SportsWrath

Spags - a thing of the past?

MikeGL

Honestly, I'm not sure I understand the "what's wrong with Eli" arguments.

Eli's been streaky his entire career. For four weeks he'll throw for 400 yards and 3TDs a game... for three weeks he'll throw for 175 and two picks a game. "Consistently inconsistent."

Eli is playing like Eli. We're fortunate he's gotten on hot streaks in the playoffs twice.

Truth. Somebody posted EA's pre-draft write up and this was his assessment. Guy will make you pull your hair out or jump for joy; no in between. One difference though is that Eli isn't making those improbable comebacks very often anymore. I used to joke with woman when the Giants were down by 6 with 3:00 left in the game that the Giants had the opponents where they wanted them and it's Eli time. Over the past 2 years that hasn't been very true anymore.

Truth. Somebody posted EA's pre-draft write up and this was his assessment. Guy will make you pull your hair out or jump for joy; no in between. One difference though is that Eli isn't making those improbable comebacks very often anymore. I used to joke with woman when the Giants were down by 6 with 3:00 left in the game that the Giants had the opponents where they wanted them and it's Eli time. Over the past 2 years that hasn't been very true anymore.

He's missing a tall tight end. We need to see more of #89

Papa and Banks alluded to this during the GB game. The Giants have lined up in the EXACT same personnel package on 96% of their offensive snaps this year. Now whether that's stubbornness on McAdoo's part, the result of injuries, or whatever else it could be... if the defense knows what's coming I don't care who they're lining up against, it won't look good at all.

Now Eli hasn't looked good for 2.5 games, but prior to that he looked really good and is still coming off his best statistical season, so let's put the shotguns away for now. Not time to put the old dog down just yet.

Finally... our OL is a problem. It was a problem. And it will be a problem for the rest of the season. I called this shit weeks ago. Bottom line is everyone needs to step their game up. Right now I believe we still have more turnovers than TDs and that is pathetic. So Idk what needs to be done to fix the issues in yhe immediate future, but I really hope it happens soon.