SportsWrath

2016 Draft Day Thread.

Lughead

See now that is how you make a highlight reel Jim :cheah:

I watch them on mute! :P

Sy'56's take - 5th best TE in the class (I think he's spot on).

5 – JERRELL ADAMS – 6’5/247 – SOUTH CAROLINA: 72

Fourth year senior. Has a freakish frame and shows flashes of being an absolute terror to cover. Size and speed are there. Looks like he is easily adding the needed bulk to his frame. Adams is still considered a raw prospect that is long on talent and tools, but short on skills. He still shows awkward movement in short space at times. Adams is a high effort player that can get up the seam in a blink and easily catches the ball with his hands. He doesn’t make a big impact as a blocker but he gets after his man hard. He bends well and he knows how to use his long arms. Adams has the upside to be an all around tight end if he can continue to add weight and refine his route running. There is an upside here that very few tight ends possess.

*I was ready to have a 2nd round grade on Adams. Talent wise I think he has the goods to be a big time matchup problem for opposing defenses. Speed and length with nice ball skills are always a good combination. I got some information on Adams inability to stay consistent off the field, however. He doesn’t work hard and didn’t take care of his business. People from his own camp were pretty down on him. That’s rare because it’s usually the other way around to a fault. Upside is enormous with this kid if he can turn that around,

What does that have to do with us not taking him at 10?

It says we really wanted to help the defense out and we believe Eli can still take absorb the hit of the guy he can't avoid this season.

Yeah it looks like we're doubling down on Marshall Newhouse at RT. Would have been good to finish rebuilding the offensive line before starting on the defense.

The bright side is our defense is near complete...

At 6-foot-5 and 247 pounds, Adams drew a lot of attention from NFL scouts in the months leading up to the NFL Combine and NFL Draft. His athleticism, blocking ability, and good hands give him the chance to make the roster on an NFL team.

Adams had the best times for a tight end at the Combine in 40-yard dash (4.64), 20-yard shuttle (4.31) and 60-yard shuttle (11.52).

CBSSports.com ranked Adams the No. 4 tight end in this year’s draft class and the No. 118 player overall.

Might already be the best TE on the roster.

The bright side is our defense is near complete...

I'd say just started and unproven. Long way to go till the start of the season and looking forward to seeing this defense in August. I can't remember an offseason the Giants have been this focused on defense.

My guy Beau Sandland just got picked right before Mr. Irrelevant for the Carolina Panthers. 2 picks away from being signable as a UDFA. Dadgummit... see, Gettleman knows.

In all honesty, Adams should've been the pick in the 6th. He's bigger and faster, played at a big program, SEC. But damn, still wish we could've gotten Sandland.

BB25's Ben Braunecker is available as a UDFA, though! Combine warrior! Harvard man!

My guy Beau Sandland just got picked right before Mr. Irrelevant for the Carolina Panthers. 2 picks away from being signable as a UDFA. Dadgummit... see, Gettleman knows.

In all honesty, Adams should've been the pick in the 6th. He's bigger and faster, played at a big program, SEC. But damn, still wish we could've gotten Sandland.

BB25's Ben Braunecker is available as a UDFA, though! Combine warrior! Harvard man!

Can't believe Braunecker didn't get drafted