SportsWrath

Flowers is a bust

UK-Giantsfan

The point I think is this...we need to go out into FA looking for a LT. We can't simply rely on wishful thinking for Flowers to get better at LT.

We had three come in and go because they wanted to play LT and the Giants want Flowers at LT. Giants need to go out in free agency and sign a RT. It is not matter of wishful thinking that Flowers is going to improve, Flowers is improving and hopeful will continue to improve. I'm not convinced Bobby Hart is the answer on the other end of the line and John Jerry hasn't been the answer at RG since he arrived. I think Solari is going to get the guys he wants this offseason for that offensive line in the draft.

We had three come in and go because they wanted to play LT and the Giants want Flowers at LT. Giants need to go out in free agency and sign a RT. It is not matter of wishful thinking that Flowers is going to improve, Flowers is improving and hopeful will continue to improve. I'm not convinced Bobby Hart is the answer on the other end of the line and Jerry Jones hasn't been the answer at RG since he arrived. I think Solari is going to get the guys he wants this offseason for that offensive line in the draft.

That incessant want needs to end after this season of him failing miserably there for two seasons...

That incessant want needs to end after this season of him failing miserably there for two seasons...

I don't think the Gints should give up on him, I just feel like they should have someone to replace him until he learns how to play the fucking position.

I mean we fans always give up on plays after a couple seasons.

Then again I was the guy who always wanted to give Moss one more year.....

He is not failing at the position by Giants standards. He was there with Coughlin, again with McAdoo, the organization is 100% behind Flowers so far. Clearly it is institutional stubbornness. :giants:

We had three come in and go because they wanted to play LT and the Giants want Flowers at LT. Giants need to go out in free agency and sign a RT. It is not matter of wishful thinking that Flowers is going to improve, Flowers is improving and hopeful will continue to improve. I'm not convinced Bobby Hart is the answer on the other end of the line and Jerry Jones hasn't been the answer at RG since he arrived. I think Solari is going to get the guys he wants this offseason for that offensive line in the draft.

Temp, I can see your point.. however I think the LT spot needs to be earned. Flowers hasn't earned it and I think it's best we look to improve the LT spot while he plays the RT... Then in a couple of years he may earn that LT spot.... Clock is ticking on Eli and there's no guarantee we'll land our next franchise QB when he retires...

Love the idea of bringing in somebody who could actually compete for the LT job but it's not like there's a parade of legitimate candidates waiting to come through the door. LTs are tough to find.

I'm looking at the coaching staff first. His technique is attrocious.

The problem is he literally got one of the best Oline coaches in the league fired because "he didnt like his coaching style"

The same guy who coached up one of the best Oline units the Gints have ever had in their history.

Kid is a fucking mess from all forms of technique, foot positioning and even how he engages defenders, shit that's taught in highschool.

He's been told his entire playing career just to go out and man handle people since he outsized everyone, now that he's playing with the big boys he has no advantage anymore, and no technique to rely on.

The problem is he literally got one of the best Oline coaches in the league fired because "he didnt like his coaching style"

The same guy who coached up one of the best Oline units the Gints have ever had in their history.

Kid is a fucking mess from all forms of technique, foot positioning and even how he engages defenders, shit that's taught in highschool.

He's been told his entire playing career just to go out and man handle people since he outsized everyone, now that he's playing with the big boys he has no advantage anymore, and no technique to rely on.

I'm not even sure I'd give credence to that story.. you really think the FO would just fire one of the best coaches because of one of the players? I'm a firm believer in looking at the body of work when assessing performance... So I'm not too sure that story is accurate and if it's, there's some fuck up shit going on.

I'm not even sure I'd give credence to that story.. you really think the FO would just fire one of the best coaches because of one of the players? I'm a firm believer in looking at the body of work when assessing performance... So I'm not too sure that story is accurate and if it's, there's some fuck up shit going on.

Flaherty was released with the transition from Coughlin to MacAttack but it was no secret Flowers didnt like the guy or his coaching style.

MacAttack hired our current Oline coach Solari? and well you can see the work he's doing on the field every week.

All for nothing but you don't release a guy who coaches some of the best lineman the Giants have ever had just for the "lulz I'm a new coach"

Temp, I can see your point.. however I think the LT spot needs to be earned. Flowers hasn't earned it and I think it's best we look to improve the LT spot while he plays the RT... Then in a couple of years he may earn that LT spot.... Clock is ticking on Eli and there's no guarantee we'll land our next franchise QB when he retires...

I can't argue with the logic that the LT position needs to earned. Flowers was handed the job and the Giants organization is ok with that. I don't want Flowers to fail so the Giants might find another tackle and for all the great thinking that goes on around here, well who pays attention besides us.

Flaherty was released with the transition from Coughlin to MacAttack but it was no secret Flowers didnt like the guy or his coaching style.

MacAttack hired our current Oline coach Solari? and well you can see the work he's doing on the field every week.

All for nothing but you don't release a guy who coaches some of the best lineman the Giants have ever had just for the "lulz I'm a new coach"

I think the offensive line played better with Flaherty but McAdoo wanted to go in another direction, just wish it wasn't backwards and sideways. Definitely want to see what happens this offseason because the rebuilding of the offensive line is not a finished project.

I think the offensive line played better with Flaherty but McAdoo wanted to go in another direction, just wish is wasn't backwards and sideways. Definitely want to see what happens this offseason because the rebuilding of the offensive line is not a finished project.

Yeah I'm not giving up on Flowers or the Oline.

I mean before 2005 no one would expect the Oline to become the best in the league (coached by Flaherty) but all it took was the addition of McKenzie and keeping the core of Snee/Diehl/Ohara together.

I have total faith in Pugh/Richburg, I think they are starters in the NFL and damn good football players. Flowers can get there but so far I'm not impressed for a top 10 draft pick, and I'm willing to give rookies their contract time to prove themselves.

I just never was a Flowers fan, everything I read was about how little he knew of technique and it's showing, unfortunately that falls on coaching as well, the kid just hasnt been taught how to play a LT in the NFL yet.

I think his technique has actually gotten WORSE this year. He was doing better last season as an injured rookie.

Yeah I'm not giving up on Flowers or the Oline.

I mean before 2005 no one would expect the Oline to become the best in the league (coached by Flaherty) but all it took was the addition of McKenzie and keeping the core of Snee/Diehl/Ohara together.

I have total faith in Pugh/Richburg, I think they are starters in the NFL and damn good football players. Flowers can get there but so far I'm not impressed for a top 10 draft pick, and I'm willing to give rookies their contract time to prove themselves.

I just never was a Flowers fan, everything I read was about how little he knew of technique and it's showing, unfortunately that falls on coaching as well, the kid just hasnt been taught how to play a LT in the NFL yet.

I was on Flowers side... I wanted us to draft him and I'm glad we did... the kid needs some coaching and I think he will be a beast in the near future...

• 3 weeks later...