SportsWrath

Jamaar Taylor retires.

jranieli

According to Raymond Savage of Savage Sports Management,Giants WR Jamaar Taylor has retired from the NFL.

Taylor, 25, has been with the Giants since 2004. Sadly his short career had been ravaged by injuries and he never really got the opportunity to play. When he was on the field he did show signs of being a very talented WR. He had blazing speed but was unable to showcase it due to those afore mention injuries.

In 2004 against the Eagles, Taylor caught two passes for 102 yards. It was easily the best game of his short career.

I think Taylor should've gone through training camp, got cut as worst case scenario, and start a new career with a team that could actually use him. I guess he had more of an injury we didn't know about.

I think Taylor should've gone through training camp, got cut as worst case scenario, and start a new career with a team that could actually use him. I guess he had more of an injury we didn't know about.

Doesn't matter where he went, he wasn't going to get anything more than minimum salary. And chances are, with his history of injury, he figured he'd just bank out on retirement and not risk further injury.

I'll tell you, if I were in the NFL, there's a strong chance I'd do the same, even if I were successful. Play a few years, collect some serious money, invest it smartly, and retire to a life of ease. Granted, Taylor most likely doesn't have enough to do nothing the rest of his life, but he isn't going to be hurting either.

Taylor's saying he hasn't officially retired, now. He was having serious thoughts but hasn't made up his mind, hes gonna try to rehab more for now. :clap::TU::rock: :worshippy: :flex:

WR Jamaar Taylor Has Not Retired – at Least Yet: According to The Star-Ledger, the agent for WR Jamaar Taylor says his client has not retired. This refutes a report that had appeared on KFFL.com last Friday that Taylor had decided to retire from the NFL due to continuing problems with his surgically-repaired right knee. Taylor originally tore the ACL in that knee during his senior season in college in October 2003. He since has undergone arthroscopic surgery on the knee in the spring of 2005 and again in December 2005.

The Ledger reports that Taylor continues to rehab, but he recently experienced "clicking and popping" in the knee during the team's recent Organized Team Activity (OTA) practices. Taylor's agent says his client keeps going back and forth on whether to retire or not.

"He's an emotional kid who's just tired of hurting," said the agent. "He's definitely considering (retirement), but nothing is official at this point."

Taylor's agent says he expect his client to make a decision by Tuesday when he receives the results of a recent examination conducted by doctors not affiliated with the Giants.

OK NOWWW IT'S OFFICIAL

June 5, 2006

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. – Giants wide receiver Jamaar Taylor today filed his letter of retirement with the NFL’s commissioner’s office and informed the team that he has decided to retire after just two seasons in the league.

“We respect Jamaar’s decision, but we are really sorry to see this,” general manager Ernie Accorsi said. “I thought he was an outstanding prospect and played very well for us when he was healthy.

“We are placing him on reserve/retired and retaining our rights in case, at some point in the future, he changes his mind.”

Taylor, a sixth-round draft choice in 2004, played in 13 games in his two seasons with the Giants. But several knee injuries, including one that limited him to five games in the 2005 season, led to his decision to retire.

Taylor caught six passes for 146 yards, a 24.3-yard average, all in the 2004 season. His most memorable game was on Nov. 28 against the Philadelphia Eagles, when he caught two passes – one for 52 yards and the other for 50 yards.

Taylor’s senior season at Texas A&M was cut short after he suffered a torn anterior cruciate ligament.

have a nice life jamaar :rock:

There was an article on it...I don't remember where I read it.

Well I hope that it's true. I think this kid has talent and I was really upset to hear this. I thought that when Toomer retired that him and Moss would fight it out for the #2 WR position. That's if he can stay on the field, and that is a huge IF????

I agree, he must have never truly wanted to play again. I would say it was a waste, but most 6 round picks don't ever do too much anyways...unless you're Tom Brady of course.

yes, i take solace in that.

another source

Giants WR Jamaar Taylor retires

6/5/2006, 9:20 p.m. ET

The Associated Press

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. (AP) — New York Giants receiver Jamaar Taylor retired Monday after two injury-plagued seasons in the NFL.

"We respect Jamaar's decision, but we are really sorry to see this," general manager Ernie Accorsi said. "I thought he was an outstanding prospect and played very well for us when he was healthy."

A sixth-round draft choice in 2004, Taylor played in 13 games in his two seasons with the Giants. But several knee injuries, including one that limited him to five games in the 2005 season, led to his decision to retire.

Advertisement

Taylor caught six passes for 146 yards, all in 2004. His most memorable game was on Nov. 28 against the Philadelphia Eagles, when he caught two passes for 102 yards.

Taylor's senior season at Texas A&M was cut short after he tore his anterior cruciate ligament.

Accorsi said Taylor was placed on the reserve-retired list so the team retains his rights in case he changes his mind.

http://www.nj.com/sportsflash/giants/index...rylist=njgiants