SportsWrath

Imagine if everyone stayed healthy and mcadoo didn’t suck and we were as good as we were last year

Herc

Collins breaking his arm is heart breaking.

I'm surprised to think people believe this team will be any sort of competitive the next four or five seasons.

Things can change in a hurry in the NFL these days. Witness the Rams.

Things can change in a hurry in the NFL these days. Witness the Rams.

The Rams were already trending up, it only took a real HC to realize that he had Todd Gurley on the team and Goff could throw the ball more than 5 yards, and were stacked with talent on the defense.

Fuck Fisher was a horrible HC lol

The Giants on the other hand, arent stacked with talent except for maybe the WR core and one TE.

The Rams were already trending up, it only took a real HC to realize that he had Todd Gurley on the team and Goff could throw the ball more than 5 yards, and were stacked with talent on the defense.

The Giants on the other hand, arent stacked with talent except for maybe the WR core and one TE.

There is a lot more talent on this roster than just WR and TE. This could very well be the offseason that we see the final pieces get added.

There is a lot more talent on this roster than just WR and TE. This could very well be the offseason that we see the final pieces get added.

Which has been said on here every year since 2012.

I just feel like a roster over haul is coming and a new franchise QB. Whoever the new HC/GM combo is has work to do and I just don't see the Giants sitting on top of the NFC East in the next few seasons, which is fine all teams go through it....expect the Pats.

Hope I'm wrong, probably wont be, but who knows maybe we get some genius GM who can turn things around.

Which has been said on here every year since 2012.

I just feel like a roster over haul is coming and a new franchise QB. Whoever the new HC/GM combo is has work to do and I just don't see the Giants sitting on top of the NFC East in the next few seasons, which is fine all teams go through it....expect the Pats.

Hope I'm wrong, probably wont be, but who knows maybe we get some genius GM who can turn things around.

That is absolutely true as well. First thing we need to do is get the General Manager position filled. It is not going to take a genius to fix what is broken on the team. Then we get a head coach and figure out what their vision of Giants football is going forward.

A complete roster overhaul would require a fire sale on guys signed in the last two years. It is not the way to go.

Really? Don't we have a bro bowl safety? a pro bowl DT? Don't we have arguable the best WR in the game? Don't we have a start TE who can only get better from here on? Jack Rabbit and DRC now suck? To say the Giants are somehow the Browns is a bit of an overreach...

While I'm not one for a fire sale, I think we're trending a whole lot closer in that direction than many fans realize. I think the Giants would do well to consider the fact that any new coach should be given 2 or 3 years AFTER the QB transition before any true evaluation is done on their performance.

It's not really that the Giants lack good players. A lot of top end talent is on the roster.

The problem are the neglected areas of the roster. LBs on D, and a running game that has seen some investment but mostly hasn't panned out (ol draft picks, and mid round level running backs).

Or maybe we're overrating our DBS, even Collins. And the WRs, even Beckham.

Okay, not Beckham.... Elis stats when he goes to obj are insane. If anything, we underrate him, or he's the canary in the coal mine that tells us just how bad the Giants wrs have actually been.

And we are definitely not getting value from our edge defenders. Both Vernon and JPP have failed to play to their contracts.

Giants aren't rotating them. They play damn near every single defensive snap. Not the only factor to consider but something worth noting.

That is absolutely true as well. First thing we need to do is get the General Manager position filled. It is not going to take a genius to fix what is broken on the team. Then we get a head coach and figure out what their vision of Giants football is going forward.

A complete roster overhaul would require a fire sale on guys signed in the last two years. It is not the way to go.

There are holes, to be sure, OL being the most obvious and the LBs and secondary are thin. We're also short a WR and could use a better than "serviceable" RB. But Beckham, Shepard and Engram are a great (young) receiving core. The D Line, at least on paper, should be solid. Assuming Jenkins gets his head right, he's a very good CB and Collins looks like a perennial Pro Bowler. Add the #2 overall pick and (PLEASE!) a few decent picks in rounds 2 through 6, along with a FA or two and we could be at least an 8 win team next year.