SportsWrath

Could Ben McAdoo be a 1 and done coach?

Virginia Giant

If we totally melt down and end up 5-11 then it could easily be time for a complete house clean and rebuild ........ Not just McAdoo gone , but Jerry , Eli and Spags too. Mara would have no other choice

You desire to become the Cleveland Browns

The O-line is being scapegoated. Eli has been awful. The O-line cost the Giants a couple of times, but aren't completely to blame for the past 3 losses. They were very, very good against Minnesota, for exampl

Right and game planning on quick ball release doesn't help the line out at all. The oline sucks and it without a doubt makes it harder for the QB. Throw on top of that the complete lack of disciple this team has = crap

You desire to become the Cleveland Browns

Last year it was, "we'll become the Washington Redskins."

Well, Washington is 3-2, second in the division, is the defending NFC champions, and just beat us. Maybe it's time to become more like the Washington Redskins, because being the New York Giants hasn't really worked the past four years.

I think they let McAdoo construct the O in his image...means finding a new QB that fits the WCO and a APB with speed

The problem is the only reason that MacAttack was promoted to HC was to allow Eli to stay in the stay system and milk the last few years of his career.

If the Giant's fail to make the playoffs or show any progression at all (which is the current case) then I doubt JR and company is still around.

It will be a new era at that point, why hang on to the old struggling scraps from the previous one?

The problem is the only reason that MacAttack was promoted to HC was to allow Eli to stay in the stay system and milk the last few years of his career.

If the Giant's fail to make the playoffs or show any progression at all (which is the current case) then I doubt JR and company is still around.

It will be a new era at that point, why hang on to the old struggling scraps from the previous one?

I'm not sure about that I think Sullivan stayed for Eli's sake. It sounded like McAdoo wanted a different staff and reached out to Philbin who runs this same offense. The Giants?Mara's wanted change without making any change

Right and game planning on quick ball release doesn't help the line out at all. The oline sucks and it without a doubt makes it harder for the QB. Throw on top of that the complete lack of disciple this team has = crap

This team hasn't had a disciple since Parcells.

Yeah, Eli always had issues with the short pass accuracy but now it seems like his deep ball is off also. Unless Eli turns it around I think a nuke from orbit is warranted because being top 10 in the draft again gives you a shot a QB. You'd want your new staff to have the choice to pick who that will be. Top 5 draft pick and you definitely nuke.

Should he be a 1 and done or will he be a 1 and done?

I think it's too early to tell. The front office likes consistency, so I hesitate to say he will be. Hell, if we miss the playoffs, I'd think JR is gone too, but early returns from Thompson, Apple, and Shepard...one could look at those three and argue he should keep his job even if the team loses.

If I were to bet,

Spags gone

JR gone

McAdoo stays

They aren't blowing up the team after one season. Not happening.

Eli only gets dropped if he has a season long or career altering injury, like Peyton's last days in Indianapolis.

And if that happens within the next year, McAdoo and Reese are in the QB hunt, not a new staff.

I know we all want an easy scapegoat for the weak start to the season, but this team doesn't juggle coaches, nor should it. If they don't think enough of a rookie head coach prospect to not give him three seasons to figure it out and make his mark, then they shouldn't have hired him in the first place. You think Mara et. al., given their team building philosophy centered on stability, will admit an error, if its even an error, after just one season? Come on man! Not. Happening.

I think it's too early to tell. The front office likes consistency, so I hesitate to say he will be. Hell, if we miss the playoffs, I'd think JR is gone too, but early returns from Thompson, Apple, and Shepard...one could look at those three and argue he should keep his job even if the team loses.

If I were to bet,

Spags gone

JR gone

McAdoo stays

Maybe if you look at it in a vacuum of just this years draft JR may deserve to stay. But consider he spent millions on Vernon and Harrison and they've been contributors; nothing more.

Maybe if you look at it in a vacuum of just this years draft JR may deserve to stay. But consider he spent millions on Vernon and Harrison and they've been contributors; nothing more.

Oh, believe me, I've been on the Jerry Must Go side for some time and my post was not meant to say anything other than the Giants front office, in the name of consistency and in the name of the players he brought in THIS year...might keep him off the gallows for another year.

Yeah, Eli always had issues with the short pass accuracy but now it seems like his deep ball is off also. Unless Eli turns it around I think a nuke from orbit is warranted because being top 10 in the draft again gives you a shot a QB. You'd want your new staff to have the choice to pick who that will be. Top 5 draft pick and you definitely nuke.

Nassib Time! We either win with him, or we fail and win the draft!

The entire team shit the bed... defensively, Rogers had all fucking day... seems JPP and OV were double teamed on every play... makes you wonder where's the LB blitz....

Eli sucked... Flowers couldn't handle speedy rushers.... Cruz played dead

If I were to bet,

Spags gone

JR gone

McAdoo stays

Shepard? Played great and then Eli forgot about him...and Cruz