SportsWrath

I know nothing about college football so..if the giants have a top 3 pick

MakeMeSomeFoodHo

I'm no expert, but I listen for the names so I have some idea who we ended up getting come draft day. There are supposedly a couple quarterbacks that are coming out in 2018 that are being talked up as the next best group. Two or three of them. Add the Penn State RB, Barkley, into the mix and you've got the top couple picks I'd think. Maybe if some left tackle separates himself mid-season and combine, they enter the discussion as well.

For me, as much as I want offensive line...for as much as I've been screaming for offensive line...I really, really have to take a long, hard look at the QBs sitting there. That said, I also would be taking a long, hard look at Davis Webb as well. Geno Smith is not the long term answer for us. I would be sure to find out what we have in Webb and if he's not the long term starter, then you almost have to go with one of the top QBs come draft day.

The catch of course to that logic is that with the offensive line we have, how can you get a true evaluation of Webb?

Regardless, I think it's clear that Eli is on the downside of his career and his replacement should already be here when Eli hangs up the cleats. Ideally, everyone shoots for the Favre-Rodgers transition. We seem to have the opportunity to do just that.

The second we are mathematically out we put him in after every halftime this year

So we should of been doing it after week four.

I made a thread on it before, they should play Eli a quarter or two, then sit everyone who is gonna be a starter next year.

Granted it would tank the teams ticket sales even worse and Mara wouldn't be happy so it will never happen.

I don't know much about Webb other than we took him with a pick many thought to be a waste.

Is he any good... highly touted? Smart? Big arm?

My opinoin: He's our Carson Wentz, big arm, accurate, very smart, and a student of game...

We don't know what Davis Webb is, other than a guy we won't even let suit up on Sundays.

well, he know he's tall, fast, has as good an arm as anybody, had damn good numbers in his one season starting in college, and is a pathologically hard worker.

So... we know enough to be optimistic....

So we should of been doing it after week four.

I made a thread on it before, they should play Eli a quarter or two, then sit everyone who is gonna be a starter next year.

Granted it would tank the teams ticket sales even worse and Mara wouldn't be happy so it will never happen.

Actually I think Mara is the only guy that would actually want that. 6-10 might possibly save McAdoo or Reese, but it won't let us know what we have for next season. Mc and JR are fighting for their professional lives so they're not going to "see what they've got" unless they know they're returning next year; they're going to do whatever it takes to win as many games as possible and make their record look less shitty (or say, 'see? The team never quit on us!'). Right now that's Eli.

The only guy sure to come back next year is the owner. If you see a switch like that, I think it would actually come from Mara.

Heard a Pats scout on the radio the other day...he says...

College ball is all systems...can make an average QB look great and a great OB average.....that is how a Matt Lienhart looks like a future HOF and Tom Brady gets drafted in the 6th round.

He says when they evaluated QBs they never looked at stats or win / lose....just film....and pretty much ignored everything in the game but down, distance, and situation (2 minute drill...etc.

They figure you get the raw talent...body, arm, agility, brains and cool...and coach them up in the pros.

Webb...is big...he is athletic....great arm...smart....and a worker.....now the issue...who coaches him up?

C. Wagon

I think when a turnover happens is when they get their new QB right now they wont want to change systems for Eli, so most likely that turnover isnt happening. Will a new HC/OC want Webb? Idk theres not much and the 2019 draft for QBs unless oneif the guys stays another in college

I think when a turnover happens is when they get their new QB right now they wont want to change systems for Eli, so most likely that turnover isnt happening. Will a new HC/OC want Webb? Idk theres not much and the 2019 draft for QBs unless oneif the guys stays another in college

It's clear to me anyway that Macadoo doesn't want Eli now. All of these innuendos he puts out - like telling the announcers last week that you can tell how a game is going from Eli's feet- along with the general under bus throwing.

Heard a Pats scout on the radio the other day...he says...

College ball is all systems...can make an average QB look great and a great OB average.....that is how a Matt Lienhart looks like a future HOF and Tom Brady gets drafted in the 6th round.

He says when they evaluated QBs they never looked at stats or win / lose....just film....and pretty much ignored everything in the game but down, distance, and situation (2 minute drill...etc.

They figure you get the raw talent...body, arm, agility, brains and cool...and coach them up in the pros.

Webb...is big...he is athletic....great arm...smart....and a worker.....now the issue...who coaches him up?

C. Wagon

One thing I know. McAdoo and Sullivan will ensure that Webb is highly proficient at the 3 yard out routes to the TE or RB. You can count on that.

One thing I know. McAdoo and Sullivan will ensure that Webb is highly proficient at the 3 yard out routes to the TE or RB. You can count on that.

Pair him with a RB that gets you three on the third-and-long giveup draw and I see many super bowls in the future.

Nothing matters until McAdoo is gone. His offense is garbage and a joke. They need to get back to running the football. That doesn't necessarily mean we need Barkley. But we do need a hammer who has some speed. A guy who is going to be a devastating RB in the NFL who may come out in the 2018 draft is Bo Scarbrough of Alabama. Don't necessarily need to use a first rounder to get him, either, but he's going to be a real good one.

Nothing matters until McAdoo is gone. His offense is garbage and a joke. They need to get back to running the football. That doesn't necessarily mean we need Barkley. But we do need a hammer who has some speed. A guy who is going to be a devastating RB in the NFL who may come out in the 2018 draft is Bo Scarbrough of Alabama. Don't necessarily need to use a first rounder to get him, either, but he's going to be a real good one.

wird