SportsWrath

Let's talk draft...

Nas

What's the chances Cleveland doesn't pick Darnold? Right now he's my favorite for us to get him in the 1st round...

There so absolutely zero and I mean zero chance he gets past the Browns IF he declares.

He is far and away the best QB prospect in the draft, once again IF he declares.

Right now the Browns go Rosen and the Giants go Jackson.

If Darnold decides to go into the draft then the Browns take him and the Giants have a choice of Rosen or Jackson.

Honestly if anything I'd love to see the Giants draft Barkley at #2 and then put a package together and either trade back up into round one to grab a guy like Allen or Mayfield or pray they fall into the second round.

Get the RB/QB combo of the future.

If Beckham and Mayfield could get reigned in by the next management and coaching staff I wouldn't be opposed to this line of thinking at all.

If Beckham and Mayfield could get reigned in by the next management and coaching staff I wouldn't be opposed to this line of thinking at all.

See to me the only worthwhile QB in the draft to take in the top 5 is Darnold, if he decideds to go.

Otherwise pick Barkley the guy is going to be a hell of a RB for years in the NFL, then go get the guy you want at a cheaper pick.

If Rosen/Jackson slide down then teams will go for them.

Mayfield will slip to into the mid/bottom of round one so throw a package together of the second and third round pick and throw it at a team to get him or even Allen.

See to me the only worthwhile QB in the draft to take in the top 5 is Darnold, if he decideds to go.

Otherwise pick Barkley the guy is going to be a hell of a RB for years in the NFL, then go get the guy you want at a cheaper pick.

If Rosen/Jackson slide down then teams will go for them.

Mayfield will slip to into the mid/bottom of round one so throw a package together of the second and third round pick and throw it at a team to get him or even Allen.

Like I said before... Darnold scares me with his recklessness, but for some reason it really works. Im just worried it wont work on Sundays.

I'm on the Rosen bandwagon atm because the highlights I've seen of him tell me he can make NFL-window throws already and to me that's a huge plus.

Idk much about Mayfield outside of hearing hes amazing but has off the field issues that everyone is worried about.

I'm intrigued by Allen if for no other reason than the Mannings seem to be all in on him.

Honestly if anything I'd love to see the Giants draft Barkley at #2 and then put a package together and either trade back up into round one to grab a guy like Allen or Mayfield or pray they fall into the second round.

Get the RB/QB combo of the future.

I think a strategy like this would backfire.... I dont think Mayfield lasts beyond the 9th pick... and the price to move that high up maybe prohibitive

I think a strategy like this would backfire.... I dont think Mayfield lasts beyond the 9th pick... and the price to move that high up maybe prohibitive

Then they take Barkley and look for a QB next year, use the rest of the full draft picks to grab some LBs/Oline hopefully.

Seriously this team is going to be four or five years removed from the playoffs, and will probably be picking within the top 10 once or twice more during that time.

Then they take Barkley and look for a QB next year, use the rest of the full draft picks to grab some LBs/Oline hopefully.

Seriously this team is going to be four or five years removed from the playoffs, and will probably be picking within the top 10 once or twice more during that time.

Doubt it... The Giants just aren't that kind of organization... last time we stunk up the joint was the 90s after the SB and we don't plan on stinking up the joint again... This is our chance to grab the next franchise QB...

While thinking draft...I was trying to figure out what how high our pick can go and how low our pick can go....essentially answering, are we guaranteed a top 5 pick at this point? Top 3? Top 7?

I think that looking at the schedules below among the league's worst, there are two games that will be key. Cleveland @ Chicago in week 16 and Houston at Indianapolis in week 17. As a Giants fan, these games could have a large impact on the draft order. There are far too many factors, like strength of schedule, to really delve into the possibilities...but worst-case scenario, say the Giants win out. Giants end up 4-12.

Browns split the last two, beating the Bears, end up 1-15.

Colts lose the last two, end up 3-13.

Bears lose out, end up 4-12.

Texans split the last two, end up 5-11

49ers lose out, end up 4-12.

That puts the Giants at 3-way tie for the 4th pick and that doesn't include the Buccaneers, whom I've left out of the discussion pending tonight's game. It's a pretty large swing from 2nd, where we're currently at down to potentially 6th.

Browns (0-14): @Bears, @Steelers

NY Giants (2-12): @Cardinals, Redskins

Colts (3-11): @Baltimore, Texans

Bears (4-10): Browns, @Vikings

Texans (4-10): Steelers, @Colts

49ers (4-10): Jaguars, @Rams

I'll be at the Ravens/Colts game on Saturday...in my Giants gear, with a Go Colts sign!

While thinking draft...I was trying to figure out what how high our pick can go and how low our pick can go....essentially answering, are we guaranteed a top 5 pick at this point? Top 3? Top 7?

I think that looking at the schedules below among the league's worst, there are two games that will be key. Cleveland @ Chicago in week 16 and Houston at Indianapolis in week 17. As a Giants fan, these games could have a large impact on the draft order. There are far too many factors, like strength of schedule, to really delve into the possibilities...but worst-case scenario, say the Giants win out. Giants end up 4-12.

Browns split the last two, beating the Bears, end up 1-15.

Colts lose the last two, end up 3-13.

Bears lose out, end up 4-12.

Texans split the last two, end up 5-11

49ers lose out, end up 4-12.

That puts the Giants at 3-way tie for the 4th pick and that doesn't include the Buccaneers, whom I've left out of the discussion pending tonight's game. It's a pretty large swing from 2nd, where we're currently at down to potentially 6th.

Browns (0-14): @Bears, @Steelers

NY Giants (2-12): @Cardinals, Redskins

Colts (3-11): @Baltimore, Texans

Bears (4-10): Browns, @Vikings

Texans (4-10): Steelers, @Colts

49ers (4-10): Jaguars, @Rams

I'll be at the Ravens/Colts game on Saturday...in my Giants gear, with a Go Colts sign!

According to the scenarios above we can't pick worse than 4...

We need the colts to win that Texans game. Their strength of schedule is atrocious so we need one less win than them

For the life of me, I can't figure out why head-to-head matchups determine playoff seeding tiebreakers but for the draft it's strength of schedule. Makes absolutely zero sense.