SportsWrath

Vereen out for the year with torn tricep

Mr. P

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter 11m11 minutes ago

Giants announced RB Shane Vereen tore his tricep and is out for the season. http://es.pn/2ddOPyy

Paul Schwartz @NYPost_Schwartz 5m5 minutes ago New York, USA

McAdoo said Shane Vereen was playing with the triceps injury "for a significant amount of time.''

Art Stapleton @art_stapleton 7m7 minutes ago

McAdoo says he does not know exactly when Vereen was injured, but believes he played with that injury for a while in the game.

Coughlin always making these guys play hurt.

I don't mind Darkwa as the starter. I was wanting to see more of him, anyway. It's behind him that I worry about. Rainey and his ball security issues makes me nervous and the fact that Perkins can't get on the field tells me all I need to know about his readiness....or lack thereof. Think you'll see a few names come in for workouts this week.

Ray Rice

I'd honestly be okay with it at this point. He served the penalty (plus) that he was given. I've known good people who fucked up and went to prison and now have one hell of a time getting back on their feet. 2nd opportunities are rare and I wouldn't have a huge problem if the Giants took the position to provide one.

That said, it'd be a media storm nightmare that I just don't see them inviting upon themselves and it's a shame that that's the way it is.

That is unfortunate for Vereen. He could have had another great season with numbers matching or exceeding last season. Luckily we have considerable depth at RB and it will open up opportunities for them. Gives Darkwa an opportunity to impress me at the very least.

I'm just saying that I'd not care if the Giants gave him a shot...that's all.

I wouldn't either, but he last played in 2013 and like Herc said he fell off that year. He's only 29 though and I am sure he stayed in shape do you really forget how to run a football?