SportsWrath

Could Ben McAdoo be a 1 and done coach?

Virginia Giant

They aren't blowing up the team after one season. Not happening.

Eli only gets dropped if he has a season long or career altering injury, like Peyton's last days in Indianapolis.

And if that happens within the next year, McAdoo and Reese are in the QB hunt, not a new staff.

I know we all want an easy scapegoat for the weak start to the season, but this team doesn't juggle coaches, nor should it. If they don't think enough of a rookie head coach prospect to not give him three seasons to figure it out and make his mark, then they shouldn't have hired him in the first place. You think Mara et. al., given their team building philosophy centered on stability, will admit an error, if its even an error, after just one season? Come on man! Not. Happening.

Totally agreed. These guys have pretty clearly shown that they are very sure they have the right people. It remains to be seen whether they're being stubborn or they're correct but all you gotta look at is them firing coughlin and keeping everyone else to see that they thought they were fine as is but felt they had to throw the media and fans who wanted major change a bone.

I was about 55%-45% in favor of keeping coughlin. But if you're gonna fire the guy then you scrap the whole damn thing, not just fire one guy while keeping his staff. It wasnt correct or fair to just blame tom

The only way Mac will get fired after one season is if it ends up as a 4-12 disaster where the team has obviously quit on the coach. Unless it's an utter embarassment, he probably stays at least two years.

Say what you will about Coughlin, but whether it was in Jacksonville or New York, his teams never quit on him.

I was seriously wondering if the jags lost in England before their bye whether they'd fire Bradley and bring coughlin back. He's absolutely perfect for a super talented but super young and undisciplined roster and Their personnel is a great fit for his offense

The only way Mac will get fired after one season is if it ends up as a 4-12 disaster where the team has obviously quit on the coach. Unless it's an utter embarassment, he probably stays at least two years.

Say what you will about Coughlin, but whether it was in Jacksonville or New York, his teams never quit on him.

Yet Coughlin was called an asshole on here for screwing up our draft position. Hahah.

Totally agreed. These guys have pretty clearly shown that they are very sure they have the right people. It remains to be seen whether they're being stubborn or they're correct but all you gotta look at is them firing coughlin and keeping everyone else to see that they thought they were fine as is but felt they had to throw the media and fans who wanted major change a bone.

I was about 55%-45% in favor of keeping coughlin. But if you're gonna fire the guy then you scrap the whole damn thing, not just fire one guy while keeping his staff. It wasnt correct or fair to just blame tom

Definitely bullshit. That's why I hope if the Giants face plant (I.m talking really bad like top 5 draft) then the owners eat their pride and nuke the entire staff and realise that drafting a QB to sit and learn behind Eli and a new coaching staff is the best option. The problem with firing Coughlin is that it was a half measure and a pointless move. With the way OBJ was acting 4 games into the season the locker room may already be in turmoil. I am a Giants fan and here's hoping everything comes up roses and unicorns but this season has a very bad feeling to it.

Yet Coughlin was called an asshole on here for screwing up our draft position. Hahah.

Coughlin was called an asshole for trotting out the over-the-hill Mathias Kiwanukas of the team when we were out of playoff contention and had the needs-experience DaMontre Moores of the team sitting on the bench. Eli Manning should have been giving way to Ryan Nassib after the first quarter; we still don't know what we have there if Eli ever goes down.

Definitely bullshit. That's why I hope if the Giants face plant (I.m talking really bad like top 5 draft) then the owners eat their pride and nuke the entire staff and realise that drafting a QB to sit and learn behind Eli and a new coaching staff is the best option. The problem with firing Coughlin is that it was a half measure and a pointless move. With the way OBJ was acting 4 games into the season the locker room may already be in turmoil. I am a Giants fan and here's hoping everything comes up roses and unicorns but this season has a very bad feeling to it.

Yeah I had been under the impression that the coaching staff was mostly new, but I took a look at it's like 80% the same guys. Pat Flaherty is gone and I think the LB coach is new, and there's a new conditioning guy, but the rest of the team is the 2015 crew.

Every coach that is still there is because McAdoo wants them. Let us be absolutely clear on that point because McAdoo could very well have fired everyone and chose not to. He did not become the head coach on the condition of keeping staff that Coughlin picked.

Fans who are still clamoring for major change need to take a look in the mirror. New York Giants aren't changing.

Every coach that is still there is because McAdoo wants them. Let us be absolutely clear on that point because McAdoo could very well have fired everyone and chose not to. He did not become the head coach on the condition of keeping staff that Coughlin picked.

Fans who are still clamoring for major change need to take a look in the mirror. New York Giants aren't changing.

Let's be clear that Im not talking about assistants. I'm talking about mcadoo himself and Reese

This exactly and then say Reese needs an " impact player" and he goes in a completely different direction