SportsWrath

If Seattle can trade for a tackle...

gmenroc

Why do the Giants sit around with a thumb up their ass? I think this is what drives me crazy. Seriously. If we're destined to be a joke as the first half of the season showed, why not trade a piece or two away to accumulate some draft picks. On the other hand, if we're not a joke and through some magical ray of sunshine up the ass they think that we're not a joke and we're actually close to some level of playoff success, why not trade for a missing piece?

Instead, we're just happy where we're at. Everyone's still getting paid. We're not dealing with dissention in the ranks in any way at this point. So we do nothing.

He's really going to take that offense to a new level. One guy that isn't going to happy with this move is Blount...who I would think is either going to be shelved, even possibly cut.

He's a nice backup now. They don't even need him for short yardage anymore

Here's a thought...

Givens:

Patriots have 1 QB on their active roster

Giants won't likely play Davis Webb this season and won't know what they have in him come draft time

Giants will have a high draft pick and will likely select a QB in that slot, regardless of Webb

So...would you trade Webb to the Patriots and roll with one of the guys coming out in 2018? I think I'd do it for a 3rd rounder.

Here's a thought...

Givens:

Giants won't likely play Davis Webb this season and won't know what they have in him come draft time

Giants will have a high draft pick and will likely select a QB in that slot, regardless of Webb

So...would you trade Webb to the Patriots and roll with one of the guys coming out in 2018? I think I'd do it for a 3rd rounder.

They're going to pick up the SF QB Hoyer

Here's a thought...

Givens:

I would never trade Webb without knowing what he's made of... for all I know (and you can call me a homer on this), he's our Aaron Rodgers or Russel Wilson... only better.

We used a third rounder on Webb and the pats third rounder could end up being lower than the 3rd rounder we used on him last year. I'd rather see what we have in him than take a loss in draft capital.

And like fringe said they're signing hoyer. He was supposed to be in the trade but they're doing a cut and sign for compensation purposes.

Here's a thought...

Givens:

I highly doubt the Pats would trade for a QB that they probably never scouted or considered taking when he was picked.

They could just as easily pick up their own guy that they want in the draft, or go out and bring in one of the many FA QBs who wouldn't cost them a draft pick.

If anything the Giants would have to give up a starter or a decent draft pick to grab someone who would actually improve the team before the deadline, something JR I dont think has ever done in his career.

Ajayi for a 4th is a fucking steal.

Will anyone take Perkins for a Gatorade bucket?

Ajayi was a 5th round pick anyway - so yes - thats a great fit for a team thats truly trying to go far. Unlike tweedledumb and tweedledee who keep waiting for the magic dust from Football fairy.....

I agree... trades for players at this point make no sense. We need as many draft picks as possible to entice a new GM.

Now, if we had wanted to move some dead wood for an extra 2nd or 4th (not a 3rd as none of them do anything for us anyway), I would have been all for it.

I was actually talking one way OR the other.

If the leaders of the franchise...owners, GM, coaches...look at this team and think that we're close - why not make a move to shore up a glaring need?

On the contrary...if the leaders of the franchise think we're fucked - why not make a move to get some draft pick value for the aging stars on your team?

Instead, we do nothing. And I'm beginning to wonder if the leaders of the franchise have any clue whatsoever what we actually have that's worth a damn outside of Beckham. It's like a rudder-less ship...with captains that don't know shit about fixing rudders but who constantly try to convince their crew that the rudder is just fine....why? well, because they want to remain the captains of course.