SportsWrath

You know who would be a great fit to put opposite Odell?

Gman329

Yeah, let's use our remaining cap on a WR and not OL....that way, they'll look real good as Eli throws those 5 yard routes to Marshall or Jeffrey just after our 1 yard shotgun draw plays, and just before the inevitable 3rd down holding penalty/sack/or Eli throwing the ball away under heavy pressure.

I don't get that we have to make a choice between one or the other.... We can walk and chew gum at the same time and I think the FO can and will find a way to improve many positions including OL and WR... as per usual they will see what they can get in FA at a fair value and whatever they can't, there's always the draft and the later signings...

I don't get that we have to make a choice between one or the other.... We can walk and chew gum at the same time and I think the FO can and will find a way to improve many positions including OL and WR... as per usual they will see what they can get in FA at a fair value and whatever they can't, there's always the draft and the later signings...

We only have 13-14 million remaining in cap space.

That's assuming we don't make further moves...

One potential move is releasing JT Thomas, which would free up an additional $3mm from my understanding. I'm not sure what other moves there might be (maybe JPP at a long term deal lowers his year 1 cap hit), but that puts us at ~17 million. Might be difficult to sign both a WR and OL, and if I had to pick one or the other, I still say OL. We can draft WR, and this draft is fairly good for WRs.

They are reporting we have interest in Pryor.

Seems unlikely but would be awesome.

I'd be concerned with Pryor, believe he was called a flash in the pan and I agree with that assessment.

I don't see why.

The guy has probably been the hardest working WR in the NFL since the position change.

He has exactly one season of notable stats at WR and plans on turning that into a big contract.

If Marshall is willing to come in at a decent price, its a no brainer, you bring the guy in. Why let Cruz go if you are not gonna make a big improvement?

I agree with those saying without improvements to the 0-line it doesn't much matter, but I gotta believe we can find a way to do both. One monster LT will improve the 0-line big time.

Really think they screwed the pooch tagging JP. That kinda money would have made our offense sick. We had some amazing games last year without JP. While its great to have him back again, I really hope its not at the expense of the most glaring needs on the team.