SportsWrath

Lastings Milledge to Make Long-Awaited Major League Debut!

Blue Jeans

Nady to the DL.

Let's hope Milledge isn't another Alex Escober. Though he certainly is not the best outfield "phenom" since Ken Griffey. He's not even the best OF phenom currently in baseball.

Nady to the DL.

Let's hope Milledge isn't another Alex Escober. Though he certainly is not the best outfield "phenom" since Ken Griffey. He's not even the best OF phenom currently in baseball.

Still no reason to not be excited!

Alex Escobar :TD:

Tonights Probable Lineup...

Reyes

Lo Duca (A must play tonight, day off tomorrow)

Beltran

Delgado

Wright

Floyd

Woodward

Milledge

Soler

Future #2 hitter in the 8th spot tonight. Hope he shines.

Tonights Probable Lineup...

Reyes

Lo Duca (A must play tonight, day off tomorrow)

Beltran

Delgado

Wright

Floyd

Woodward

Milledge

Soler

Future #2 hitter in the 8th spot tonight. Hope he shines.

He won't get much to hit batting 8th. I hope he doesn't get over anxious and swing at balls out of the zone just to try and impress.

Sadly this means the departure of Floyd or Nady losing his job within the next couple of weeks if Edge does good. My bets are on Floyd being traded and Edge getting the left field job... if that doesn't happen I hope Nady can play 2B.

Like Wright when he made his anticipated debut, Milledge has been struggling in Triple AAA. Nerves are going to get him tonight, and I expect him to go 0-4 for something like that. But I really hope we keep him and let him blossom into a star.

Mets.com is reporting that Nady will be able to play baseball in 7 to 10 days. I don't see Milledge in the bigs being permanent this year. Why trade Floyd this year? The top 6 hitters in the lineup are sick. Any one of them can win a game with one swing. Why mess with that. Floyd's coming out of his funk and will hit stride. Milledge can get some work in the majors in the next few games, and when they bring him up for expanded rosters in the playoffs. :TU:

Tell me that's not sarcasm :brooding:

i am serious, i have a milledge card and I was going to go to the Pawtucket Red Sox game to get it signed. It's like 5 minutes from my house. Norfolk is there today.

Like Wright when he made his anticipated debut, Milledge has been struggling in Triple AAA. Nerves are going to get him tonight, and I expect him to go 0-4 for something like that. But I really hope we keep him and let him blossom into a star.

nah I expect atleast one hit...

He looked really comftorable up there today. Not too fond of his gigantic cross. Looks like a Barry Bonds type of guy in his early years.

He has some good pop in that bat for sure.

Yeah man, what's up with that cross. He's like Flava Flav but with a giant cross instead of a clock. He's got a nice level line drive swing.

he's got an ego, i remember when he came into the pawtucket game and was acting like he was better than every1, wouldn't even sign an autograph

Most of the good ones are like that at a young immature age. Jeter and Wright are the exceptions to that rule.