SportsWrath

francis a knick

jambrosio

Steve Francis is headed to New York under a deal agreed to Wednesday by the Knicks and the Orlando Magic, ESPN.com has learned.

The teams agreed to a trade of Francis for Penny Hardaway and Trevor Ariza, two league sources with knowledge of the deal told ESPN.com.

The trade was expected to be announced later Wednesday afternoon after being called in to the league office.

In New York, Francis will be paired with Stephon Marbury as the highest-paid backcourt duo in the NBA.

The Knicks were still talking with several other clubs as team president Isiah Thomas worked at remaking a roster that has stumbled to the league's second-worst record, 15-37.

For the Magic, the trade will provide salary cap relief to a franchise that can now go further beneath the cap than any of the league's 30 teams in the summer of 2007 when a bumper crop of free agents will be on the market, giving Orlando several options in figuring out how to rebuild around 20-year-old power forward Dwight Howard.

Marbury and Francis together????

this moves assures that the Knicks will be nowhere close to playoff contention for the next few years....kudos Zeke

Ahh, what the hell...

It's not like we could be any worse. Who knows? Maybe things will get better.

if im a knick fan i'd rather trade crawford and mo taylor and keep penny's contract in hopes of getting garnett with it, but if that's not possible theni guess you gotta get value for penny's contract while you can.

in either case, the knicks now have a good backcourt and marbury doesn't have the pressure of being the team's best player anymore

Iracist is out of his fucking mind. I guess he plans on screwing Dolan right before he gets fired.

Ill tell you one thing, the knocks will now set records for 3 second violations. They should average at least 7 a night with Rose, Marbury and Fancis on the floor. Poor Eddy Curry will be stranded in the pain awaiting the pass he will never recieve while the whistles blow for the 3 second vilolation. I hear Iracist is going to have a deal worked out with Dever to bring in K Mart before the day is through. Great, adding over 100 mil in salary in just a few hours. Fuck you Iracist

Great Lil Penny reference blunatic.....

Mike and Dog callin it the Anti Larry team ..Rose ..Marbury ..and Francis ...noone plays defense...they're calling on a cap moratorium for 2010 cause they are capped out till then.

Edited by Blader

Sad thing is... that lineup looks awesome on paper. Yet, it's not all about how it looks on paper and Isiah should know that by now.

Like Bleedin said yesterday, the line-up can be good! Just because all the others one's haven't, this one could be but it is all dependant on Isiah. He makes trades just to make trades and it destroys the chemistry of the team. If he could just sit and let things flow, some cohesion, to use the words of the Great Walt Clyde, might occur creating a half-decent team.

this trade all depends on francis and marbury. marbury must now switch to the 2 because francis has no jumpshot. i have no idea if francis can play defense though. i remember he could in college but that was a while ago. they just need to create shots for curry and frye and they could potentially be better than the disaster we are predicting

Steve Francis is headed to New York under a deal agreed to Wednesday by the Knicks and the Orlando Magic, ESPN.com has learned.

The teams agreed to a trade of Francis for Penny Hardaway and Trevor Ariza, two league sources with knowledge of the deal told ESPN.com.

The trade was expected to be announced later Wednesday afternoon after being called in to the league office.

In New York, Francis will be paired with Stephon Marbury as the highest-paid backcourt duo in the NBA.

The Knicks were still talking with several other clubs as team president Isiah Thomas worked at remaking a roster that has stumbled to the league's second-worst record, 15-37.

For the Magic, the trade will provide salary cap relief to a franchise that can now go further beneath the cap than any of the league's 30 teams in the summer of 2007 when a bumper crop of free agents will be on the market, giving Orlando several options in figuring out how to rebuild around 20-year-old power forward Dwight Howard.

I don't know who would really want Penny or Francis...I'm a Magic fan, and all I ever see from Francis is a ballhogging/turnover machine/loud-mouthed trouble maker.... Penny is an injury ridden over-priced piece of shit... ever since his first surgery in 1997 he has never been the same... and for the Magic to even WANT him back baffles me as much as them rehiring Brian Hill... whatever, both the Magic and Knicks messed up IMO.. has Penny even played desent in NY?? and who is Trevor Ariza?? is he any good?