SportsWrath

Tiki

What are your expectations of his production this coming season? Do you expect a similar season like last season? How many avg carries per game...the same, less, more?

Should they rest him more than they did last year and involve the bench more?

Are you concerned at all with the players behind him?

What are your expectations of his production this coming season? Do you expect a similar season like last season? How many avg carries per game...the same, less, more?

I know this sounds crazy, but I want him to run for 2,000 yards this season :rock:

How many productive years do you all think he has left? I say this and next year, then it is time to look to the future.

2 years max and may be limited next year... barring injury...god forbid.

I think I read that Tiki wants to retire when his contract is up, after the 2007 season. I would hope that the Giants work him a little less this season. The Giants have been lucky that he has not sustained a major injury because of all of the load he carries, but I think that's a testament to his workpit regime and the great shape he is in. I see Ward and jacobs getting more work this season. Tiki should be a role model for all rookie RBs in the NFL. :clap:

I think I read that Tiki wants to retire when his contract is up, after the 2007 season. I would hope that the Giants work him a little less this season. The Giants have been lucky that he has not sustained a major injury because of all of the load he carries, but I think that's a testament to his workpit regime and the great shape he is in. I see Ward and jacobs getting more work this season. Tiki should be a role model for all rookie RBs in the NFL. :clap:

I understand everything you said....except the part about workpit regimine....what, pray tell, is that? :P

2 years max and may be limited next year... barring injury...god forbid.

even after 2 years we should play him like Bettis was played in Pitt. Let him stay on the team as long as possible to try to get him that ring

Tiki did say and I quote at the end of my contract I will retire, I would never play for anyone other than the Giants. I seen this on t.v. last year.

I still think if he feels like he can play a little more, and the Giants organization offered him another 1 or 2 year contract I think he'll take it, unless we win the SB...he's hungry for it, and is so jealous his brother has on and he doesn't :doh:

This sounds crazy but, I think he wont break 2000 total yards this year......No fault of his own...I just feal with Eli improving we will not need him to do as much as he has been doing....

And Yes I feel that Tiki should get a ring more then about anyone in the NFL...I have never heard or seen a player work as hard as he does :worshippy: Best Giants back ever

I agree with lemmiwinks. I think Tiki will have a solid year. But if Eli progresses properly and our WR core stays healthy and effective, there will be not as much need for those check down short passes to Tiki. And Tiki will get 1450 yards this year... something around there.

This sounds crazy but, I think he wont break 2000 total yards this year......No fault of his own...I just feal with Eli improving we will not need him to do as much as he has been doing....

And Yes I feel that Tiki should get a ring more then about anyone in the NFL...I have never heard or seen a player work as hard as he does :worshippy: Best Giants back ever

:worshippy:

Tiki isn't going to be nearly as productive as last year. The coaches want to give Jacobs more carries and with Eli's improvement we will be completing more passes...He may have more receiving yards this year... ;)

Tiki has another monster year but I don't think that his yardage will be anything like last year, to ask him to hit 1800+ yards again in back to back seasons is asking a little much. I like what Jacobs brings to the table & against the Cards in week 1 he proved he can run outside the tackles & is patient enough to hit the cutback lane. I look to see Tiki with about 1200 to 1300 yards with Jacobs to be up in the 700 yard range & with the majority of the touchdowns (he's going to get better in the red-zone).

The other reason that Tiki's yardage will decrease is Eli's greater grasp of the passing game, I know this sounds extremely optimistic but I think he could have a year as good as Carson Palmer did last season if (I repeat IF, emphasis on the IF) the line (specificaly the tackles) can give him the time to go through his progressions & deliver the ball accurately. This also hinges on him getting stronger (40+ throws per game at the end of the season did tire him out) & correcting his mechanics (if they are brought on by fatigue than they are easily correctable, if not then he just needs some fine tuning) but I'm very high on his ability & he will improve.

Sorry I got a little off topic..... my bad, Go Giants!!!! :rock::TU:

Tiki isn't going to be nearly as productive as last year. The coaches want to give Jacobs more carries and with Eli's improvement we will be completing more passes...He may have more receiving yards this year... ;)

They want to give BJ more carries, but the question is what he will do. I didn't see him alot last year cuz of a dolphins fan, but the only time i saw him porduce was at the golline, where he took like 6 of Tiki's MVP votes away. Whenever I saw him at the 40 or anywhere else in the field, it was always for a short gain

Whenever I saw him at the 40 or anywhere else in the field, it was always for a short gain

You are correct...But....Every one knew he was getting the ball on short yard plays and he still got 7 TD's and around 20 first downs...There was a couple good runs against Arizona when he broke the play outside for a big gain. After that game he mainly carried in short yard situation....With him I saw something I haven't seen since Ottis Anderson / Hampton A big back who could over power a DT...I think given proper coaching he could turn into a Super star :rock:

You are correct...But....Every one knew he was getting the ball on short yard plays and he still got 7 TD's and around 20 first downs...There was a couple good runs against Arizona when he broke the play outside for a big gain. After that game he mainly carried in short yard situation....With him I saw something I haven't seen since Ottis Anderson / Hampton A big back who could over power a DT...I think given proper coaching he could turn into a Super star :rock:

well about Arizona.

I was at the Jets-Dolphins game in Jersey in Week 2 of the season along with another Dolphin fan and a hardcore Giants dan who wore his Eli jersey. There were about 10 drunk guys in all the seats near else (we stayed sober to watch the Fins) and me and the Giants fan were discussing the Giants-Cardinals game the week prior. The guy behind us put the win in very nice words I quote, "The Cardinals. I could fr-fricken beat the Cardinals."

well about Arizona.

I was at the Jets-Dolphins game in Jersey in Week 2 of the season along with another Dolphin fan and a hardcore Giants dan who wore his Eli jersey. There were about 10 drunk guys in all the seats near else (we stayed sober to watch the Fins) and me and the Giants fan were discussing the Giants-Cardinals game the week prior. The guy behind us put the win in very nice words I quote, "The Cardinals. I could fr-fricken beat the Cardinals."

I like Pizza :huh: