SportsWrath

Josh Brown

UK-Giantsfan

Well I mean isnt it the innocent before proven guilty thing one of the damming cries among the USA at the moment?

Outside of the wife's testimony and the investigation the first round there was no evidence to find that Brown was guilty of repeated physical abuse.

It wasnt until she released the journal and emails, which I don't know why she didnt the first round, that there was any sort of proof of anything.

I mean the guy is a scumbag deserving of anything he gets thrown his way, but I don't fault the NFL for not pulling the trigger when the only thing against his name was an albeit true accusation, which had no weight behind it. Which is why it puzzles me she didnt give this information up the first time.

We've seen what happens in the NFL when the league reacts to accusations before any proof can be found, like the stock of players falling in the draft.

It was the police department that released the documentation, not the wife.

He already served a game suspension over the same thing, no good reason to penalize him again because more information was released to the media. Giants signing Gould is an insurance policy should the NFL decide to punish Brown again for the same thing. If the Giants cut him over this it will be jumping the gun over media hysteria. Gould was cut for a reason by the Bears and I don't want to relearn that reason over the course of the season.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000724307/article/nfl-reopening-josh-brown-probe-he-wont-travel-to-london

Reading that points not at the wife as being the result of this latest release of information.

We gotta hope Gould was just hitting a rough patch at the end of last year. He was kicking fgs fine this preseason but then missed 2 PATs. If he's gotten it together we might end up with a better kicker than brown, if not then we're in trouble

hey, I'd rather see the evidence. Innocent until proven guilty, because..... Sometimes, bitches be crazy.

But if any evidence.... cut the sick fuck. Do not pass go, do not collect $200, we'll send you the contents of your locker.

But he's already copped to it, and been punished. Why does seeing a photo make it worse now? If hitting a woman is grounds for being cut (and I'm not saying it shouldn't be) why didn't they do it in pre-season?

Because...as usual it's all about the optics and the NFL trying to trow a player under the bus to save face. Same shit happened with Rice where he admitted to wrong doing to the NFL and the Ravens. Once the video surfaced though it was everyone for themselves time.

But he's already copped to it, and been punished. Why does seeing a photo make it worse now? If hitting a woman is grounds for being cut (and I'm not saying it shouldn't be) why didn't they do it in pre-season?

Because...as usual it's all about the optics and the NFL trying to trow a player under the bus to save face. Same shit happened with Rice where he admitted to wrong doing to the NFL and the Ravens. Once the video surfaced though it was everyone for themselves time.

::sigh::

yeah.....

NFL screwed the pooch again. Giants may have joined them.

It's no longer an "if he did this" situation. In the original procedings, JB admitted to physically and emotionally abusing his wife. Wife files complaint saying this happened. Brown admitted it happened. There really isn't a need for damning evidence at that point. That's like going to trial after a plea bargain is made. There's no point to go any further.

As to whether or not the NFL or Giants knew about it...the NFL certainly knew about it dating back to the pro bowl given they provided his wife a separate room. And if the NFL knew about it, I can't help but believe they informed the Giants. And if they didn't know about it, they damn well should have. The NFL can uncover shit these players did 4 years before they were drafted at a time when the public wouldn't have the slightest clue who they hell they even were. It's amazing how little information your investigation yields when you don't want your investigation to reveal certain information.

Point is, this guy beat his wife, same as Ray Rice. And after the Rice debacle, the NFL suspends a guy for fewer games? I hate to bring up Brady here, because I believe he did have the footballs deflated to his liking, but he essentially got 4 games for cheating. Players who beat their wives get 1-2 games. Clearly, the league values the validity of their games more than women's well-being - that's clear no matter how much pink shit they put on the field. This is the type of stuff that should get Goodell and a whole litany of NFL executives fired...like yesterday. I'm not generally one to call for people to lose their jobs, but holy hell this is pathetic. The NFL has a very real, very much existing problem condoning physical violence against women. And yes, condoning is very much the correct word here. It's to the point where if I'm the players union, I'm calling for a player's strike effective immediately. If the NFL wants to treat this seriously, they should suspend games for a week or shit, the rest of the season if they have to...in order to get their heads out of their asses. Because let's face it, as long as the money is coming in, the owners, the league, the players...in the grand scheme of things, do not and will not care.

NFL screwed the pooch again. Giants may have joined them.

It's no longer an "if he did this" situation. In the original procedings, JB admitted to physically and emotionally abusing his wife. Wife files complaint saying this happened. Brown admitted it happened. There really isn't a need for damning evidence at that point. That's like going to trial after a plea bargain is made. There's no point to go any further.

As to whether or not the NFL or Giants knew about it...the NFL certainly knew about it dating back to the pro bowl given they provided his wife a separate room. And if the NFL knew about it, I can't help but believe they informed the Giants. And if they didn't know about it, they damn well should have. The NFL can uncover shit these players did 4 years before they were drafted at a time when the public wouldn't have the slightest clue who they hell they even were. It's amazing how little information your investigation yields when you don't want your investigation to reveal certain information.

Point is, this guy beat his wife, same as Ray Rice. And after the Rice debacle, the NFL suspends a guy for fewer games? I hate to bring up Brady here, because I believe he did have the footballs deflated to his liking, but he essentially got 4 games for cheating. Players who beat their wives get 1-2 games. Clearly, the league values the validity of their games more than women's well-being - that's clear no matter how much pink shit they put on the field. This is the type of stuff that should get Goodell and a whole litany of NFL executives fired...like yesterday. I'm not generally one to call for people to lose their jobs, but holy hell this is pathetic. The NFL has a very real, very much existing problem condoning physical violence against women. And yes, condoning is very much the correct word here. It's to the point where if I'm the players union, I'm calling for a player's strike effective immediately. If the NFL wants to treat this seriously, they should suspend games for a week or shit, the rest of the season if they have to...in order to get their heads out of their asses. Because let's face it, as long as the money is coming in, the owners, the league, the players...in the grand scheme of things, do not and will not care.

Well if he smoked weed he'd be cut by now.

I'm not sure why his age or position matters. Personally, if he had come clean, admitted everything, took responsibility, was adjudicated by the legal system, made amends, and already seeking help, I don't have a problem with giving a second chance. I think Ray Rice being blackballed is cowardly. When a guy admits to it, does the right thimgs to get help, and you meted out punishment, do change now is simply pandering to the media, and i hate pandering. Stand on your principles. I do think 1 game was very light for having admitted domestic abuse.

We'll see what happens. I do think depending on the circumstances, I'm for giving people another chance to make things right and redeem themselves.

But you can do that and still be tough against Domestic Violence.

He did all of the above but he'll be cut now. AP only received a second chance because he's a very good player. Brown is good but nobody considers a kicker a skill position though. Interestingly enough his wife wouldn't co-operate with any of the investigation. On that note why she at the pro bowl with him?

That is really unfortunate for Josh Brown. This could very well be how he ends his career. If there is a bright side to this it is that while on the list he is on paid leave.

Is this what honesty about bad behavior gets you in the NFL?

That is really unfortunate for Josh Brown. This could very well be how he ends his career. If there is a bright side to this it is that while on the list he is on paid leave.

Is this what honesty about bad behavior gets you in the NFL?

I'd lose my job over it. Why not Josh Brown?