SportsWrath

Fuck the Eagles and fuck the officiating in this game.

Sephiroth

All you gunts fans are butthurt about some calls. When we played in NJ and Wentz was nailed with two hands to the face on the last drive of the game there was no call from the officials. You thought that was fine, Karma guys.Your QB had over 350 yds passing and your superman OBjr had 150 alone. Why doesn't that add up to a win especially when our QB only had 150 yds and we were 4 for 12 on 3rd down conversions? I guess I'd be pissed too and would be looking for a scapegoat like the officials or the ratings conspiracy. :D

All you gunts fans are butthurt about some calls. When we played in NJ and Wentz was nailed with two hands to the face on the last drive of the game there was no call from the officials. You thought that was fine, Karma guys.Your QB had over 350 yds passing and your superman OBjr had 150 alone. Why doesn't that add up to a win especially when our QB only had 150 yds and we were 4 for 12 on 3rd down conversions? I guess I'd be pissed too and would be looking for a scapegoat like the officials or the ratings conspiracy. :D

Congrats on the win. Also, congratulations on the next three years of erroneously thinking that you have a franchise QB, lol

I'm not sure I did think it was fine, but usually those missed calls even out. Although, I do think the 'touching the QB's helmet' penalty is one of the more feeble forms of personal foul in the game.... a hand brushing against a helmet shouldn't be a penalty. That doesn't mean the officials didn't miss it though.

As for last night, it does look pretty shady, sstempy.... the line moved sharply just before game time, and then we have a game with very obviously one-sided officiating? I sure don't want to see a points shaving scandal.

We lost because Eli threw 1 TD and 3 INTs instead of the opposite. We can still be upset about the bullshit calls though.

The Wentz non-call you reference was after the ball was out of his hand and it didn't affect the play. The holding foul we're pissed about directly prevented a 1st down catch and was also far less subtle. You didn't need replay to see it.

1) Firstly , Congratulations to The Eagles for the Win

2) Secondly , Fuck the Eagles

3) Thirdly , Fuck the Refs

4) Finally , Fuck our O Line ........we are not going anywhere in the playoffs on the road this year ( if we make the playoffs )

Bloody frustrated !

regards

UK

1 penalty. 5 yards.

enough said.

And the Eagles DBs were playing very physical, all game. How they went all game without even a holding call, I have no idea.

Its not like the officials were calling a whole lot on the Giants either though, its just that what they did call they got very, very wrong. The roughing penalties were egregious errors, on one the QB obviously flopped after basically sliding into the defensive player (flopping should be an unsportsmanlike flag, IMO.... this isn't fucking soccer. And yes, I know about Beckham....), and on the other the defensive player contacted the QB before the ball even left his hand. 'Driving into the ground', what the fuck ever, we saw Wentz escape twice on other plays where he wasn't forced to the ground, so what is the defense supposed to do anymore?

I thought the game was called fairly equal. Sure, there were calls that could have been made, but I think they could have been made both ways. Refs let the players play I thought.

That said, I agree that Wentz was down on his slide. I agree that Apple pulled up and that it should not have been a penalty. I also agree that Shepard was interfered with on the 4th down play. Calls should have been made in some of those situations. But, if I were an Eagles fan, I could probably identify 3 or 4 plays that should've been called against the Giants and were not. So at the end of the game, I'm not here thinking that we were playing against the Eagles AND the refs.

Rather, I think that we beat ourselves. There were drops by the WRs. There were clear misses on Eli's part. Eli threw into double coverage a lot. The pick-6 may have been more than double coverage. How he even saw a white jersey on that one is beyond me. Eli at times, has got be deciding in the huddle who he's going to throw to regardless of the defense. The quick shot to the outside where I think either Shepard or Cruz caught it, but was immediately tackled...could have been another pick 6 or catch/fumble. The throw was NOT there, but Eli threw it anyway. Further, the decision in the 4th quarter to kick the field goal instead of going for it on 4th down...AFTER you've already converted 1 4th down earlier in the drive...I think they should have gone for it again. The offense was moving the ball. There was confidence. It was 4th and 3 as opposed to 4th and 5. What was the deciding factor? I don't know, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was a lack of preparedness for the ensuing 2-pt conversion. It was seriously like, if we score a TD, we have no 2-pt play, so we better play for 10 points and the win instead of 8 points and the tie. McAdoo made the wrong call there as far as I'm concerned.

Despite all that, I'm happy we were able to run the ball a little more effectively than we have been lately.

I thought the game was called fairly equal. Sure, there were calls that could have been made, but I think they could have been made both ways. Refs let the players play I thought.

That said, I agree that Wentz was down on his slide. I agree that Apple pulled up and that it should not have been a penalty. I also agree that Shepard was interfered with on the 4th down play. Calls should have been made in some of those situations. But, if I were an Eagles fan, I could probably identify 3 or 4 plays that should've been called against the Giants and were not. So at the end of the game, I'm not here thinking that we were playing against the Eagles AND the refs.

Rather, I think that we beat ourselves. There were drops by the WRs. There were clear misses on Eli's part. Eli threw into double coverage a lot. The pick-6 may have been more than double coverage. How he even saw a white jersey on that one is beyond me. Eli at times, has got be deciding in the huddle who he's going to throw to regardless of the defense. The quick shot to the outside where I think either Shepard or Cruz caught it, but was immediately tackled...could have been another pick 6 or catch/fumble. The throw was NOT there, but Eli threw it anyway. Further, the decision in the 4th quarter to kick the field goal instead of going for it on 4th down...AFTER you've already converted 1 4th down earlier in the drive...I think they should have gone for it again. The offense was moving the ball. There was confidence. It was 4th and 3 as opposed to 4th and 5. What was the deciding factor? I don't know, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was a lack of preparedness for the ensuing 2-pt conversion. It was seriously like, if we score a TD, we have no 2-pt play, so we better play for 10 points and the win instead of 8 points and the tie. McAdoo made the wrong call there as far as I'm concerned.

Despite all that, I'm happy we were able to run the ball a little more effectively than we have been lately.

If Eli's doesn't commit the pick 6, all other things being equal, the giants win the game 19-17 in typical 2016 nailbiter fashion....despite the refs, piss poor OL, drops etc.

Last night (less the refs) was a pretty good representation of how and why this team will get beat in the playoffs, and why this team will not go far.

- They'd have to play practically MISTAKE FREE for any chance of winning against playoff competition. We basically lost because of ONE mistake - Eli's pick 6...if not for that mistake, all things being equal, we win the game 19-17. In general, the offense isn't good enough to put up the points necessary to mask such mistakes.

- The OL, particularly the right side, simply can't protect Eli in OBVIOUS PASSING SITUATIONS...so when they're down late in the game, in obvious passing situations, DLs'/Pass Rushers can just tee-off. Eli clearly has happy feet and doesn't trust his OL.

- The offense is too inconsistent in general to hold on to the ball. Far too many three and outs. You don't need to score on every drive, but at least get a first down or two on occasional drives, and FLIP the FIELD POSITION.

Kind of makes the people who asked for a Josh Sitton signing look like they might have had a clue.

I think McAdoo/Eli is actually doing a decent job of covering up how terrible this line really is.

Will Beatty must really suck these days because there's no way I wouldn't at least try a line with Beatty at RT after watching Bobby Hart get driven 5 yards backward on bull rushes, almost getting knocked on his ass.

Will Beatty must really suck these days because there's no way I wouldn't at least try a line with Beatty at RT after watching Bobby Hart get driven 5 yards backward on bull rushes, almost getting knocked on his ass.

heh, yeah.... a couple years ago he was a starting left tackle, now he can't beat out a guy who almost wasn't even drafted.

A running game would do so much for this team. Giants can still make the playoffs while the Eagles will watch on the couch.

According to my analysis, 6 things have to happen in order for the Giants to miss the playoffs... all 6 (correct me if you guys think I'm wrong):

1. The Giants have to lose to the Redskins next week.
  2. Dallas has to lose to Detroit.
  3. Green Bay has twin against the Vikings.
  4. Green Bay has to win against Detroit.
  5. Tampa bay has to beat the Saints.
  6. Tampa Bay has to beat the Panthers.

Now all of the above happening are a real possibility I think.