SportsWrath

preseason week 4 Giants v. Patriots

CrazedDogs

LaCosse is a nice TE, not a durable one and I think that should be a factor. Shaun Draughn has had a good game I question his durability as well. I'm all for cutting Johnson & Smith and roll the dice Manning stays healthy.

It does matter, but you also have to consider that sometimes there's a guy like Damon Harrison, who has years of healthy seasons after years of injury-filled seasons.

I'd like to see Rosas get a little more air under that, but hey, I'll take it.

Lug, we're not the Falcons, LOL

I think he had to rush it which caused the line drive...not Gostkowski (yet), but huge kick to seal the deal and secure a roster spot.

Webb didn't do much until the two minute drill.

Welcome to the Giants, Aldrick Rosas.

I got to watch the game at work, so my attention was divided but yeah... I was thinking it almost looked like the coaching staff was asking him to play it too safe with the short and underneath stuff all game. As soon as he started throwing some medium/out routes he looked like a totally different quarterback.

Tye and Lacosse are both having very good nights from what I've seen.

I think Lacosse has the edge over Tie based on blocking. What this probably comes down to is Lacosse or Smith. Doubt they will go 4 TE and a FB. We'll know soon enough

I think Lacosse has the edge over Tie based on blocking. What this probably comes down to is Lacosse or Smith. Doubt they will go 4 TE and a FB. We'll know soon enough

I missed it, but I hear Tye was a turnstile on the game winning kick, nearly got the kick blocked. I was thinking LaCosse is the better player anyway, but its a shame to think that it was that close and that Tye probably cost himself a shot on the very last play.

LaCosse has impressed every time I've seen him. Great hands, good athleticism down field, good blocking. If he can stay healthy he might be a keeper.

Webb's throw got there in a hurry

he has nice mobility too.

I was thinking the same thing watching the game last night. He also looked pretty poised in the offense, maybe in 2 years we are looking at a competent starter. I just hope he pays attention to Eli and not Geno in practices.

I missed it, but I hear Tye was a turnstile on the game winning kick, nearly got the kick blocked. I was thinking LaCosse is the better player anyway, but its a shame to think that it was that close and that Tye probably cost himself a shot on the very last play.

LaCosse has impressed every time I've seen him. Great hands, good athleticism down field, good blocking. If he can stay healthy he might be a keeper.

It would be great if we can get something... anything... for one or both of them in a trade. Even if you end up with a sixth-round pick, you still might be able to bundle that sixth later to trade up a few spots in the draft and snag a guy you really want.

Another thing guy's.

Which makes perfect sense...

The announcers were talking about a pre Game chat they had with Mcadoo. They said a lot of times the Giants would call plays to assess players in their positions not to call plays during the game to win or even to counter a defense. More or less here's the play let's see what you got.

Another thing guy's.

Which makes perfect sense...

The announcers were talking about a pre Game chat they had with Mcadoo. They said a lot of times the Giants would call plays to assess players in their positions not to call plays during the game to win or even to counter a defense. More or less here's the play let's see what you got.

yeah, I think McAdoo has continued Coughlin's approach to the preseason, where he's calling plays to see what guys can do, not because he thinks the plays are the best chance at success.

I think that's how most teams do it, but then there are the young raw teams that sometimes you'll see coaches go with the Spurrier approach and try to build confidence through winning. I think that's what the Browns were doing this preseason, their shit seemed real keyed in to what the Giants were doing.

You don't want to give give meaningful scheme tape to the rest of the league for a meaningless game and you also want a game speed evaluation of the talent you have. More first downs = more reps so they try to convert every 3rd down they have rather than worry about the field position game