SportsWrath

Garbage offense. Macadoo sucks..

osi724dasack

Or, maybe the Dallas defense isn't that bad.

They do appear to be getting good linebacker play out of Sean Lee and Jaylon Smith.

Speaking of good linebacker play, 14 tackles for BJ Goodson last night. There was nary a play that he wasn't around the ball. That guy is a keeper.

I love me some BJ.

I thought Collinsworth made a good point yesterday. Why not at least suit up Odell, put him in on passing downs only as a decoy, and have him run straight deep routes, just to keep the defense off balance and free up other guys?

I think the ankle is worse than they're letting on.

His stats were literally cut in half last year. From 109/1500/14 to 59/788/3 on the same team with the same quarterback and with Matt forte added to the team. I can buy that even if he's declining he's a nice piece to have and we needed a decent outside receiver, but there's no way that should take priority over signing o-linemen--and there WERE offensive linemen available to help this team. Whitworth is an all-pro level tackle who we wouldn't have had to give a lengthy contract to because he's 35. His deal is 3 years 33 mil 5 mil guaranteed, he comes off the books the same time as Eli, and if he loses it by year three you cut him and save 11 mil in his last year. Meanwhile the o-line is salvaged for a two year window that this team has the talent to compete for a Super Bowl while Eli is 36 and 37. I'd rather have that and Roger Lewis on the outside

You're missing the very important point that signing Whitworth would have hurt Ereck Flowers' feelings, and we don't want ANY offensive lineman to think they're not good enough.

Or, maybe the Dallas defense isn't that bad.

They do appear to be getting good linebacker play out of Sean Lee and Jaylon Smith.

Speaking of good linebacker play, 14 tackles for BJ Goodson last night. There was nary a play that he wasn't around the ball. That guy is a keeper.

The Cowpies D isn't that bad... but they're not that good either.

You're missing the very important point that signing Whitworth would have hurt Ereck Flowers' feelings, and we don't want ANY offensive lineman to think they're not good enough.

If they want to keep giving flowers opportunities then fine. Let him play one of the tackles, kick hart to guard and sit jerry. Jerry's salary goes from 1+ mil to 4+ mil next year and the year after anyway. Dudes a goner if he doesn't improve. I don't care how they do it, but adding whitworth and sitting either flowers, jerry, or hart would have helped the o-line tremendously

I think we got spooked when we suddenly realized in a real game how bad our OL actually was. Considering theyd practiced against our DL I thought theyd be much better than this. This is just flat out fuckall

what Defence? Other than Jackrabbit , maybe snacks.

Their D is improving for sure. Still, Eli thinks he's about to get hit when he isn't and he seems to have a few games like that every year--the Vikings game last year immediately comes to mind.

I said it at the time and I'll say it again, whitworth should've been our day 1 signing, not Marshall. See rams offensive line yesterday

oh the ram's that scored 49 points?

I'm not saying this from one week, but rather from the culmination of the last few years, but I'm really worried about Eli. Odell's "I can turn a routine slant into 70 yards" routine has been masking serious problems from Eli. I love the guy, but outside of Odell's magic he's been almost inept in recent years.

He did come to play in Green Bay though, I'll give him that.

And I agree the best way to get out of Eli whatever it is he has left would have been to solidify the o-line. Guy can probably still play when he isn't shook.

If they don't bring in like 16 offensive linemen and find the best 5, then next offseason will be a joke. It's a glaring need that I won't go so far as to say was ignored, but it certainly wasn't prioritized. Hell, games like this make me wonder if Beckham will even want to resign here once his rookie deal is up...

If they want to keep giving flowers opportunities then fine. Let him play one of the tackles, kick hart to guard and sit jerry. Jerry's salary goes from 1+ mil to 4+ mil next year and the year after anyway. Dudes a goner if he doesn't improve. I don't care how they do it, but adding whitworth and sitting either flowers, jerry, or hart would have helped the o-line tremendously

I felt this way too. Flowers is playing out of position; he's a RT.

If we had Whitworth (or somebody), Pugh, Richburg, Jones, and Flowers, that's a decent O-line. Outside of Whitworth there wasn't much available though.

I don't know why the cincy fan base would turn on whitworth. He's given up 8 sacks, 2 hits and 44 pressures over the past 3 years. Sure looked like they missed him and zeitler yesterday too. The team just doesn't resign players or free agents. They're like the packers only not good at it

I thought Collinsworth made a good point yesterday. Why not at least suit up Odell, put him in on passing downs only as a decoy, and have him run straight deep routes, just to keep the defense off balance and free up other guys?

I'm guessing to keep him safe and allow his ankle to heal.

I'm not saying this from one week, but rather from the culmination of the last few years, but I'm really worried about Eli. Odell's "I can turn a routine slant into 70 yards" routine has been masking serious problems from Eli. I love the guy, but outside of Odell's magic he's been almost inept in recent years.

He did come to play in Green Bay though, I'll give him that.

And I agree the best way to get out of Eli whatever it is he has left would have been to solidify the o-line. Guy can probably still play when he isn't shook.

I feel the same way... but on this board you're either on the side that thinks Eli is elite... or the side that thinks he flat out sucks... no middle ground.

I don't know why the cincy fan base would turn on whitworth. He's given up 8 sacks, 2 hits and 44 pressures over the past 3 years. Sure looked like they missed him and zeitler yesterday too. The team just doesn't resign players or free agents. They're like the packers only not good at it

you may have a point, that's a much improved but still dysfunctional franchise (and fan base, frankly).

Colin Cowherd made a good point today.

The Giants need to groom a new QB.

ShEli can't extend plays on 3rd down anymore.

We have that QB on the roster already.... and your truly predicted we'd get him in the draft :flex: