SportsWrath

10-step plan on how to fix the Giants

Nas

The Steelers have the highest paid wr on their team and theyre the number 1 seed. His 200+ yards were a big reason why they got their last win too. Theres a huge hap between tier 1 and tier 2 wrs. You need a really good reason to give up an edge like that

I dont see why Giants need to trade from their No.2 pick at all. Pick the best available QB and then go RB in round 2. Start there. OL is a crap shoot and Id not waste a top pick on OL - Tunsil is struggling. Flowers is really improved actually. Their learning curve seems to be even more than a QB. CBs suddenly seem to have a lot less of a learning curve.

I dont see why Giants need to trade from their No.2 pick at all. Pick the best available QB and then go RB in round 2. Start there. OL is a crap shoot and Id not waste a top pick on OL - Tunsil is struggling. Flowers is really improved actually. Their learning curve seems to be even more than a QB. CBs suddenly seem to have a lot less of a learning curve.

Even if Flowers turns it around, we still need a Tackle or Guard in the draft...

BWaahahhahahahahahahhaa

don't laugh, Flowers really has been a lot better lately. I know you tend to just follow the ball, but try to focus on him during the game, he's throwing some nasty blocks these days. You're more likely to notice when he gets burned, but for every one of those he's destroying somebody now.

PFF has him ranked #46 on the season.... not bad given where he was after about five weeks.

I think Bobby Hart should get a shot at the guard position

Fixed.

don't laugh, Flowers really has been a lot better lately. I know you tend to just follow the ball, but try to focus on him during the game, he's throwing some nasty blocks these days. You're more likely to notice when he gets burned, but for every one of those he's destroying somebody now.

PFF has him ranked #46 on the season.... not bad given where he was after about five weeks.

Fixed.

Ha

Seriously they have third year Bobby Hart on the roster, under contract, and we need to put him somewhere on the offensive line where he can succeed. Cutting him loose just opens up another hole we can't fill. Terrible offensive tackle, might be good enough to play offensive guard.

I've watched Flowers...have you? He's marginal at best. His improvement is like going from a D- to a D+. He's not a long term solution at that position.

You might have stopped watching after his performance in Detroit only to start again when we played Washington. It happens quite often because the camera only focuses on him when he fucks up. If he is doing a good job, the camera looks for the other player fucking up and on a team doing a great job of fucking up the 2017 season...

I hope the Giants get a LT so they can move Flowers to RT but that has been on our wishlist for two years now.

I've watched Flowers...have you? He's marginal at best. His improvement is like going from a D- to a D+. He's not a long term solution at that position.

I'd give him a C- but yeah, same difference.

From an F to a C- is certainly improvement, just not what you'd want to see out of a top-10 pick.

Here's what I'll give Flowers...if Flowers is flanked by B to A grade offensive lineman at LG, C, RG, and RT, I can live with that. I think he'll do better if he has better players around him (granted, that can be said for most OL).

What I'm trying to say is, I think we need to find at least three starting caliber OL this offseason. Easier said than done I know. If we can't fill all of those gaps next to Flowers, but can find a great LT, why not pursue it and potentially bump Flowers inside to Guard?

well, I'm definitely not arguing that he's been worth his draft position based on how he's played. I'm just saying that he's improved and its too soon to give up on him.

It would be a bad move to give up on him... he's still on his rookie contract so he's relatively cheap. I think he's playing out of position too... he might be a pretty good RT.

However, I think it was colossally stupid for Reese to not provide competition/backup in case he flopped, which he did... and we can see the results.

Here's what I'll give Flowers...if Flowers is flanked by B to A grade offensive lineman at LG, C, RG, and RT, I can live with that. I think he'll do better if he has better players around him (granted, that can be said for most OL).

What I'm trying to say is, I think we need to find at least three starting caliber OL this offseason. Easier said than done I know.

Yeah this is why I was pushing so hard for Forrest Lamp this past year. We have three guys heading into free agency on the interior line, and one (Jerry) who's just flat-out terrible. Would have been nice to have had some insurance there.