SportsWrath

J.T. Thomas takes paycut

Mr. P

We have decisions this offseason to make with Hankins and JPP. Then the offseason after that we have Odell(though I'm sure the 5th year option will be picked up), Pugh, and Richburg(also Kennard).

And they still would of had money next offseason. Sitton wouldn't have changed that

And they still would of had money next offseason. Sitton wouldn't have changed that

Technically Sitton would have taken $6million away from what we could roll over from this year to next year.

I wanted Sitton, but I can't know what the Packers were asking for in a trade.

He has two years left and they can use a fifth year option on him. So basically three years until they have to worry about him

A receiver of his magnitude...we'll want to lock up with 1 year remaining in his rookie deal. If we let him get paid on the rookie scale for 5 years, I'd bet he walks as soon as he can. If we string him along that long...it might create...not bad blood...but at least mixed feelings.

Now, after this season, his rookie deal will have 1 full year and apparently 1 option year. I'd be strongly in favor of scrapping that 4th full year and option year by locking him up for the next 5 or 6 years. The cap space this year can carry over to next.

That said, if there are other guys I don't know about, like the ones PDub brought up, you could just as easily apply the savings to their resigning.

Either way, it's a war chest to resign guys...

A receiver of his magnitude...we'll want to lock up with 1 year remaining in his rookie deal. If we let him get paid on the rookie scale for 5 years, I'd bet he walks as soon as he can. If we string him along that long...it might create...not bad blood...but at least mixed feelings.

Now, after this season, his rookie deal will have 1 full year and apparently 1 option year. I'd be strongly in favor of scrapping that 4th full year and option year by locking him up for the next 5 or 6 years. The cap space this year can carry over to next.

That said, if there are other guys I don't know about, like the ones PDub brought up, you could just as easily apply the savings to their resigning.

Either way, it's a war chest to resign guys...

I agree with this approach on Beckham. When you have a player like that you don't count pennies, you stack benjamins.

Technically Sitton would have taken $6million away from what we could roll over from this year to next year.

I wanted Sitton, but I can't know what the Packers were asking for in a trade.

There are otger ways to get that back for next offseason. His dead cap is only 2 million next year with a cap hit of 7 million. Basically get free for one tear if released next offseason. Releasing Cruz is going to save them 8 million

We have decisions this offseason to make with Hankins and JPP. Then the offseason after that we have Odell(though I'm sure the 5th year option will be picked up), Pugh, and Richburg(also Kennard).

I think they honestly have to lock Odell up this coming offseason, the guy is going to be asking for 20+ million a year and as the best WR in the NFL, he should get it.

Eli and Odell are going to be eating up 45+ million in cap space the next few years.

Well he isn't starting and a possible cut so yeah taking the pay cut.

Oh and good luck on locking up Odell Beckham Jr. on the cheap early. I think the team would be better off without him in the long run if keeping him comes at the continued expense of a balanced offense.