SportsWrath

With the 23rd pick in the draft, The NY Giants pick...

fringe

I don't think the Browns want to trade him.

He's a good player who actually wants to stay a brown. They aren't exactly strapped for cap space and they will probably have a new qb who's blindside they should protect.

Glenn and Armstead both signed long term deals.

Best OT available is Whitworth and he's 35 I hope the Giants look at Riley Reiff or just re-sign Newhouse.

There is some good guards available though like T.J Lang, Kevin Zeitler, Ronald Leary and Austin Pasztor. Brian Winters was mixed in this group but Jets just signed him to an extension for $8 mill per year

Did they?

Fuck outside of the Gints I havent kept up much with the rest of the league.

I don't think the Browns want to trade him.

He's a good player who actually wants to stay a brown. They aren't exactly strapped for cap space and they will probably have a new qb who's blindside they should protect.

I'd rather draft our own guy and develop him then trade for a 32 year old Thomas. Thomas would be a stop gap and then in two years were looking for another tackle

Well, that's unfortunate because they've invested a lot of resources to those guys.

I don't really understand what you guys want to happen. I guess we could just keep tossing high draft picks at the offensive line...but then our defense will eventually wane. Wait a second...

The line is league average and serviceable. However, Mcadoo did nothing with the design of the offense to mitigate the pressure or lack of run game. Not sure why our run offense revolved around sending our backs up the ass of the nearest lineman instead of maybe running off tackle, pulling guards, counters, etc.

It's not for a lack of JR trying in the draft...it's his inability to draft good ones, and/or the coaches inability to develop the players. I'm not sure what the exact cause is, but I do know we need to fill in a starting capable LT, and RT, plus RG as well. Maybe Flowers is the RT or RG, but he's clearly not the solution at LT (not even short term).

Given the investment of recent high draft picks on the OL, I'd hope JR signs two OL free agents to fill in the other spots, then maybe draft in middle-late rounds for depth and development potential.

2 years is when we'll be looking for a new quarterback. We're a couple of pieces away from playing in this weekend's game a year from now

Exactly get your Oline together now. I think they'll draft a QB next year though if they like a guy enough I'm thinking Luke Falk from WSU

Daniel Jeremiah has Giants taking Gerald Everett

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/mock-drafts/daniel-jeremiah/330601?pickId=2557983

ROUND 1

Draft 2016 - Mock Drafts - Daniel Jeremiah NFL.COM | Jan 18th

DANIEL JEREMIAH

Cleveland Browns 1. Myles Garrett OLB Texas A&M

San Francisco 49ers

2. Mitch Trubisky QB North Carolina

Chicago Bears

3. Jonathan Allen DE Alabama

Jacksonville Jaguars

4. Jamal Adams S LSU

Tennessee Titans

5. Marshon Lattimore CB Ohio St.

New York Jets

6. DeShone Kizer QB Notre Dame

Los Angeles Chargers

7. Malik Hooker S Ohio St.

Carolina Panthers

8. Leonard Fournette RB LSU

Cincinnati Bengals

9. Reuben Foster LB Alabama

Buffalo Bills

10. Corey Davis WR Western Michigan

New Orleans Saints

11. Tre'Davious White CB LSU

Cleveland Browns

12. Dalvin Cook RB Florida St.

Arizona Cardinals

13. Sidney Jones CB Washington

Indianapolis Colts

14. Derek Barnett DE Tennessee

Philadelphia Eagles

15. Mike Williams WR Clemson

Baltimore Ravens

16. Quincy Wilson CB Florida

Washington Redskins

17. Solomon Thomas DE Stanford

Tennessee Titans

18. David Njoku TE Miami

Tampa Bay Buccaneers

19. Charles Harris DE Missouri

Denver Broncos

20. Ryan Ramczyk T Wisconsin

Detroit Lions

21. Taco Charlton DE Michigan

Miami Dolphins

22. T.J. Watt LB Wisconsin

New York Giants

23. Gerald Everett TE South Alabama

Oakland Raiders

24. Teez Tabor CB Florida

Houston Texans

25. Deshaun Watson QB Clemson

Seattle Seahawks

26. Garett Bolles OT Utah

Kansas City Chiefs

27. Jarrad Davis LB Florida

Dallas Cowboys

28. Takkarist McKinley OLB UCLA

Green Bay Packers

29. Alvin Kamara RB Tennessee

Pittsburgh Steelers

30. O.J. Howard TE Alabama

Atlanta Falcons

31. Gareon Conley CB Ohio St.

New England Patriots

32. Christian McCaffrey RB Stanford

Daniel Jeremiah has Giants taking Gerald Everett

gerald-everett-south-alabama.jpg

As a NFL prospect, Everett is an above-average athlete for the position with effortless acceleration off the line and in/out of his route breaks. He uses functional lean in his patterns to burst off his plant foot and square off routes, giving his quarterback a clean target. With his slender, athletic body type, Everett doesn't have ideal size for the position, but he isn't intimidated by contested situations and shows off fierce, aggressive hands as a blocker. Although he will have the occasional focus drop, he has acrobatic ball skills to make tough grabs look easy and secures well in stride to turn short gains into long plays.

According to NFLDraftScout.com, Everett is currently ranked as the No. 11 senior tight end prospect and potential Day 3 selection in the 2017 NFL Draft.

What NFL Scouts are saying

"That USA program got a boost when No. 12 decided to transfer there. Smooth athlete. Powerful strides. I'll bet my paycheck he comes out on top when left alone in single coverage." -- AFC North scout

Did somebody say block?

The TE from Miami and VA Tech look intriguing, may even be very late 1st round material. Howard has been an overall disappointment and never lived up to expectations at Alabama. But how much of that is due to them not leveraging him enough in the gameplan versus him just not putting it together?

Others on here have suggested Leggett from Clemson in the 2nd, so I'll need to youtube him.

Not enough shown from Jerrell Adams to really make that call. I think an outside WR opposite Beckham, putting Shepard in the slot with a dual purpose TE is ideal for this offense. I don't think Adams was bad...but he wasn't good enough to draw attention away from the WRs and he wasn't good enough to make a big difference in run blocking.