SportsWrath

Andy Phillips

njsmalls

Should we ever start Giambi at 1B anymore? Phillips is much better defensively and he's beginning to produce offensively. Also, Giambi seems to have adjusted to being a DH. Maybe he can play 1B only when we play a National League game.

Should we ever start Giambi at 1B anymore? Phillips is much better defensively and he's beginning to produce offensively. Also, Giambi seems to have adjusted to being a DH. Maybe he can play 1B only when we play a National League game.

Phillips is not going to keep this up, it is like what Chris Shelton did, but to a smaller degree. If he keeps hitting though, ride him for all its worth.

Phillips is not going to keep this up, it is like what Chris Shelton did, but to a smaller degree. If he keeps hitting though, ride him for all its worth.

You can't really know for sure what numbers he'll put up. They weren't bad in the minors, and he can sure get around on a fast ball. Defensively, his strong suits over Giambi are his throwing and speed in getting to balls. I think Giambi is better at picking up balls out of the dirt, though.

The problem is, you can't take Giambi out of the line up, and that DH position has to be spread around.

The more I see of Phillips, the better I like him. But I still wish we'd have kept Tony the Tiger.

You can't really know for sure what numbers he'll put up. They weren't bad in the minors, and he can sure get around on a fast ball. Defensively, his strong suits over Giambi are his throwing and speed in getting to balls. I think Giambi is better at picking up balls out of the dirt, though.

The problem is, you can't take Giambi out of the line up, and that DH position has to be spread around.

The more I see of Phillips, the better I like him. But I still wish we'd have kept Tony the Tiger.

Last year he did absolutelty shit for us. There is no way he is gonna stay hot, nobody can (well, except Pujols. and a-rod when he's not stat padding, which sin't often)

lets be fair, this is the first time he's gotten significant, consistant playing time. Try not playing for a week or 2 and then get in there are try to hit, its very hard. He's absolutely mashed AAA pitching for the past 3 season, the guy can hit when given the chance to play consistantly. 280-300, 20-25 and 80 is not only possible, but its probable.