SportsWrath

We signed a RB

Lughead

I think most people are forgetting that in quite a few games when our OL went into the trap style of run blocking - we actually were damn effective running the ball. The Dallas game we ran it down their throats for example. For some reason we just didnt use that style more often. What we need is a running game plan - not just RBs and OL. Because for the last 2 seasons we have been piss poor at planning the running game.

I think most people are forgetting that in quite a few games when our OL went into the trap style of run blocking - we actually were damn effective running the ball. The Dallas game we ran it down their throats for example. For some reason we just didnt use that style more often. What we need is a running game plan - not just RBs and OL. Because for the last 2 seasons we have been piss poor at planning the running game.

Great point. I think a lot of OCs tend to focus on the passing game and by default getting away from the old fashioned smash mouth grind it out kindda football. There's no creativity to our run game... or most teams' run game for that matter... Heck if I was McAdoo, I'd study Dallas' game tapes left and right... It's not about how big a player is.. it's all about technique for the most part.

Yep, 2nd half of the 1st game of the season was an amazing display of how to execute a running game. Then nothing.

I think we simply matched up better the few times our running game worked.

Our running game was pathetic regardless of blocking tactics. The stats don't tell the whole story. For instance, our avg yards per rush were definitely inflated by the 3rd and 11 McAdoo patented give-up draws (where teams were so stunned we were even trying to run it and not pass), in addition to the 3rd and 18 draws after a holding penalty and/or sack the previous down.

Our running game was pathetic regardless of blocking tactics. The stats don't tell the whole story. For instance, our avg yards per rush were definitely inflated by the 3rd and 11 McAdoo patented give-up draws (where teams were so stunned we were even trying to run it and not pass), in addition to the 3rd and 18 draws after a holding penalty and/or sack the previous down.

But that's applicable to every team.

Yeah I remember commenting on that as well. Turns out John Jerry is a really good pulling guard.