SportsWrath

Giants sign CB Leon Hall

Treehugger

I think if you're drafting a player based on immediate need, your team is already fucked.

So.... make the pick that is best for the long term.

That really depends. CB takes longer to develop than other positions. So why would a team use a first rounder on a player so raw that can't really contribute right away? I rather sign a season guy at CB than develop one just to give them max money after their rookie contract is over.

That really depends. CB takes longer to develop than other positions. So why would a team use a first rounder on a player so raw that can't really contribute right away? I rather sign a season guy at CB than develop one just to give them max money after their rookie contract is over.

I mean Webster turned out good, it's why you draft a CB and develop them.

Everything I read is that Apple will become the next best thing since Jason Seahorn, it's just not gonna be immediate, which once again is the reason why people complain about this pick when the Giants are in desperation mode to squeeze one more miracle run out of Eli.

I mean Webster turned out good, it's why you draft a CB and develop them.

Everything I read is that Apple will become the next best thing since Jason Seahorn, it's just not gonna be immediate, which once again is the reason why people complain about this pick when the Giants are in desperation mode to squeeze one more miracle run out of Eli.

This... however considering who was available at the time I don't think any other pick would've been any different. Pick Hargreaves and you're in pretty much the same position (except I believe he can play slot). Take Tunsil and you have a wildcard with poor judgement that you want to anchor your OL for 10 years along with Flowers. Who else was there that would've warranted a top 10 pick? Everyone was also saying trade down, but I'm glad Reese didn't considering what the Jets were offering.