SportsWrath

"Have they been self motivated?"

BlueInCanada

Yeah, I just don't understand how giving Spags control of the whole team will (1) help the offense or (2) help the defense. And if it's not going to help, then why do it? I think waiting for available coaches, lack of doing anything positive, and lastly, risking some sort of spark thereby hurting draft position all play into it...whether ownership would admit to it or not.

I don't think they really want to win at this point, but would never say anything that could even be construed as such. If they fire McAdoo and the team wins two games...all the sudden they might be outside the top 5...forcing a potential trade-up scenario come draft day should they want one of the QBs. We're currently 3rd in draft order...might jump to 2nd should we lose to KC (San Fran is on bye this week). San Fran is also considering starting Garoppolo and San Fran's schedule is far easier down the stretch than ours. So it's possible they win a 2nd game.

Because Spags was such a great HC in his last stint at that position. He's a coordinator...let him be that. Oh, and need I remind you that his defense just gave up a shit ton of points and yardage to a team that hadn't been able to win a single game yet this season. Oh, and how about the fact that rumors of defection and dissention are coming primarily from...the defense. Granted, that could be from McAdoo's suspension of two defenders...but let's not pretend that Spags has done all that well this year with this defense.

although his "defense" may of had alternative motives. Will there be any indefinate suspensions this week?

Yeah, I just don't understand how giving Spags control of the whole team will (1) help the offense or (2) help the defense. And if it's not going to help, then why do it? I think waiting for available coaches, lack of doing anything positive, and lastly, risking some sort of spark thereby hurting draft position all play into it...whether ownership would admit to it or not.

I don't think they really want to win at this point, but would never say anything that could even be construed as such. If they fire McAdoo and the team wins two games...all the sudden they might be outside the top 5...forcing a potential trade-up scenario come draft day should they want one of the QBs. We're currently 3rd in draft order...might jump to 2nd should we lose to KC (San Fran is on bye this week). San Fran is also considering starting Garoppolo and San Fran's schedule is far easier down the stretch than ours. So it's possible they win a 2nd game.

If the Giants plans are to win the draft then having McAdoo as coach is a good scenario. Installing Spagnuolo as HC is a no risk endeavour. Win the rest of the games and have a good dilemma or win the draft as before and nuke from orbit. This team has absolutely quit and is the worst team in the NFL. Keeping McAdoo around is asinine at this point. Also to be clear my original post is not to have Spagnuolo as HC next year by default although if they were going to hire internally as they did last year for HC McAdoo over Spagnuolo was a head scratcher.