SportsWrath

Tom Coughlin hasn't changed a bit, which is perfect for Jaguars

Mr. P

Fucking burress. We should've went back to back

yeah, there were holes on that D by the end of the season too though. Through 12 games, I was thinking Lombardi, no doubt. Then Burress. And Antonio Pierce completely hit the wall, suddenly he couldn't do shit out there.

Oh you can't say he values anything work ethic nas. Any issues i had with didn't involve work ethic. Its possible these coaches worked hard but just weren't very good

My contention is he let his personal favoritism get in the way of objective evaluation of his coaching staff...

My contention is he let his personal favoritism get in the way of objective evaluation of his coaching staff...

Show me a single coach in the NFL that doesn't favor his staff regardless of their downfalls.

You act like HC's fire their entire staff every year if they dont perform.

When's the last time you read about a HC cleaning house and hiring a whole new staff? If that happens you can bet that the HC is out on his ass looking for a job as well.

He values personal loyalty (kiss ups) over real talent and work ethic... You don't keep shitheads like Sheridan on your staff for so long unless you have issues... judgement issues. Now supposedly humans on the whole are supposed to be wiser as they age.. and learn from prior mistakes... the guy wasn't exactly in his 30s... Good luck to him... but I'm not going to sit here and say he's the greatest coach... granted not too many coaches out there have 2 trophies... It's just weird thinking we could have had probably 4 trophies instead of just 2.

:ThinkingScratchHead2-small: Sheridan was the D coordinator for exactly 1 season.

From 2005 to 2008 he was the linebackers coach for the NFL's New York Giants. In 2009, he was the defensive coordinator for the New York Giants.

Prior to being the defensive coordinator he was the Giants linebackers coach. Sheridan replaced Steve Spagnuolo after he left to take the head coaching position with the St. Louis Rams. Sheridan had been the linebackers coach for the Giants for the previous four seasons after his hiring in 2005. Giants head coach Tom Coughlin promoted Sheridan over secondary coach Peter Giunta. He was fired on January 4, 2010, after the Giants defense slipped as the team dropped 8 of their last 11 games and allowed 40 points on five different occasions, a franchise record.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Sheridan

Way to kill a rant with facts backed up by links dude :TD:

Bill Sheridan was good a positional coach but the bigger game still elusive. They're loving him over in Detroit for the job he did last season.

Dude?

yeah, there were holes on that D by the end of the season too though. Through 12 games, I was thinking Lombardi, no doubt. Then Burress. And Antonio Pierce completely hit the wall, suddenly he couldn't do shit out there.

Let's not forget Kevin Killdrive calling 40+ passes in 40+ MPH winds in the playoffs... against the Eagles... when Jacobs and Bradshaw were putting up 6 yards a clip.

Thought he was gonna show Al Davis how fucking smart he was and be the next Raiders coach. How'd that one work out for ya, Gilly?

Let's not forget Kevin Killdrive calling 40+ passes in 40+ MPH winds in the playoffs... against the Eagles... when Jacobs and Bradshaw were putting up 6 yards a clip.

Thought he was gonna show Al Davis how fucking smart he was and be the next Raiders coach. How'd that one work out for ya, Gilly?

The game that shall not be forgotten or forgiven :(

I'd prefer to forget, LOL.

This again.

Total Yards:

PHI 276

NYG 307

Possession:

PHI 29:45

NYG 30:15

Turnovers:

PHI 2

NYG 3

Yards Passing:

PHI 217

NYG 169

Passing Attempts:

McNabb 40

Eli 29

Yards Rushing:

PHI 59

NYG 138

So riddle me this; how did McNabb throw more and for less YPP (5.4 to Eli's 5.8) and win the game? Also the Giants more than doubled the Eagles rushing yards. Stupid Gilbride.

Burress was such a huge part of the offense that I can't discount his loss. Plus it seemed to totally take the air out of the rest of the team

Sadly we were a one-man team as we all saw. still don't understand how they let it happen the way they did.

This again.

Total Yards:

PHI 276

NYG 307

Possession:

PHI 29:45

NYG 30:15

Turnovers:

PHI 2

NYG 3

Yards Passing:

PHI 217

NYG 169

Passing Attempts:

McNabb 40

Eli 29

Yards Rushing:

PHI 59

NYG 138

So riddle me this; how did McNabb throw more and for less YPP (5.4 to Eli's 5.8) and win the game? Also the Giants more than doubled the Eagles rushing yards. Stupid Gilbride.

Yes, this again... and again, I'm not the only one who thinks so. But you're correct, it wasn't 40 passes, it was closer to 30.

And it was Ward, not Bradshaw.

Rushing Car Yds Avg TDs B. Jacobs 19 92 4.8 0 D. Ward 12 46 3.8 0

Also, when two playoff QBs are throwing five picks and there's two missed field goals... it might be too windy for "intermediate to deep" passes all day. Al Davis seemed to think so.

We can argue this forever but Herc already stated the real issue and it's not the coaching. We all love to bash Gilbride but Boss was the leading receiver in that game. Losing Burress would be like losing OBJ last year. There was nobody that could replace him on that team (sadly Hixon or Toomer weren't going to get it done). Also it's 4 INTs because Smith had a fumble. :P

We can argue this forever but Herc already stated the real issue and it's not the coaching. We all love to bash Gilbride but Boss was the leading receiver in that game. Losing Burress would be like losing OBJ last year. There was nobody that could replace him on that team (sadly Hixon or Toomer weren't going to get it done). Also it's 4 INTs because Smith had a fumble. :P

I believe arguing forever is part of the TOS you agreed to.

Beat me to it. I am unhappy with your reasonable, measured reply to my comments, Wolf. You need less factual analysis and more name calling, you fart-face (like that).

Beat me to it. I am unhappy with your reasonable, measured reply to my comments, Wolf. You need less factual analysis and more name calling, you fart-face (like that).

Hey you're not supposed to agree with anyone... argue now :rules: