SportsWrath

Positives from yesterday !!!!

osi724dasack

The O line and it's run blocking late in the game, overall this unit played okay but played great when it mattered most , we were all petrified in pre season, they won't be that bad. Just need to stay healthy.

Shepard flashed some swag and Cruz caught 4 balls including the winning score, looked really crafty on his routes, explosion could still be coming back. Was good to see him take a few hits and turn it on at games end.

The secondary was nasty. Were not tested deep but Jenkins and DRC were legit nasty. Behre and Collins were lighting motherfuckers up.

Cassilas played about as well as a Giants LB since prime time Michael Boley

Specials looks solid besides ass fuck Bullock

Last but not least!!!! THE DLINE WAS INSANE !!!! They were A++++++ from the anchor Snacks, too JPP dominating Free, to OV doing his job, and Hankins cleaning up, they dominated the run game. Pass rush will follow.

Offense needs more time of possesion to keep those 4 DL fresh as possible, they are legitimate as fuck.

This was my other favorite play:

Eli Manning quote defines what Victor Cruz does so well

New York Giants quarterback Eli Manning has connected with wide receiver Victor Cruz on 25 regular season touchdowns, but No. 25 on Sunday might have been the biggest one.

Cruz's 3-yard touchdown catch was not only his first in nearly 700 days but also the go-ahead touchdown in the Giants' Week 1 20-19 win over the Dallas Cowboys. And it came on a route that Manning graded as a "minus" for Cruz.

“They had a pretty good coverage," Manning said. "Victor kind of just did his deal. He probably felt he was covered, saw me moving around the pocket and just found the open window. He kept on the move, kept alive and that’s what he does well. He might actually get a minus on the route because technically, he was not supposed to do what he did. But we’ll worry about that later. It’s a minus good job, good touchdown. Sometimes you get those in football.”

Cruz's ability to find the open holes in pass coverage is one of his best traits as a wide receiver. Of course, a savvy wide receiver needs a quarterback who can understand his freelancing and capitalize on it. Manning and Cruz have built a strong rapport over the years and it picked up right where it left off on Sunday.

As Cruz told reporters in his postgame interview, after he found the soft spot in the coverage, he didn't have to wait for the ball to come -- Manning hit him right in stride. Week 1 was just the start of the Manning and Cruz connection making its way back to the mainstream. Plays like this one that inspire confidence in Manning to look Cruz's way early and often.

Thompson and Apple looked good as well, had some great tackles in the flats.

Jennings and Vereen holy hell talk about two key cogs in the offense, Vereen might be the top rusher and most catches on the team by years end.

OBJ is going to go crazy with teams having to fear The Return of Salsa and Shepard.

Donnell should be converted to an H-back type, playing both FB/TE.

Thompson and Apple looked good as well, had some great tackles in the flats.

Jennings and Vereen holy hell talk about two key cogs in the offense, Vereen might be the top rusher and most catches on the team by years end.

OBJ is going to go crazy with teams having to fear The Return of Salsa and Shepard.

Donnell should be converted to an H-back type, playing both FB/TE.

Thompson was good. Apple got beat by Butler on a first down and he had trouble in trail technique, but he wasn't bad overall

Positive?? How about McAdoo sold his soul? We were a second away from a rookie QB spiking the ball and whipping our ass with a FG. I hope they get their shit together real quick. I-Line giving Eli another half a second. Our DLine doing a better job with pressure.

The good news is that the dline probably won't see an offensive line that good until they play the Cowboys again.

The D Line was fine. Sacks are great but not the only gauge of a line's effectiveness. They stuffed the run and put a lot of pressure on Prescott and never let him get comfortable, making him move and elude. And they'll only get better, as the young guys like Odiggy and Okwara get acclimated and start to contribute, rotating in, keeping everyone fresh.

Positives - DL and Secondary looks much improved from last year - and I like the safety play. DRC is the best and most underrated CB we have. LBers - as long as we dont hear their names for having fucked up big Im OK if they are unspectacular.

On the flip side - we cant afford to give up those 10-11 min drives - even if it ends up with a FG - the drive is just too damn fucking long and it happened multiple times. And Id like to see the offense score on the ground regularly in the red zone. The first 2 attempts in the red zone were fade tosses to Odell until Cruz got he TD. Id like to see regular off the edge old school running TDs - off tackly style. Similar to what DeAngelo Williams or David Johnson were scoring for example. We look better than last year - we definitely look like we can win the division - but we need to be able to beat the Cards, Panthers, Hawks, Pats, Steelers etc - for that we still have a lot to improve.

Our D will be tested this week against the Saints - Brees is not exactly Prescott

On the flip side - we cant afford to give up those 10-11 min drives - even if it ends up with a FG - the drive is just too damn fucking long and it happened multiple times. And Id like to see the offense score on the ground regularly in the red zone. The first 2 attempts in the red zone were fade tosses to Odell until Cruz got he TD. Id like to see regular off the edge old school running TDs - off tackly style. Similar to what DeAngelo Williams or David Johnson were scoring for example. We look better than last year - we definitely look like we can win the division - but we need to be able to beat the Cards, Panthers, Hawks, Pats, Steelers etc - for that we still have a lot to improve.

That fade to Odell just needs to be burned. I turned to the kid and said fade to Odell. I think next game he'll be saying it also.

We have nothing to worry about. The saints are garbage when they aren't in their perfectly conditioned dome. Look what happened last time they came here and they were a better team in 2012. They're lucky it's not cold up here yet

The fade works yes - the second attempt OBJ had separated from the corner and it should have been a rifle back shoulder pass - instead it was again that fade shit. I dunno - I just feel they should be doing something else - every team I see uses something creative in the redzone where somebody is wide open or they use the edges. We just keep tossing grapes into people's mouths.