SportsWrath

The Giants paid 85 million for a joke of a pash rush.

Sephiroth

Can't say I disagree with anything in this article.

I have to admit... I can't remember the last time I thought the season was over at week 5, but I'm like 90% sure the season is over. I'll probably watch the game until I know they've lost (this week I'm guessing they'll hold out till the third quarter), but I'm definitely not going to bail on other plans to watch the Giants like I've done in seasons past.

Judging by the game against GB, JPP and OV are doing a great job... tough to get a sack when you're double teamed.... The loss for the game I blame on Spags... the guy I rooted for to come back as our DC... his lack of imagination was horrifying... Just think how long Aaron Rogers was sitting out there waiting for his receivers to get open...

Judging by the game against GB, JPP and OV are doing a great job... tough to get a sack when you're double teamed.... The loss for the game I blame on Spags... the guy I rooted for to come back as our DC... his lack of imagination was horrifying... Just think how long Aaron Rogers was sitting out there waiting for his receivers to get open...

and a lot of times, they didn't. i think that was the proper way to play Aaron Rodgers. The way he moves in the pocket and throws on the run, I think it's futile to go all out pass rush on him. The game plan seemed to be more coverage than pressure. And it mostly worked.

:clap:

It did work as the 2 INTs showed. The problem is that the Giants O couldn't score more than 20 points. That's been the problem the entire season except the Redskins game. The D is not the issue and I'm not sure how Spagnuolo is getting so much grief. Giants would be 0-5 if the D was anywhere as inept as last year.

and a lot of times, they didn't. i think that was the proper way to play Aaron Rodgers. The way he moves in the pocket and throws on the run, I think it's futile to go all out pass rush on him. The game plan seemed to be more coverage than pressure. And it mostly worked.

This year we have a LB who can go after the QB.. (Keenan Robinson)... how we let Rogers sit there for eternity is beyond me.... After so long a receiver was bound to get open which is what happened.

I'm not saying the O isn't without a blame and it begins at the OL who played a shitty game... Eli looked like a nervous rookie back there.

Bulaga and Bakhtiari were handling them one on one. Packers play the same exact offense Giants do thing is to run "11" personnel you need tackles who can play on an island ( we don't) a qb that can move (we don't) and oh Bakhtiari went one pick ahead of Nassib

Bulaga and Bakhtiari were handling them one on one. Packers play the same exact offense Giants do thing is to run "11" personnel you need tackles who can play on an island ( we don't) a qb that can move (we don't) and oh Balhtiari went one pick ahead of Nassib

Often times I noticed 2 guys on OV and 2 on JPP... hardly it was 1 on 1.... It just seemed like Spags stuck to his formation regardless.. and when he decided to send a blitz, GB knew about it... Hell, a lot of us could tell from the couch there was a blitz coming..

Yep, they usually hate spending money, but now they spend it on shit quality.

I think OV, Snacks, and Jenkins have been very good... and My favorite LB... Keenan Robinson.. my issue was that Spags isn't adding any wrinkles and his schemes are easily read by opposing offenses.

Fwiw JPP and Vernon lead the NFL in hurries for a starting DE duo.

The sacks will come. Vernon and JPP are conditioned not to wear/brake down during the long haul of the season when everyone else does and that's when they get the sacks they just miss now.

The have the most hurries of any pair of DL in the NFL.

Again though... sacks change the game, not hurries. At some point you have to stop making excuses.

Being number one in hurries is like saying you're the best at almost making a play.

Again though... sacks change the game, not hurries. At some point you have to stop making excuses.

Being number one in hurries is like saying you're the best at almost making a play.

Hurries are what created the two INTs last game.

WTF is a hurry, though? How the fuck is that measured? Because Rodgers could hold the ball for 3-4 seconds and THEN get pressured. That's what the NYG hurries look like. It didn't force him to make a mistake, his receivers not getting open forced him to make a mistake.

WTF is a hurry, though? How the fuck is that measured? Because Rodgers could hold the ball for 3-4 seconds and THEN get pressured. That's what the NYG hurries look like. It didn't force him to make a mistake, his receivers not getting open forced him to make a mistake.

Nearly every time they forced him to move it was an incomplete pass, often to open receivers too. He looked like Eli did all game.

Hurries are what created the two INTs last game.

They created one. The other one hit the receiver directly in the hands and was deflected to Jenkins.

Sacks create turnovers too, and we aren't getting our money's worth.