SportsWrath

Secondary looking shakey for MNF

Treehugger

Giants' safety Nat Berhe misses practice, in concussion protocol

Nat Berhe missed practice Thursday for the New York Giants and he is currently in the NFL's concussion protocol.

Berhe's status for the Giants' Week 4 game vs. the Minnesota Vikings is uncertain at this time. If he can't play, the Giants will be awfully thin at safety and in the secondary overall.

Remember the early narrative that read -- the Giants are healthy. You can forget that. The Giants have dealt with injuries to safeties Darian Thompson (week-to-week) and Mykkele Thompson (injured reserve) at safety. Now you can add Berhe to that list. At this moment, recently called up practice squad safety Andrew Adams is set to make his first career start for the Giants at safety next to Landon Collins in Week 4.

Some have suggested the Giants use Leon Hall at safety next to Collins, but that is not a realistic option given the state of the Giants' cornerbacks group. Starters Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie (groin) and Eli Apple (hamstring) are questionable at best for Week 4. The Giants need Hall to fill in at cornerback.

The Giants have been hit hard by injuries in the secondary to start the 2016 season.

14484810_1224799404217554_88959657473895

I hope not.

Vernon has been excellent against the run since joining the Giants this offseason as the highest-paid defensive end in NFL history, but he hasn't really gotten going as a pass rusher yet. In Week 4, he draws backup Vikings left tackle T.J. Clemmings. He should eat in this matchup, even if he is currently dealing with a lingering wrist injury.

Thompson , Berhe , DRC , Apple ........ all injured .........i think we are fucked ( to be honest ) against the Vikes ...........hope we can find a pass rush

We are pretty fortunate that Bradford isn't all that and the Vikings receiving corps is mediocre at best. I personally have us beating them 28-17, mainly because of our own WRs vs their DBs.

We are pretty fortunate that Bradford isn't all that and the Vikings receiving corps is mediocre at best. I personally have us beating them 28-17, mainly because of our own WRs vs their DBs.

What do you mean? Diggs is really good and will eat up the Giants in intermediate routes

He is only one guy though. Their group overall is mediocre at best. Just my opinion.

It is outside of Diggs. Diggs is the type that kills the Giants though. They drafted Treadwell and I guess he's been bad and they haven't even played him

Between Kyle Rudolph and Stefon Diggs, they have guys who can catch the ball and create mismatches. I wouldn't underestimate Bradford's ability to get them the ball. Defensively, given our banged-up secondary, this game comes down to pressure with the front 4 or 5. If we can sack Bradford a time or two and stop the run, I think we're good.

Offensively, I'd like to be able to run the football, but that's going to be difficult given their defensive front. I think opening up the passing game a little more will do wonders. Stretch those 5-6 yard routes to 8-10 yard routes. Get some crossing routes going with guys running through traffic into open spaces. Eli needs to be accurate this game.

Lastly, we cannot under any circumstances lose the turnover battle.

Yeah I said it. Sorry, this is not the same QB that played that playoff game in San Francisco in 2011.

Yeah, gunshy and scared.

Exactly what I was just thinking about.

Well.... we had good times. But if that is who Eli is now, then its time to move on.