, the likelihood of drafting Aaron Rodgers at 24 in two years is much lowerthan drafting our next franchise qb this year at two

Hell, best case is of the qb we draft needs work he sits behind Eli a couple of seasons, it's probably going to be one at least anyway.

Darnold and Rosen arent exactly cant miss type prospects in the mood of the 04 Class.

I'd actually like to see the stats behind this, I mean there have been far and away more busts at QB in the top 10.

Darnold and Rosen arent exactly cant miss type prospects in the mood of the 04 Class.

I wouldn't say at the time any of them were can't miss...Eli was probably the most highly regarded due to his lineage, but all of them had serious detractors...Phillips throwing style and school, Ben's school and I believe emotional stability. These guys are picked a part every year...Goff and Wentz were right to be the worst top qbs like ever. Done guys you just know, I think Jackson has bust written all over him, same with Mayfield...I'm not did on Darnold but I think Rosen is a blue chip prospect that would benefit from during behind Eli a year.

I wouldn't say at the time any of them were can't miss...Eli was probably the most highly regarded due to his lineage, but all of them had serious detractors...Phillips throwing style and school, Ben's school and I believe emotional stability. These guys are picked a part every year...Goff and Wentz were right to be the worst top qbs like ever. Done guys you just know, I think Jackson has bust written all over him, same with Mayfield...I'm not did on Darnold but I think Rosen is a blue chip prospect that would benefit from during behind Eli a year.

Rosen is good, but I worry about his health and durability.

How do they compare to Goff/Wentz?

Besides its not like we havent had 1st round busts.... snd anyone can be a bust.... Drafting an OL would have made sense had Webb got some game time experience and the conclusion is hes the heir apparent to Eli.... but no the geniuses started Geno instead....

Probably not. Still lots of options on the table at qb. Rosen is just my personal favorite, but there are two, maybe the others I wouldn't hate getting. Just wouldn't want to pass over Rosen for another player. But if the browns take Rosen, I think it gives us options to trade down a few spots and still take a quality qb.

How do they compare to Goff/Wentz?

Besides its not like we havent had 1st round busts.... snd anyone can be a bust.... Drafting an OL would have made sense had Webb got some game time experience and the conclusion is hes the heir apparent to Eli.... but no the geniuses started Geno instead....

I think the top two are generally more highly regarded than Goff and Wentz were prior to the draft. If memory serves me, there was a lot of talk of if a qb would even be picked first. They were considered a lackluster class.

I think the top two are generally more highly regarded than Goff and Wentz were prior to the draft. If memory serves me, there was a lot of talk of if a qb would even be picked first. They were considered a lackluster class.

That was my recollection as well... Wasn't too sure though.

Any possibility that Davis Webb is better than all the Qb's we can draft this year?

I don't get the "WE NEED TO DRAFT A QB @2" either. Just because there was a mishandling by the coaching staff/front office then goes back further than spring training last year. That should not imply that the #2/franchise QB isn't on the team already. Granted the Giant OL drafts have gone the way of their LB drafts plug- and-play-a-scrub. I know this will sound contradictory to my last statement but, We need a running back that teams need to prep for. After the #2 pick we can go fill the trench and secondary.

A solid line with Eli (and Webb waiting/learning as the #2 in the weeds) at the helm, OBJ,Engram,Sheppard and Barkley . That being said. Give Gettleman time to clean out the fridge so he knows what groceries to go shopping for. Reese did most of his shopping at the dollar store for far to long.

I don't get the "WE NEED TO DRAFT A QB @2" either. Just because there was a mishandling by the coaching staff/front office then goes back further than spring training last year. That should not imply that the #2/franchise QB isn't on the team already. Granted the Giant OL drafts have gone the way of their LB drafts plug- and-play-a-scrub. I know this will sound contradictory to my last statement but, We need a running back that teams need to prep for. After the #2 pick we can go fill the trench and secondary.

A solid line with Eli (and Webb waiting/learning as the #2 in the weeds) at the helm, OBJ,Engram,Sheppard and Barkley . That being said. Give Gettleman time to clean out the fridge so he knows what groceries to go shopping for. Reese did most of his shopping at the dollar store for far to long.

I said a similar thing after the 2003 season and feel that way now. Looking forward to not being surprised this year.

You know... given my man-love for Webb and the fact Eli has at least 2 years left... I'm beginning to soften my "QB @ #2" stance... If this Barkely guy is as good as Gurly, then all we need to shore up the OL and we're clicking again.

And isn't Webb better than Mayfield?

Mayfield got better, he also went to a better program for his talent.

I don't know, if Webb went to another year of grad school, is it possible that we are talking about him being the best qb in this year's draft?

Coaches know Webb isn't the answer. We still feel he is because we don't have inside access

the Giants aren't exactly qb experts...and the staff evaluating him was incompetent. So who knows what Davis Webb is or could be.

I don't trust the Reese regime in any aspect