SportsWrath

Giants suspend DRC

Storm

1. True to this point, and... also true, at least until this year. But, as I said earlier, and have observed in the game threads as well, DRC is quitting on plays. This past week wasn't the first time he's quit on the team this year. He's done it on the field. (Which I had kind of given him a pass on because he HAD been so good previously).

2. He was still the starter last season. He moved inside when Apple came on the field, but that wasn't a demotion.

3. Right, because DRC had walked out on the team earlier in the week.

The more I read about this, it sounds like McAdoo is doing what we'd expect any head coach to do. A guy walks out of a team session during the week, he gets benched during the game. What else would we have him do? This is more or less exactly what Coughlin did under similar circumstances with Plaxico.

Yeah I read an article just now that said basically DRC has walked out three times this week. Sounds like I may have gotten it backwards, but I'm sure there's still more to come.

I have a hunch the DRC matter is just the tip of the iceberg in that locker room. You don't get to the point of walking out without a build up. Yes, being misused and I'm sure he feels, disrespected by giving Apple his position is part of it.......but an environment of discontentment with the coach lays the groundwork for for such action. If he felt like he was the only one who had an issue with Macadoo, I doubt he would have acted out. I think he knew there are a lot of guys in that room who agree with him and have his back.

I have a hunch the DRC matter is just the tip of the iceberg in that locker room. You don't get to the point of walking out without a build up. Yes, being misused and I'm sure he feels, disrespected by giving Apple his position is part of it.......but an environment of discontentment with the coach lays the groundwork for for such action. If he felt like he was the only one who had an issue with Macadoo, I doubt he would have acted out. I think he knew there are a lot of guys in that room who agree with him and have his back.

i have a hunch your hunch is correct.

You're probably right.

Doesn't make DRC right....

but.... man, this whole thing stinks.

Suspended indefinitely

This would be funny if it weren't my team. :cwy:

EAST RUTHERFORD — Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie remains suspended indefinitely after meeting with coach Ben McAdoo at the team's facility Thursday morning.

The Giants' veteran cornerback has started four of five games this season for a team whose season has gone off the rails at 0-5 after starting with Super Bowl aspirations.

Coach Ben McAdoo made the announcement Wednesday regarding Rodgers-Cromartie, who had expressed his displeasure with the coaching staff over his existing role, according to a source.

Rodgers-Cromartie met with McAdoo on Tuesday, and it was then that Rodgers-Cromartie was told he was going to be inactive for Sunday's game against the Broncos in Denver, according to a team source. Rodgers-Cromartie showed up at the team facility Wednesday morning, spent time in the locker room and departed prior to practice. His leaving resulted in McAdoo and the team deciding on the suspension, which at this point is indefinite.

McAdoo is currently not scheduled to speak with the media Thursday after practice, but requests have been made for that to change.

Rodgers-Cromartie has been placed on the reserve/suspended list and cornerback Donte Deayon has been promoted to the 53-man roster from the practice squad to take his place.

The maximum suspension allowed by the NFL's collective bargaining agreement is four weeks. Rodgers-Cromartie loses $410,588 in pay each week he's suspended.

"DRC came in [Tuesday]. We had a conversation that was personal upstairs and he came in [Wednesday]. Decided to leave. We will suspend him," McAdoo said. "We had a conversation [Tuesday]. He came into the building [Wednesday] morning. Decided to leave and we will put him on suspension."

When reached after news of his suspension went public Wednesday, Rodgers-Cromartie reportedly told ESPN that he “handled it the wrong way, but to sit me a game had me hot, so I left. I was suspended way before I left. I left [because] I felt what he said was BS."

Rodgers-Cromartie, 31, is one of the Giants’ most respected players, a second-team All-Pro last season and a vital part to the defense’s success in 2016.

Doesn't matter how bad the coach is. You're a player and you get paid to practice and attend what you need to attend. McAdoo may have failings as a coach but DRC has no right to leave because his feelings are hurt. Man up.

And Eli Apple has zero to bitch about. That fucker was laughing on the sideline when the chargers were driving at the end of the game and 4 players got carried off,

There are veteran players in that locker room need to get a hold of this team now. If McAdoo stinks then at least let the players show they weren't the issue.