SportsWrath

Round 4-7 primer chat

Allstarjim

Well, time to put yesterday behind us, and welcome some new Giants to the Big Blue family today.

There is still some really impressive talent left, but the Giants will have a long wait because of Walkie Talkie-gate. The Giants are picking 34th in the 4th round. Yikes. That means a lot of names that you hear about that seem compelling will likely be long gone by the time the Giants are on the clock today unless they trade up. Don't get visions of Dorian Johnson, Ike Asiata or Samaje Perine. Ditto for Marlon Mack. Carlos Watkins is still on the board and I can't figure out why, I would expect him to go early, but I like him a lot, even though the Giants took Tomlinson, Watkins is a player that can provide interior pass rush. I don't think he can play outside.

Here are some guys I like besides the ones above: Damontae Kazee - Really aggressive, diminutive nickel corner, plays physical and with a chip on his shoulder. Mighty mouse kind of corner; ultra-competitive.

Will Holden, OT, Vanderbilt - probably a RT only at the next level, but he's a real talent, can really anchor. I think this is a strong consideration

Conor McDermott - Big OT, I think this is a name to watch. Probably a year away from helping, but is projectable. I think the Giants like him.

Avante Collins, OG - maybe round 5 or 6 consideration; I think the Giants will like this guy.

Julie'n Davenport, OT, Bucknell - longest arms of any tackle in the draft. True project but he has the physical measurements and athleticism to project at LT. If the light goes on and he really takes to coaching, he could be a 10-year starter at LT.

Andreas Knappe, OT, UCONN - Project from Denmark, he is 6'9" and around 300 lbs, and I'm posting his picture here, Giants reportedly have a LOT of interest in this guy. I'm quietly rooting for him, based on this pic alone:

F7wf67CA.jpg

Diegot Joseph, OT, Florida Int'l - Another guy the Giants have privately worked out.

Elijah McGuire, RB - Louisiana Lafayette prospect, Giants have held a private workout with him. Really a guy to watch.

David Jones, FS, Richmond Spiders - Seems like a Giants-type of pick, player... and I'm definitely for adding a Richmond Spider!

Samson Ebukam, LB, Eastern Washington, this guy has a name that suits the Giants... and he really looks like an NFL linebacker. I like him a lot, and hope the Giants don't wait too long to snatch him up.

8-samson-ebukam-de-olb-eastern-washingto

At RB a guy I covet is Wayne Gallman. There are still a number of good ones left, Jeremy McNichols, Brian Hill, and some considerations very late in Joe Williams and my dark horse De'Angelo Henderson of Coastal Carolina.

79ccaa49-8ef7-473c-b902-12c56021a317-lar

I look for the Giants to address OL, RB, and LB here on the third day, and possibly a pass rusher or CB.

Guys I'd be thrilled to get:

Issac Asiata

Samanje Perine

Marlon Mack

Dorian Johnson

I also feel it's imperative to get another TE in this very deep draft. Will Tye is 100% replaceable and should be a backup. I'd love to see

George Kittle

Jeremy Sprinkle

Jake Butt

Jordan Leggett

Who we'll actually get:

A marginal LB, WR, or O-linemen with "NFL upside."