SportsWrath

Kaepernick

Bigblue25

This is nothing... I really get on a roll once the season starts.

Just pointing out the hypocrisy.

"Yeah... we'll sign a piece of shit who beforehand we knew treated his wife like a hostage, but God forbid we sign someone who took a knee during The National Anthem in a peaceful protest that hurt no one."

:TU:

A couple of points: The abusiveness that Josh Brown got cut for happened in the past and he was getting help when he did get cut. Not when the story broke and the team was looking like the Dallas Cowboys. I don't know when it started or when it ended, just that he was getting help and lost his job. I think it continues to be a tough situation for him and his family, hope he continues to get the help he needs and if he is exceptionally fortunate; keeps his family.

Whatever the story is for Kaepernick, don't forget he was under contract and opted out. If he does not get another job in the NFL, it is on him. NFL teams have signed convicted felons, murderers, drug abusers, family abusers, thieves, violent offenders and rapists.

I think Kaepernick will get another opportunity in the NFL.

It's funny reading all these recent articles and expert pundits about "How a great super amazing HoF QB like Kapper cant get a job because the NFL is a racist white male supremacy"

Yet anyone who watched any sort of football knew that Kapper was a below average QB who got lucky that a defense could carry him.

It's funny reading all these recent articles and expert pundits about "How a great super amazing HoF QB like Kapper cant get a job because the NFL is a racist white male supremacy"

Yet anyone who watched any sort of football knew that Kapper was a below average QB who got lucky that a defense could carry him.

Gotta write about something until preseason

Gotta write about something until preseason

Yet anyone who thinks for even a second that his protest has nothing to do with why he's not getting a chance is blind or naive. That being said... if he really did opt out, his predicament is solely on him and I have no sympathy for him.

His starting experience alone would get him a backup spot somewhere...

...but two things...

one, I've heard he's been offered backup money that he has turned down in hopes of a starting role. Well, that ship has sailed and has been sailing since draft day. He has no options.

two, it's clear teams have steered clear of him. I mean, he's only gotten what, one or two invites to work out for teams? If it was ANY other QB who had starting experience, he'd have a job.

Fact is, he's a complete douche and has an unrealistic view of his self worth at this point. And until one of those two things changes, he'll continue to sit.

I wonder when the labor dispute/lawsuit will happen. "Hey, labor board, I'm being discriminated against because of my support for a cause. It's all over the news how I should have a job by now IF I didn't express my opinion. Little help here?" Union or not, doesn't the labor board protect workers rights?