SportsWrath

Giants Gearing Up To Sign JPP?

Gman329

Dude is good.. but I'm not sure we can go into the season with him being the starter...

Have to give these young players the opportunity to win these jobs. I don't think it is smart to dump another $50-60 into the defensive end position at this time. JPP wants a long term contract and I believe he deserves one. Giants should be able to find a veteran at a lower cost. Okwara, Wynn, Odighizuwa, should be capable of replacing JPP.

I don't know man, maybe I am getting a little too sentimental about JPP, but I have a hard time imagining a way to improve the team while losing that guy. Maybe if it was a choice between JPP and, for example, Joe Thomas. But... I don't think there is anybody at a position of need in even remotely the same league as JPP.

I don't know man, maybe I am getting a little too sentimental about JPP, but I have a hard time imagining a way to improve the team while losing that guy. Maybe if it was a choice between JPP and, for example, Joe Thomas. But... I don't think there is anybody at a position of need in even remotely the same league as JPP.

yeah i agree- i can see if they made a legitimate run at him and he gets greedy and goes to Miami for the money. But I think he's just becoming an all around smart player. He was much improved against the run and screen. Teams were giving him the Strahan treatment of staying away, which made Vernon all the more dangerous. I'd like to see 7 finger Pierre back with us

Have to give these young players the opportunity to win these jobs. I don't think it is smart to dump another $50-60 into the defensive end position at this time. JPP wants a long term contract and I believe he deserves one. Giants should be able to find a veteran at a lower cost. Okwara, Wynn, Odighizuwa, should be capable of replacing JPP.

I agree Plus .. If Snacks gets hurt I would want Hankins there ready to fill the void. Also JPP turned down a better deal from AZ in 2016 . So what is the amount and length of a contract is his Agent is asking for? he wants a multi year deal 3 years , 5 years? I dont know if its been stated has it?

I agree Plus .. If Snacks gets hurt I would want Hankins there ready to fill the void. Also JPP turned down a better deal from AZ in 2016 . So what is the amount and length of a contract is his Agent is asking for? he wants a multi year deal 3 years , 5 years? I dont know if its been stated has it?

Hankins is also a free agent this year and he can walk for big money as far as I'm concerned. He had one great season and has been good and yet not better playing next to guys like Vernon, Harrison and Pierre-Paul. I'd rather get help at other positions than re-sign Hankins to a multi-year contract.

And is probably worth more now, after having a better than many expected 2016.

Do we have any idea what that contract from AZ looked like?

Hey, why not keep the offense on the field longer and get 6 pts instead of 3? :cool:

how many stalled drives did this team have in 2016?